Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546406 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2014, 02:24:37 pm »

BoxOfDog, Hydrad, get in here and roll some dice~!.

Mail-Mi, you're likely going to end up having to roll.
Probably.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2014, 02:25:51 pm »

play: 5

Catching up now.
Ichi gets all the heat for his roll but none for volt? vote: volt.

ACtually makes me think ichi is townier because the scums are going to put more pressure on a townie than on a partner.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2014, 02:27:53 pm »

Dice roll statistics:

Target to reach: 1000
Average per player needed: 71.4 or roll of 9 or higher.

Probability of rolling 9 or higher
...with 1 die: 4/12 = 33.3%
...with 2 dice: 4/12+8/12*4/12 = 55.6%
...with 3 dice: 4/12+8/12*4/12+(8/12)²*4/12 = 70.4%
...with 4 dice: 4/12+8/12*4/12+(8/12)²*4/12+(8/12)³*4/12 = 80.2%

Plays so far:

ahersky: 9 (average)
Beyond Awesome: 12 (very good)
liopoil: 8 (below average)
Ichimaru Gin: 6 (bad)
Witherweaver: 8 (below average)
pingpongsam: 8 (below average)
faust: 9 (average - previously 10)
XerxesPraelor: 11 (good)
chairs: 9 (average)
Voltaire: 5 (very bad)

Remaining players: 4 (yuma, mail-mi, BoxOfDog, Hydrad)
Remaining target: 239
Needed average: 59.5 or roll of 8 or higher
If I don't roll, that means the others need a 239/3=79.7 or a 9 or higher.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »

Catching up now.

ACtually makes me think ichi is townier because the scums are going to put more pressure on a townie than on a partner.

What are you talking about in your second sentence?

You do understand how probability works, right? With a large number of us some of us are going to have crappy rolls. I actually had virtually the worst result possible.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2014, 02:29:10 pm »

Catching up now.

You do understand how probability works, right? With a large number of us some of us are going to have crappy rolls. I actually had virtually the worst result possible.

Second sentence means thus:

Two people get bad rolls. One is townie with bad luck, one is scum trying to sabotage. Partners are going to put more pressure on the townie than on their partner scum.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

Townread on mail-mi. Exposing the different standards that faust is using. It's useful to hear about the previous game, but I'm not sure if scum would take the same tack. They probably know the scum meta for the last one and would do something different.

I'm going to vote: faust. For obviously biased application of his theories.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »

Townread on mail-mi. Exposing the different standards that faust is using. It's useful to hear about the previous game, but I'm not sure if scum would take the same tack. They probably know the scum meta for the last one and would do something different.

I'm going to vote: faust. For obviously biased application of his theories.

Huh?  What standards?  What is Mail-Mi exposing?

Vote: Ichi for weirdly constructed OMGUS.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »

Two people get bad rolls. One is townie with bad luck, one is scum trying to sabotage. Partners are going to put more pressure on the townie than on their partner scum.

Hmm yes.

vote: IG

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2014, 02:53:24 pm »

Gosh darn it! Look. I play a "low" number and a get a ton of heat for it. Volt plays an even lower number and gets no suspicion at all!

Can't you see it?!

Seriously. This is the worst wagon on me that I've ever seen.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2014, 02:54:49 pm »

Gosh darn it! Look. I play a "low" number and a get a ton of heat for it. Volt plays an even lower number and gets no suspicion at all!

Can't you see it?!

How do you know that Faust doesn't suspect Volt?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »

Catching up now.

And I played something, whereas you are trying to get away with not playing anything.

Which actually makes me lean town on you, I do not see scum being so explicit.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:09 pm »

Can't you see it?!
don't worry I see it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »

Can't you see it?!

It's not just faust. No one has really said anything about Volt. Why don't you suspect Volt? (I suspect him more for the lack of heat he's getting that mail-mi pointed out than his low roll).

PPE: 2

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:50 pm »

Catching up now.

And I played something, whereas you are trying to get away with not playing anything.

My role makes it better if I don't roll unless absolutely necessary (heh heh role roll)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »

Catching up now.

My role makes it better if I don't roll unless absolutely necessary (heh heh role roll)

Right, and I'm talking about the other option being you're scum and pretending to have such a role.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »

Catching up now.

Right, and I'm talking about the other option being you're scum and pretending to have such a role.
which is the wrong option--you'll see tomorrow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2014, 03:03:04 pm »

Stop claiming.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2014, 03:05:31 pm »

I think it is extremely bad to claim # of dice rolled/results etc. with the thief/meddling roles that appear to exist here.
What does this make you think of faust's pressure for me to tell me how many dice I rolled?
I know he's a smart and experienced player, so I think he would know this as well.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

tell *him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »

I think it is extremely bad to claim # of dice rolled/results etc. with the thief/meddling roles that appear to exist here.
What does this make you think of faust's pressure for me to tell me how many dice I rolled?
I know he's a smart and experienced player, so I think he would know this as well.

I did not notice that he asked that. It is definitely scummy/anti-town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »

Can't you see it?!

It's not just faust. No one has really said anything about Volt. Why don't you suspect Volt? (I suspect him more for the lack of heat he's getting that mail-mi pointed out than his low roll).

PPE: 2

Why should I expect volt?  I haven't put anything behind the "low rolls are scummy" argument. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »

This is a good point.  Until Volt brought it up, I hadn't thought about negative implications of making the number of dice rolled public.  Faust probably had, though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »

I don't see a big deal with Mail-Mi waiting to roll.  If we kill the troll without him, fine.  If he needs to roll to kill the troll, and he doesn't, or doesn't roll enough dice, then he becomes super scummy.

He's also made himself a good night-kill target with the claim that him having saved dice is going to be helpful later on. 

I'm going to second the motion that we should stop claiming stuff.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »

ooo let me claim next.  I'm a super awesome role that is only relevant on day 8!

8)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2014, 03:18:56 pm »

(In other words, I agree that D1 going "MY ROLE IS GREAT" is bad, mmk?)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.