Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 159542 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1025 on: June 01, 2014, 10:50:37 am »

Okay, I guess a random vote isn't a good idea. I agree about ADK, so vote: ADK

Is the case on me just that I haven't had anyone suspicious of me yet? That's seems like a pretty weak argument when there are such heavy lurkers and scummy behavior from people like Ichi.

I also don't know why people are treating these weak-ass claims like they're "get-out-of-lynch-free" cards. BA's is totally unverifiable, Ichi's, Axxle, and S_P's are all available for scum, and if part of the point of claiming is to avoid lynching a powerful town role, besides S_P then we've essentially got three named VTs. Scum is going to lie when asked to claim, and all the claims we've had look to me like the things scum would come up with.
I think we should ask BA to stump himself tomorrow or the day after if he hasn't died by then. At worst, we'll get an IC who can't vote. I bet people other than me also are fine lynching Axxle through his claim, too, so no, the claims are not get-out-of-jail free cards.

I have nothing against this. I'm ready to stump myself whenever the majority of players feel I should.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 01, 2014, 03:35:26 pm »

That's L-2, I believe.

I think it's L-1, actually.

If I'm really going down, I might as well try to analyze my own wagon. There's a good chance scum will outnumber town tomorrow, but as long as whatever separate scum teams there are focus on eliminating each other we still have a chance. I see Ichi and BA's votes on me as largely self-defensive, Ichi in particular is very OMGUS-y; I was one of his strongest town reads until I started expressing suspicion of him. XP also came out of the woodwork to vote for me, I would be very suspicious of him going forward. I can kind of understand Voltaire voting for me out of convenience, especially so close to the deadline, but I also see him being weirdly protective of players that I don't find towny at all (Ichi, Nik). Maybe we just disagree but I obviously can't be sure.

Lurkers be lurking here, and although my post count isn't the highest I've been here the whole time. I really think that people need to reconsider how they're treating the claims that have been made. I think that we would be justified in lynching practically any of the claimees, and if anyone is willing to listen to me, I'm ready to use my vote for that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

That's L-2, I believe.

I think it's L-1, actually.

If I'm really going down, I might as well try to analyze my own wagon. There's a good chance scum will outnumber town tomorrow, but as long as whatever separate scum teams there are focus on eliminating each other we still have a chance. I see Ichi and BA's votes on me as largely self-defensive, Ichi in particular is very OMGUS-y; I was one of his strongest town reads until I started expressing suspicion of him. XP also came out of the woodwork to vote for me, I would be very suspicious of him going forward. I can kind of understand Voltaire voting for me out of convenience, especially so close to the deadline, but I also see him being weirdly protective of players that I don't find towny at all (Ichi, Nik). Maybe we just disagree but I obviously can't be sure.

Lurkers be lurking here, and although my post count isn't the highest I've been here the whole time. I really think that people need to reconsider how they're treating the claims that have been made. I think that we would be justified in lynching practically any of the claimees, and if anyone is willing to listen to me, I'm ready to use my vote for that.
This is demonstrably untrue. Far before you voted for me, I voiced my suspicion of you both for your behavior and the lack of suspicion on you. And I don't recall saying much about my reads on you in general, given how you have avoided attention pretty much this whole game.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 01, 2014, 04:23:10 pm »

Aside from ADK, the rest of the people on my wagon are all mildly scummy to me.

Town reads on: XP, Beyond Awesome, ADK

Town read on ADK; from his behavior D1 and now, I feel pretty sure that he's town.

This gives me more of a town-read on ADK I think

As for the lack of suspicion on me, it's not like I haven't been present and posting and interacting with people. Lack of attention and lack of negative attention aren't the same thing. Sorry for not being scummier I guess?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »

I still need to think and do some targeted reread, but for now:

Town reads on WV, Volt, BA, scott
Scum reads on ADK, Ichi
Null on everyone else. Had scum reads on Nik, but Volt is rather convincing

After reread I am likely would intent to hammer ADK (unless my reread would dissuade me)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 01, 2014, 04:33:13 pm »

Town reads on: XP, Beyond Awesome, ADK

Town read on ADK; from his behavior D1 and now, I feel pretty sure that he's town.

This gives me more of a town-read on ADK I think

As for the lack of suspicion on me, it's not like I haven't been present and posting and interacting with people. Lack of attention and lack of negative attention aren't the same thing. Sorry for not being scummier I guess?
No, you're right that I did find you townie earlier. You can see from the dates on the posts though that that was well before you decided to vote for me. I am not as sure about your wagon as I was before though...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 01, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

Had scum reads on Nik, but Volt is rather convincing

How so?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 01, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »

Vote: Ichimaru

Note the dates.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 01, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »

Note the dates.
Ha. That must have been a different time that you voted for me. Not the most recent one after I had already found you scummy.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 01, 2014, 05:05:09 pm »

vote: gin
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 01, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

Vote: Axxle

I feel like he's flying under the radar. He sort of disappeared after Governing his own lynch, which isn't how I feel a town Governor would play it. Town Governor would get more involved after that. Scum Governor would lie low and hope that the momentum required to get his lynch going again would be enough to stop it from actually happening.

RE: people who are actually posting- I would be okay lynching BA. I also didn't consider the possibility, I think pointed out by WW, that Ichi is a scum lover and is telling the truth that he doesn't have partners. That's the perfect claiming situation for scum, since they know they won't be counterclaimed, and provides the perfect fallback, which would allow him to put himself out there as much as he has this game. So I think I would be okay going back to an Ichi lynch too.
As an observation. I think it's worth noting that ADK has gotten almost zero suspicion and has avoided attention almost entirely. I don't get a particularly scummy feeling from him, but I felt the same in HoC when he was scum. I didn't actually know the rules about lovers, but now I understand them I think.

That's what makes it an interesting role if you actually have partners, because your fellow lover(s) could be of different alignments right?
I'm also a little unsure why Nik is completely off the table because Volt says so.  Nik has been nothing to indicate his towniness except do things that don't make sense, and that point is only convincing to Volt.   I'm still far from convinced of Volt's towniness here, but I've lost my gusto for it.  And besides, Volt is an active and good player, so it's not worth taking the risk right now

This, except that I don't think that's it's not worth the risk. I would be behind a Nik lynch.

I'm also not sure why people are no longer considering Ichi. The more I think about it, the more a Lover claim seems completely suspicious. If he is a scum lover (or even has a scum lover on his team), then he would know ahead of time that the claim was completely safe. We also know that one of the scum teams where lover is possible (aliens) is in the game.

As for the case against me, I'm not sure what I can say against an argument based around how people are reacting to me rather than anything I've actually posted.
Note the dates on these.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 01, 2014, 05:09:26 pm »

Ha. I missed Axxle's vote.
So I distinctly mentioned that I found you scummy, referencing a post where you were voting for Axxle. And this is before you voted for me last time. I did not have a townread on you for at least 2 days before you voted for me this last time.

Axxle had unvoted me with no explanation and then revotes me once again with zero explanation = scum.

I want to lynch either Axxle or ADK today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 01, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »

lynch: everyone

Seriously, I'll vote for whoever has more votes.

vote: ADK right now, unless I'm off.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 01, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »

Speaking of which, could we get a vote count?
cause I don't have a very good idea of where things stand right now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »

Yeah, reading through just now*, I'm worried I may have hammered.

*not that worried, probably would have wanted to lynch through his claim, but it also seems like he might not have anyway and his most recent post wasn't convincing. He said I defended/deflected from IG and that's not true, I wanted to lynch IG and then he claimed.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 01, 2014, 07:14:58 pm »

*not that worried, probably would have wanted to lynch through his claim, but it also seems like he might not have anyway and his most recent post wasn't convincing. He said I defended/deflected from IG and that's not true, I wanted to lynch IG and then he claimed.

You would've hammered, but you already voted for ADK

Meanwhile, I have intent to hammer ADK. Claim?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 01, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »

Oh, I was on ADK? Thought I was still on axxle. Ah well.

Fine with ADK being hammered whenever, I'm not unvoting from his claim unless it's instantly provable.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 01, 2014, 07:21:17 pm »

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Vote Count 2.8

Beyond Awesome (1): Archetype
Ichimaru Gin (2): A Drowned Kernel, Axxle
EgorK (1): Nik
Axxle (1): scott_pilgrim
A Drowned Kernel (5): XerxesPraelor, Witherweaver, Voltaire, Ichimaru Gin, Beyond Awesome

Not Voting (1): EgorK,

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on Monday June 2 at 9:30 PM FT. Please note: mail-mi will be going to Spain around the 4th or 5th. AndrewisFTTW will be the official mod from then until about June 15th or 16th.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:28:52 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 01, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

Vote count for ADK says 4 but lists 5 people voting.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 01, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »

Vote count for ADK says 4 but lists 5 people voting.
thank you
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 01, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 01, 2014, 10:58:44 pm »

Is the case on me just that I haven't had anyone suspicious of me yet? That's seems like a pretty weak argument when there are such heavy lurkers and scummy behavior from people like Ichi.

I also don't know why people are treating these weak-ass claims like they're "get-out-of-lynch-free" cards. BA's is totally unverifiable, Ichi's, Axxle, and S_P's are all available for scum, and if part of the point of claiming is to avoid lynching a powerful town role, besides S_P then we've essentially got three named VTs. Scum is going to lie when asked to claim, and all the claims we've had look to me like the things scum would come up with.
I think we should ask BA to stump himself tomorrow or the day after if he hasn't died by then. At worst, we'll get an IC who can't vote. I bet people other than me also are fine lynching Axxle through his claim, too, so no, the claims are not get-out-of-jail free cards.

I have nothing against this. I'm ready to stump myself whenever the majority of players feel I should.
Hm. This reads really towny. It's also fairly variable, and we can vote on him stumping himself later.

Vote: Ichimaru Gin

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:20 pm »

Hm. This reads really towny. It's also fairly variable, and we can vote on him stumping himself later.

You've been 100% silent about my claim. Any reasons for voting me now?
Just that you now find BA townier than before?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 01, 2014, 11:22:58 pm »

You've been 100% silent about my claim. Any reasons for voting me now?
Just that you now find BA townier than before?
You claimed? Rereading....

Oh! Chapel! :-[ I have no idea why I missed that, sorry! I find it towny. Pretty safe fakeclaim, but sort of risky. I'm willing to take you off the table for now.

Vote: scott_pilgrim

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 02, 2014, 12:21:54 am »

You would've hammered, but you already voted for ADK

Meanwhile, I have intent to hammer ADK. Claim?

Yes, ADK, are you going to claim?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.409 seconds with 20 queries.