Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 548163 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »

This is interesting. So, it is kind of like D&D meets Mafia.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 06:03:02 pm »

Hmm...So, I am quite curious about this Loyalty Stone

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 06:03:37 pm »

So WW is there anything special about having the loyalty stone?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 06:04:51 pm »

I thought that Jimmm had written up something about stones in the description somewhere, but now I can't find it.  Did I imagine that?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 06:06:57 pm »

So WW is there anything special about having the loyalty stone?
Maybe we shouldn't ask him about it? He already made a post without mentioning anything about it, so I'm not sure he has anything helpful to tell us. Unless it means he's IC of course, which would make sense with loyalty being announced at the start of D1 and all.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:32 pm »

Play: 12

Vote: BoxofDog I honestly have no clue who this is.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:37 pm »

So was there another game like this before?  With the combat mechanic, I mean?  Is there anything that should be gained from that?

There was an RMM game for this that you might review.  One thing to gain from it is that Mafia (I was Mafia that game) have to balance "look Towny" with their rolls, with "don't defeat the monster" (since winning monsters hurt Town/help Mafia).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »

I thought that Jimmm had written up something about stones in the description somewhere, but now I can't find it.  Did I imagine that?
I think you did. I ctrl+F'ed "stone" and got nothing.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »

So was there another game like this before?  With the combat mechanic, I mean?  Is there anything that should be gained from that?

There was an RMM game for this that you might review.  One thing to gain from it is that Mafia (I was Mafia that game) have to balance "look Towny" with their rolls, with "don't defeat the monster" (since winning monsters hurt Town/help Mafia).

Can they lie about their roll?  I think the rules said that isn't allowed.  So in that case would you roll and store multiple rolls and give one that doesn't help too much (but makes it appear like you're trying to)?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »

Sorry.

Witherweaver has the Legacy Stone, not the Loyalty Stone.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2014, 06:11:09 pm »

Beyond Awesome plays a 12.
Score: 225

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »

Can they lie about their roll?  I think the rules said that isn't allowed.  So in that case would you roll and store multiple rolls and give one that doesn't help too much (but makes it appear like you're trying to)?

Exactly.  For example, as Mafia I rolled a 5 and a 2 and tried to play off the two as a single-die roll.

Check your role PMs, everybody.  Mine mentions Legacy and Loyalty stones...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2014, 06:12:02 pm »

No those sound way too familiar... there was something about Legacy Stone and Loyalty Stone before.  Maybe some mechanics were changed and Jimmm removed it?

PPE: Oh, it's in my PM, duh.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2014, 06:12:15 pm »

Exactly.  For example, as Mafia I rolled a 5 and a 2 and tried to play off the two as a single-die roll.

Yeah, so did mine.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2014, 06:14:32 pm »

Yeah, so did mine.
uhh, chairs, IIRC, you played a one

what? I'm expected to read the flavor?!? but Jimmmmm said the flavor is meaningless!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »

Okay so, I think I can just admit this.  My QT says that I hold the Legacy Stone and it has no effect on the game. 

The thing in the PM is all italic, so all flavor, so it shouldn't matter.  I'm guessing the Legacy Stone is just flavor.

The only thing that makes me wonder is that the actual announcement that I have the stone in the first message of the game starting was in regular bold text.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »

Okay so, I think I can just admit this.  My QT says that I hold the Legacy Stone and it has no effect on the game. 

The thing in the PM is all italic, so all flavor, so it shouldn't matter.  I'm guessing the Legacy Stone is just flavor.

The only thing that makes me wonder is that the actual announcement that I have the stone in the first message of the game starting was in regular bold text.

Maybe it does something later on, or grant its holder special abilities later on. I have no clue though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »

Based on the flavor text, the legacy stone gives us our flips, and the loyalty stone finds us some scums. Neither actually matter in terms of playing the game though.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2014, 06:37:48 pm »

Yeah, so did mine.
uhh, chairs, IIRC, you played a one

what? I'm expected to read the flavor?!? but Jimmmmm said the flavor is meaningless!

One, two, the point was that it was a bad roll that I was trying to play off as bad luck.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2014, 06:38:56 pm »

Play: 8

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »

liopoil plays an 8.
Score: 289

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

play: 6

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2014, 07:13:55 pm »

Ichimaru Gin plays a 6.
Score: 325

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

Sorry guys. I haven't read the rules. I will catch up once I get to my destination and will put forward a role soon. I kinda get the mechanics cause I spectated the first game but don't want to do anything stupid by trying to do something before I do understand it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »

Are we supposed to get the results of the roll in the QT?  Like we <b>Roll:</b> and Jimm does it and tells us the result? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.129 seconds with 21 queries.