Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246964 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 4 Underway!)
« Reply #1150 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Archetype, how is not being suspected a scumtell? EFHW wasn't suspected, is she scum?
EFHW is an IC...
That's my point. Being "too town" is not a scumtell.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 03, 2014, 06:02:01 pm »

Archetype, how is not being suspected a scumtell? EFHW wasn't suspected, is she scum?
Mafia are aware of one another and so don't (generally) throw suspicion on one another. They want to throw suspicion onto Town so that they can be lynched. You coming under very little suspicion isn't the whole reason for my vote on you - some POE to you/mail-mi, the WW vote, that, and going after mail-mi all contribute.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 3 Underway!)
« Reply #1152 on: June 03, 2014, 07:19:38 pm »

I think he's had plenty of time to post. Feel free to hammer

I don't get it.  That's 1 vote on Arch?
I don't think this interaction comes from scumbuddies.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 03, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »

Why would I not switch to Andrew at the end of Day 3 if I was scum?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 03, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »

Mafia are aware of one another and so don't (generally) throw suspicion on one another. They want to throw suspicion onto Town so that they can be lynched. You coming under very little suspicion isn't the whole reason for my vote on you - some POE to you/mail-mi, the WW vote, that, and going after mail-mi all contribute.
Also you say PoE.  Why isn't Andrew, faust, or DD mafia? I know I have non-mafia reads on some of these but I want to hear your reasons.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:03 am »

I disagree.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:28 am »

Why would you not switch to Andrew at the end of Day 3 if you were town?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:02 am »

Why would you not switch to Andrew at the end of Day 3 if you were town?
Because I trusted someone to switch to mailmi

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 04, 2014, 04:55:58 am »

Ok, I see what you mean. Not sure what I would have done as scum there.

We have about 60 hours left, keep an eye on the deadline, other peoples!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 04, 2014, 07:11:53 am »

Andrew, if you change your vote to Archetype, then we can have Archetype investigate mail-mi tonight. That would be kind of nice.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 04, 2014, 10:27:56 am »

Maybe? In which case we should be looking for sk type behavior. But I think we should worry about that after there's only one kill tonight.

Where have you guys been?  I and others have been talking about a 2nd faction for awhile now.  It's been clear from the start of the day that the two main wagons - Andrew and mail-mi - could not be partners for WW and Teproc.  True, 2 kills tonight would tell us there was a 3rd child and probable SK, but it is hardly news that a second faction is just as likely.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 04, 2014, 10:32:16 am »

The question is why they didn't kill EFHW who's actually around. I don't think Andrew would do this, EFHW has a big scumread on him. mail-mi probably would take the risk, EFHW only voted for him as a last resort and has called him town for a long time. She also felt DD was town or at least wasn't feeling his wagon.

This along with everything else just screams mail-mi.

They probably didn't kill me b/c they assumed I was more likely to be protected, since, like you say, I am around.

This doesn't scream mail-mi at all.  I don't know if you are scum, but I think I will not oppose your wagon.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:02 am »

If he was your partner, for example.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:32 am »

Why not?  It's not like you would have let WW know your intention ahead of time.  This could easily come from scumbuddies.  Your posts seem very self-serving.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 04, 2014, 10:47:22 am »

mail-mi: He had a short vote on WW for no good reason, but nothing really became of this. I thought of it in the same boat as Teproc vote on WW. Then I saw Teproc's read on mail-mi and it was "slight scum" just like he had on WW. I was getting more convinced until I went back and reread Teproc's and WW's wagon on mail-mi and realized how close it got to lynching him and it only didn't because.... ADk... and Andrew switched. I don't think Teproc and WW would have risked this, even if they were trying to construct aggression and suspicion on each other so people didn't think they were partners.

That leaves me with only a SK read on him, but I feel much more towny after rereading D1. Unvote.

AndrewisFTTW: I saw that Teproc had a fight with Andrew that was pretty lengthy. This is very different than the interactions Teproc was having with WW. It gave me a very town read because this fight actually felt real and it didn't go away, at nausia. This fight, I thought, was really similar to the fight between ADK and WW in D1 regarding WW's fake slip in the QT. It gave me a bit more of a town read on Andrew.

Just to be clear, you now agree that mail-mi is unlikely to be mafia.

We have already determined that Andrew is also not mafia.  So his interactions with WW and Teproc are not relevant.  He could still be SK or another faction, and the fact that he had an argument with mafia doesn't say anything about towniness.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:48 am »

EFHW is an IC...
That's my point. Being "too town" is not a scumtell.

Being confirmed town rules out scumtells.  My not being suspected is not the same thing as you not being suspected.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 04, 2014, 10:52:12 am »

ANYONE WHO QUICKHAMMERS ME FOLLOWING THIS POST IS SCUM.

Ok. I'm thinking about claiming. Should I, EFHW? It may clear up a few things.
I should probably also say claiming this limits it's usefulness by a bit.

Vote:mail-mi btw.

yes, claim.  I think we are ready for some clearing up.
I'm a X-shot Timid Sensor. Each night, as long as someone was lynched the previous day, I can ask one of two questions to ashersky: "Were there scum on the wagon?"/"Were there scum off the wagon?". He'll reply with a yes/no answer. I will not be claiming how many shots I possess.

Pretty weak at actually finding scum. Especially in a game this large. So once the ICs were named, instead, I decided to try and use it to clear people. I'd try to end the day with my votes wherever

N1: did nothing. I didn't plan on doing anything either since I was likely to get a "yes" answer and 1 guaranteed scum out of 7 really means nothing .
N2: I used my power. That's why my vote is weird here. However, ashersky informed me that I had missed the submission deadline. Which really, really, really sucks. Like, potentially-game-losing sucks.
N3: no one got lynched. If EFHW voted for mail-mi or voted for Andrew, I'd use my power wherever there was 2 guaranteed Town (me/EFHW or chairs/EFHW). That's another reason why I didn't want to move to Andrew.

That's also why why reads list is so weird and weak. I was hoping to use my power to get some concrete evidence. It's also why I'm so frustrated that I'm about to be lynched without getting to use my power AND dropping the ball night 2.

Why would your vote have an effect on your power?  Can you only ask about the wagon you were on?  Also, by my records you didn't vote Day 2.  Did I miss something?

Still would like answers to these questions.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 04, 2014, 12:43:56 pm »

Maybe? In which case we should be looking for sk type behavior. But I think we should worry about that after there's only one kill tonight.

Where have you guys been?  I and others have been talking about a 2nd faction for awhile now.  It's been clear from the start of the day that the two main wagons - Andrew and mail-mi - could not be partners for WW and Teproc.  True, 2 kills tonight would tell us there was a 3rd child and probable SK, but it is hardly news that a second faction is just as likely.
I have asked you why mailmi can't be a partner and you have not said.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 04, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »

Why not?  It's not like you would have let WW know your intention ahead of time.  This could easily come from scumbuddies.  Your posts seem very self-serving.
You mean these recent ones? Yeah, I'm at l1!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 04, 2014, 12:48:31 pm »

Sorry I've been absent but I've been running around everywhere the past couple days and today is just as crazy. I think I can catch up late tonight.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 04, 2014, 01:00:59 pm »

I have asked you why mailmi can't be a partner and you have not said.

We had this discussion.  Remember I said Teproc could have short-circuited the mail-mi wagon by simply bringing up the prize issue, and you said "hm" and unvoted?  It also seemed clear to me that Teproc was equally happy for either mail-mi or joth to be lynched.  Teproc's voting that day went like this:  WW, joth,  unvote, joth, mail-mi L1, joth L-1.  He could have very credibly have said he thought joth was scum and stayed off the mail-mi wagon altogether, and instead he put him to L-1.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 04, 2014, 01:45:46 pm »

ANYONE WHO QUICKHAMMERS ME FOLLOWING THIS POST IS SCUM.

Ok. I'm thinking about claiming. Should I, EFHW? It may clear up a few things.
I should probably also say claiming this limits it's usefulness by a bit.

Vote:mail-mi btw.

yes, claim.  I think we are ready for some clearing up.
I'm a X-shot Timid Sensor. Each night, as long as someone was lynched the previous day, I can ask one of two questions to ashersky: "Were there scum on the wagon?"/"Were there scum off the wagon?". He'll reply with a yes/no answer. I will not be claiming how many shots I possess.

Pretty weak at actually finding scum. Especially in a game this large. So once the ICs were named, instead, I decided to try and use it to clear people. I'd try to end the day with my votes wherever

N1: did nothing. I didn't plan on doing anything either since I was likely to get a "yes" answer and 1 guaranteed scum out of 7 really means nothing .
N2: I used my power. That's why my vote is weird here. However, ashersky informed me that I had missed the submission deadline. Which really, really, really sucks. Like, potentially-game-losing sucks.
N3: no one got lynched. If EFHW voted for mail-mi or voted for Andrew, I'd use my power wherever there was 2 guaranteed Town (me/EFHW or chairs/EFHW). That's another reason why I didn't want to move to Andrew.

That's also why why reads list is so weird and weak. I was hoping to use my power to get some concrete evidence. It's also why I'm so frustrated that I'm about to be lynched without getting to use my power AND dropping the ball night 2.

Why would your vote have an effect on your power?  Can you only ask about the wagon you were on?  Also, by my records you didn't vote Day 2.  Did I miss something?

Still would like answers to these questions.
Sorry, missed these.

- my vote has an effect on my power because whichever group I'm apart of has one more guaranteed Town in it. If I'm trying to clear people, I have to put my vote into the investigated group to narrow down who is scum out of the group if I get a Mafia result.
- I can ask about any wagon as long as it took place the previous day
- you're right, I didn't vote D2. Mostly because when I got online, there were already a bunch of votes on Teproc, you and chairs were off, and then he self hammered.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 04, 2014, 01:47:42 pm »

Also you say PoE.  Why isn't Andrew, faust, or DD mafia? I know I have non-mafia reads on some of these but I want to hear your reasons.
I have a non-Mafia read on Andrew and Faust and a Town read on DD. DD for some stuff in our house + some other previously stated stuff. Andrew and Faust could be SK, but you could be SK or Mafia. I think mafia, but SK isn't bad either.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:00 pm »

I have a non-Mafia read on Andrew and Faust and a Town read on DD. DD for some stuff in our house + some other previously stated stuff. Andrew and Faust could be SK, but you could be SK or Mafia. I think mafia, but SK isn't bad either.
I want to hear your reasons

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 04, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »

Vote Count 4.6:

Andrew (2):  mail-mi, EFHW
DD (1): Andrew
Axxle (3):  archetype, faust, DD
mail-mi (1):  Axxle

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 ends on June 6 at 7:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.