Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 159600 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1075 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:22 pm »

Okay just got a PM, EgorK and XerxesPraelor targeted Witherweaver last night.

Seems plausible. I did have EgorK on my scum radar for sometime. And, brought up his lurkiness on a few occasions.

And ditto for Xerxes. I found him a bit scummy at times. So, are these two a team?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 04, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »

Or, is another possibility SP is making this up. He did claim to watch WW who was a werewolf, and he could be a werewolf watcher. Coincidence?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 04, 2014, 05:14:39 pm »

Okay just got a PM, EgorK and XerxesPraelor targeted Witherweaver last night.

Seems plausible. I did have EgorK on my scum radar for sometime. And, brought up his lurkiness on a few occasions.

And ditto for Xerxes. I found him a bit scummy at times. So, are these two a team?
I found EgorK pretty scummy. However, I am mistrustful of S_P's results. I feel like either Axxle or S_P is scum, probably not both. Axxle has participated quite a bit more, and Voltaire was definitely going to lynch him, so I think we can be sure he's not an Alien at least. However, it's possible (maybe likely) that Voltaire was the only Alien anyway. I think it'd be worth going back and looking at the wagons that were really close to going through and see where these new flips stood.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »

vote: Archetype
I feel confident that he is scum.
What? No. Scum is absolutely within SP, EgorK, XP because of SP's results.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:54 pm »

What I mean to say is that Archetype *might* be scum, but there's definitely scum between those three and that's where we should lynch.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:59 pm »

But how do we know S_P isn't lying?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:44 pm »

Bolded for clarification.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 04, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

Coincidence?

Yes!

I don't see why me watching a werewolf would make me more likely to be a werewolf.

I watched Witherweaver because it seemed like people had relatively extreme opinions on him (either he's definitely scummy or definitely townie), or ambivalent opinions (some stuff he posts looks townie and other stuff looks scummy).  I couldn't decide whether scum would be looking to kill scum or town but in either case I think you want to target someone like Witherweaver.

Actually I was thinking about watching Voltaire again last night, because I thought scum wouldn't think I would watch him twice in a row so he would be a more likely NK target.  Turns out I was right, but I guess I was right about WW being a likely kill target too.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 04, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »

I think I slightly prefer XP claiming before EgorK? Any opinions on that? I'm also ok with them claiming in whatever order.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:34 pm »

Bolded for clarification.
I did miss that originally. However, if S_P is scum and lying, than Archetype is much more likely scum. So it seems like you're assuming S_P to be town in order to defend Archetype here.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 04, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »

If SP is scum and lying he's 100% scum? And Archetype is <100% scum? I don't see your point here.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 04, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »

And how is SP being scum have an effect on what you think Archetype's alignment is?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 04, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

And how is SP being scum have an effect on what you think Archetype's alignment is?
If S_P is lying, than it likely means that he is a werewolf. Furthermore, him being scum means that someone else isn't scum. Him lying about EgorK and XP means that they are more likely town (though of course they could always be mafia or aliens). To me, this would indicate more strongly that Archetype is scum.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 04, 2014, 05:35:32 pm »

If S_P is lying, than it likely means that he is a werewolf. Furthermore, him being scum means that someone else isn't scum. Him lying about EgorK and XP means that they are more likely town (though of course they could always be mafia or aliens). To me, this would indicate more strongly that Archetype is scum.
Actually I really really doubt SP is lying here. There's very little point. I think that SP is telling the truth, may or may not be WW (I'm leaning toward yes), and has caught a different scum in Egor and XP.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 04, 2014, 05:46:15 pm »

So, I do have a question. So, if you are partners, does that mean you both kill as a pair? So, one NK per set of partners, correct?

Anyway, I agree with Axxle. XP should claim and then EgorK. Although, if XP ends up being scum it is very likely that EgorK is also scum. It could also mean that Archetype is scum, in that case. Anyway, Archetype, XP, EgorK, and SP seem to be our likely suspects at this point. For all we know, all of them could be scum.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »

Although, now that I think about. I think it is unlikely all 4 are scum. It does take 4 lynch and 4 scum are dead. That would mean the game started with 8 scum which seems excessive to me. So, I think at least one of these players is innocent.

Anyway, I am going out for the evening and won't be back for a few hours. XP has come off scummy to me in the past, and I think based of SP's results, we should make one of the two claim, so I'm going to vote for XP. If XP is not scum then we know SP was lying, and we can lynch him instead.

Vote: XP

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 04, 2014, 06:02:05 pm »

So, I do have a question. So, if you are partners, does that mean you both kill as a pair? So, one NK per set of partners, correct?

Anyway, I agree with Axxle. XP should claim and then EgorK. Although, if XP ends up being scum it is very likely that EgorK is also scum. It could also mean that Archetype is scum, in that case. Anyway, Archetype, XP, EgorK, and SP seem to be our likely suspects at this point. For all we know, all of them could be scum.
Hell of a game to pick as your first.

Yeah, each scum faction as a kill that one of the members can perform per night. The Aliens have only one kill they can perform per *game*. They can't use their kill and treestump on the same night though, so none of the kills came from aliens so far.

There is no guarantee that any of the factions have more than one member though.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 04, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »

SP is most likely tracker as I targeted WW during night. On the other hand I suspect he is werewolf tracker

Anyway, Vote: XP until his explanation

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 04, 2014, 06:12:51 pm »

SP is most likely tracker as I targeted WW during night. On the other hand I suspect he is werewolf tracker

Anyway, Vote: XP until his explanation
It's watcher (similar but different).

That's L-2, I'd expect you to vote as town or scum though so null there.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 04, 2014, 06:31:13 pm »

Although, now that I think about. I think it is unlikely all 4 are scum. It does take 4 lynch and 4 scum are dead. That would mean the game started with 8 scum which seems excessive to me. So, I think at least one of these players is innocent.

Anyway, I am going out for the evening and won't be back for a few hours. XP has come off scummy to me in the past, and I think based of SP's results, we should make one of the two claim, so I'm going to vote for XP. If XP is not scum then we know SP was lying, and we can lynch him instead.

Just to clarify, only one of the members of a team performs the night kill.  It seems like you are under the impression that all members of the team do the kill, so if EgorK and XP were partners who killed WW, I would see that they both targeted him, but that's NOT the case; I would only see that one of them targeted him (whichever one chose to do the night kill).  So one of them definitely* killed him, and the other one may have attempted to kill him from a different scum faction, or just targeted him with some other PR.  The fact that they both targeted him doesn't make them more likely to be scum partners.

*Edge case: it's possible that they both targeted him with a friendly PR and a third person did a ninja-kill or something, but that's obviously a lot less likely.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 04, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

*Edge case: it's possible that they both targeted him with a friendly PR and a third person did a ninja-kill or something, but that's obviously a lot less likely.
That's impossible in this situation since the only ninja is a werewolf.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »

Just to clarify, only one of the members of a team performs the night kill.  It seems like you are under the impression that all members of the team do the kill, so if EgorK and XP were partners who killed WW, I would see that they both targeted him, but that's NOT the case; I would only see that one of them targeted him (whichever one chose to do the night kill).  So one of them definitely* killed him, and the other one may have attempted to kill him from a different scum faction, or just targeted him with some other PR.  The fact that they both targeted him doesn't make them more likely to be scum partners.

Okay, I did not understand that. I thought that maybe they killed as an entire group. So, its possible that one of them was a town person while the other is scum, or they both could be scum. Either way, my vote on XP stands. There is right now an exceptional chance that he is scum.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 05, 2014, 02:58:35 am »

So, here's who we have:

Ichimaru Gin -- Lover
Beyond Awesome -- Treestumper
scott_pilgrim -- Watcher
Axxle -- 1-shot Governor
EgorK -- ???
XerxesPraelor -- ???
Archetype -- ???

Scum wise, I'm guessing we have 2 Mafia/2 WW/1 SK/1 Alien. So we're looking for 1 Mafia and 1 WW. I'm thinking they're all within EgorK/scott_pilgrim/XP. I'm thinking scott_pilgrim is the WW and then one of XP/EgorK is the Mafia. I'm not sure which one - I need to reread for interactions. I personally would rather lynch scott_pilgrim since him Watching WW pretty much solidifies in my mind that they're partners. Plus his explanation is really weak.

Vote: scott_pilgrim

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 05, 2014, 03:01:43 am »

Anyway, the person I am most curious about is Archetype. His actions prior to lynching ADK seemed a bit weird to me. I mean, maybe, he was just glazing over all the comments. I mean, he did come into the game late, but I did find his voting odd.

PPE
Do you think I'm ADK's partner?

I'm fine with mass claiming. Also, if Scott did watch WW, it's very likely he's a WW (man, that's confusing to write).

PPE: 2

Do Serial Killers have partners? I think that was what ADK was.
I was just making a joke. Serial Killers do not have partners.

Are we going to have the 3 remaining unknowns claim? Jo can still post, right? I'd like him to organizing claiming order if we do do it.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.155 seconds with 20 queries.