Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where to Stash that Stash  (Read 833 times)

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
Where to Stash that Stash
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:22:36 am »

I enjoy some simple games every once in a while. All the little tactical decisions you make throughout the game add up over over a lot of games even if the outcome of one particular game is "mostly luck." Here's one that was essentially just a Jack of all Trades money game. I got one Market Square and one Stash, and sangatsu got two Stashes.

Code: [Select]
Herbalist, Market Square, Bridge, Bureaucrat, Caravan, JackOfAllTrades, Marauder, Mine, Stash, Tribute

On the shuffle, Stash can be used to guarantee you enough money in your first hand or placed into the next hand. With the chance of drawing Jack in the first hand, this can be a good thing because it gives you the option to draw the Stash into hand if you need it. I do this on turns 4 and 6. Note I should have placed the Stash a little more carefully on turn 4 (one card further down) in order to use Jack's spying ability (if I draw Jack in hand). 

sangatsu on turn 6 and I on turn 8 place the stashes further down in the deck in order to chance a better draw now. Why guarantee $7 when you can take a chance to get $8?

On turn 10, I get triple collision, but that's not so bad. Trash a Jack and discard a Market Square for a Gold. I wanted to play Double Jack, but the way my draws worked out, my deck obviously didn't.

Thanks for the quick game, sangatsu!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.