Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 546542 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:05 am »

Score: 574

Is this a correction or an updated to the post above? Because if it is a correction, I think the first one was correct.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2014, 07:17:19 am »

I rolled well ahead of realizing my supply was depleted. Nice theory though, maybe you can leverage it for my mislynch when I am actually out of dice while you do whatever you please with the ones you stole?

Was your supply depleted before or after your claim?

I do not follow the question. I am assuming my supply was depleted going into D1. When I posted the realization is when I realized it myself. Checking my QT now I see that my new supply number was proved at 4pm D1. I have yet to subscribe to my QT so I am not yet getting alerts to new posts in it. Now that I am looking at it again I see that my supply is now reduced further than the number of dice I rolled today. In fact, in full disclosure, N0 I had 9 dice, starting D1 I had 5 dice. I rolled 3 dice and I have 1 remaining die in my supply.

Knowing my own power I suspect that I am the target of multiple N0 actions with 1 of them likely a Town action. I was extremely tempted to use my power N0 because it might have allowed me an advantage in determining a player's alignment. However, ultimately I could not reconcile wielding it on a likely town player.

I expect my reduced utility to the game at this point to mean I am the easy mislynch.

Did you store a die? Because if you do, one of your supply dice gets discarded.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2014, 07:23:25 am »

Sorry. I know see that 6 wasn't a very good roll. I rolled only a couple dice, but 6 was the highest I had, and I had to play one.
So faust's assumption seems to not be taking a lot of things into account.

Also, how many dice did you roll exactly?

I'm back to vote: Ichimaru for now. The one thing we need to do is discourage bad dice rolls. And I think his reaction to being accused is scummy.
Why should I tell you? What if you have some ability to mess up me somehow? For sure, there are mafia out there, and putting it out there will just give them more information.

What are you afraid of? If you told us how many dice you rolled, we could determine how likely it is that you are telling the truth.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2014, 07:25:37 am »

Maybe it has to do with this being a really different setup, but you seem incredibly assure of your read at a very early stage in the game. We've played a number of games together and you've seen the way I defend myself. Why is it different now?

From where are you taking that I'm "incredibly sure" of my read?

I think you are scum because odds say you are. Your reluctance to cooperate and general lack of contributions other than defending yourself add to that. But of course you could still be town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2014, 07:27:41 am »

This is really what I like about RMM games. I think I can piece together lots of things, but things are still complicated.

BTW, if I claim, I would be able to make myself an IC, but then I'd die and scum would get some information.

Right now, I'm very sure that PPS and faust are both town. I also think ash is town, but I'm not as sure.

Last, perhaps if both PPS and I claim, scum won't be able to kill both ICs in a single night, so we'll have two today and 1 tomorrow. How useful is that?

This is stupid. Now that you said it, you are going to die, so you could as well full claim. Other than that, I think you best stop talking about roles.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:35 am »

I rolled well ahead of realizing my supply was depleted. Nice theory though, maybe you can leverage it for my mislynch when I am actually out of dice while you do whatever you please with the ones you stole?

Was your supply depleted before or after your claim?

I do not follow the question. I am assuming my supply was depleted going into D1. When I posted the realization is when I realized it myself. Checking my QT now I see that my new supply number was proved at 4pm D1. I have yet to subscribe to my QT so I am not yet getting alerts to new posts in it. Now that I am looking at it again I see that my supply is now reduced further than the number of dice I rolled today. In fact, in full disclosure, N0 I had 9 dice, starting D1 I had 5 dice. I rolled 3 dice and I have 1 remaining die in my supply.

Knowing my own power I suspect that I am the target of multiple N0 actions with 1 of them likely a Town action. I was extremely tempted to use my power N0 because it might have allowed me an advantage in determining a player's alignment. However, ultimately I could not reconcile wielding it on a likely town player.

I expect my reduced utility to the game at this point to mean I am the easy mislynch.

Did you store a die? Because if you do, one of your supply dice gets discarded.

Well now I just feel dumb.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2014, 08:12:23 am »

Play: 9

My dice have been rerolled. Probably scum behind that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2014, 08:13:13 am »

Makes me wonder why they didn't target BA, though...

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2014, 08:29:13 am »

Play: 9

My dice have been rerolled. Probably scum behind that.
So that's what it was. At least we got something almost as good.
This is really what I like about RMM games. I think I can piece together lots of things, but things are still complicated.

BTW, if I claim, I would be able to make myself an IC, but then I'd die and scum would get some information.

Right now, I'm very sure that PPS and faust are both town. I also think ash is town, but I'm not as sure.

Last, perhaps if both PPS and I claim, scum won't be able to kill both ICs in a single night, so we'll have two today and 1 tomorrow. How useful is that?

This is stupid. Now that you said it, you are going to die, so you could as well full claim. Other than that, I think you best stop talking about roles.
I don't know if it would be a good idea. This way, scum doesn't know whether my power is worth a kill or not. And okay, I'll stop talking about roles.

After hearing about how many dice most people seem to have, I think it was definitely too hasty to have everyone roll their dice immediately. We need to be able to confront the monsters successfully even later on, and can't end up with nothing.
vote: ashersky

Are we allowed to roll more than once? I think I should probably do that if able.
Probably for WIFOM reasons.

Actually, vote: liopoil for a score that is completely average. What matters is that we beat this and an 8 is quite a bit worse than a higher score for us, because everything's squared.

No, actually, vote: IG for being around right when faust's role got discarded.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2014, 08:40:58 am »

I think I know what alignment someone has based on their role, but I probably shouldn't trust my guess that much.
not only is the quote someone posted saying that roles are independent of alignment a good point, this:
Impossible Investigations
It is never possible for a Town-aligned player to make any of the following investigations:
  • Rolecopping.
  • Tracking or Watching.
  • Investigating the number of dice in another player’s supply, another player’s stored dice, or what another player has discarded.
convinces me further that you don't have anything here. Vote: XP for rolefishing/making vague statements.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:08 am »

Faust, why would scum reroll your dice?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2014, 08:50:59 am »

When we had that power as scum in Dice Mafia I, we used it to get rid of a good roll, I think.

You can also use it on your buddies for WIFOM.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:45 am »

I think I know what alignment someone has based on their role, but I probably shouldn't trust my guess that much.
not only is the quote someone posted saying that roles are independent of alignment a good point, this:
Impossible Investigations
It is never possible for a Town-aligned player to make any of the following investigations:
  • Rolecopping.
  • Tracking or Watching.
  • Investigating the number of dice in another player’s supply, another player’s stored dice, or what another player has discarded.
convinces me further that you don't have anything here. Vote: XP for rolefishing/making vague statements.

I never asked the PR to claim. Also, although I might have messed up at the beginning, I needed to make vague statements so that scum wouldn't know what I was talking about while the person I was trying to talk to would. vote: liopoil for voting me immediately after I voted for him.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2014, 09:01:34 am »

Also, this sort of question is easily replicated by scum, so it's at best a null read for him.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2014, 09:02:33 am »

Also, part of the reason I'm willing to die is that I've lost the game for town every three times I've gotten to LYLO.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

Also, 1 more thing before I have to go: I'm pretty sure the legacy stone just gives us the alignment of people who are lynched.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2014, 09:07:09 am »

faust plays a 9.
Score: 655

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:19 am »

For everyone who has forgotten or didn't read the rules: every time you store a die, you discard a die from you supply.

As a Day 1-only offer, anyone who has stored a die Today may unstore it and undiscard the discarded die.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:14 am »

For everyone who has forgotten or didn't read the rules: every time you store a die, you discard a die from you supply.

As a Day 1-only offer, anyone who has stored a die Today may unstore it and undiscard the discarded die.

So just to clarify, this is in additional to the dice it costs to roll, right?  So if I start with, say, 10 dice, then I roll 3, I have 7?  Now if I play one and store one, I have 6?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:37 am »

Or does only playing/storing deplete from the supply, and rolling does not?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:02 am »

Why BA?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:05 am »

Why BA?

Oh, nevermind, I see the rerolling happened after you previously played a die. 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:22 am »

So just to clarify, this is in additional to the dice it costs to roll, right?  So if I start with, say, 10 dice, then I roll 3, I have 7?  Now if I play one and store one, I have 6?

That is correct.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:22 am »

Maybe it has to do with this being a really different setup, but you seem incredibly assure of your read at a very early stage in the game. We've played a number of games together and you've seen the way I defend myself. Why is it different now?

See, the issue with this defense is that you're very conscious of your meta.  So now you know that defensive!Ichi = town!Ichi so you can just always be very defensive.  It's less of an alignment tell the more that you play.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:48 am »

Yeah, good question. My play was the third highest at the time, with both Xerxes (11) and BA (12) above me. Now Xerxes played after me, so it's possible that they used the Delay mechanic and the choice was made before Xerxes played his die. Still makes little sense not to target BA, considering that (I think) he explicitly stated he only rolled 2 dice.

So I think either BA is scum or scum is trying to frame me.

The time of this reroll is also peculiar. One would think that scum waits until everyone has rolled, so they can use the power to the most effect.

PPE: 3
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 20 queries.