Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Feature Request: actions, money, etc visible for opponents  (Read 3024 times)

Sprocket

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Feature Request: actions, money, etc visible for opponents
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:44 pm »
+8

I think it would be nice if you could see your opponents' available actions, money and buys on their turn.  As it is now, when they play Envoy, Masquerade, Contraband, etc, you have to look through all the cards they've played to figure it out.

The case where I find this particularly time consuming is when they are playing Envoys in a long action chain and you have to figure out whether you should take away an action or just their best treasure.

Any thoughts?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: actions, money, etc visible for opponents
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:44:28 am »

I think it's a good request. I don't play Isotropic much, so my opinion may mean little, but in real life, I always count out what my opponents have done. When an Envoy is played, we do each other the courtesy of saying, "I have no actions left," or "I still have two Actions." It's going to be counted up anyway, so we might as well save time.

It would facilitate faster play on Isotropic, so I like the suggestion.

A man has no signature

barsooma

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:30:06 pm »

I estimate this has about a zero percent chance of being implemented on isotropic.

It doesn't seem terribly worthwhile to me, but if you really want it I'd contact the Dominion Point Counter author or take a look at his source code, as it shouldn't be to difficult to add to the extension.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:15 pm »

I've played a couple of online games where I suggested we tell the other player our +money amounts and actions when I saw Envoy was on the board. Only once did someone decline. The other times--at least as far as I can tell--my opponents were honest. I don't think there needs to be a button like veto games or same starting hand, but simply agreeing with your opponent beforehand can be a quick, simple solution. If they refuse. Play the game and remember to not play with them in the future.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »

I think it would be nice if you could see your opponents' available actions, money and buys on their turn.  As it is now, when they play Envoy, Masquerade, Contraband, etc, you have to look through all the cards they've played to figure it out.

The case where I find this particularly time consuming is when they are playing Envoys in a long action chain and you have to figure out whether you should take away an action or just their best treasure.

Any thoughts?

I am also pretty sure this has been addressed already, but it would also be nice if Isotropic let players know when an opponent has a stash on top of the deck. This is obvious in real play because of the red back and can influence decisions.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »

I am also pretty sure this has been addressed already, but it would also be nice if Isotropic let players know when an opponent has a stash on top of the deck. This is obvious in real play because of the red back and can influence decisions.

That's already on isotropic, just press the info button and you should be able to see it, there should be yellow icons showing the stashes.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »

That's already on isotropic, just press the info button and you should be able to see it, there should be yellow icons showing the stashes.

Thanks,

I remember somewhere it being addressed, but I guess I never followed up for the conclusion. That will help me a bit.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.289 seconds with 21 queries.