Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246946 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 3 Underway!)
« Reply #800 on: May 21, 2014, 04:53:48 am »

Considering wagons, I don't like the WW wagon much because of the people that are on it, and because it seems a "convenient" lynch. I don't like a mail-mi lynch because that's just too easy, and such an easy mislynch, even though I trust the players voting for him more. So I'll start my own wagon.

Vote: DeDe

His turnaround is really strange and weakly explained. Just rereading never got me from turning a "definite" townread into a "definite" scumread.

Does this (using "mislynch") imply that you think Mail-Mi is town?

No, I'm null on mail-mi. Just think that it's an easy wagon to push, and if scum wants to create a wagon, they might resort to mail-mi.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 21, 2014, 07:29:20 am »

That said, mail-mi's exchange with Axxle leaves me with a townier feeling on mail-mi.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:12 am »

Sorry about the V/LA guys, I'll catch up ASAP but can't do so at work.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 21, 2014, 10:50:06 am »

Considering wagons, I don't like the WW wagon much because of the people that are on it, and because it seems a "convenient" lynch. I don't like a mail-mi lynch because that's just too easy, and such an easy mislynch, even though I trust the players voting for him more. So I'll start my own wagon.

His turnaround is really strange and weakly explained. Just rereading never got me from turning a "definite" townread into a "definite" scumread.

No, I'm null on mail-mi. Just think that it's an easy wagon to push, and if scum wants to create a wagon, they might resort to mail-mi.

I agree that mail-mi would be chosen as a mislynch target b/c of how he plays, and this leads me to look at Axxle and Andrew and WW, who are the ones on his wagon and who have all posted arguing against mail-mi since I said I saw him as town.  They are my lynch pool for today. 

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:17 am »

I agree that mail-mi would be chosen as a mislynch target b/c of how he plays, and this leads me to look at Axxle and Andrew and WW, who are the ones on his wagon and who have all posted arguing against mail-mi since I said I saw him as town.  They are my lynch pool for today.

Actually I'm not on mail-mi's wagon and neither is Axxle anymore. But anyway you guys can say mail-mi has been mislynched a lot but that doesn't mean anything to me this game. I'm looking at how he's acting THIS game for my read on him and to me, it's suspicious. And I'm sure we've all been mislynched more than once so I don't see how that argument has any sway.

But I'd much rather lynch DD today. What do you guys think of him?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 21, 2014, 11:26:20 am »

sorry, I misread my notes.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 21, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

I wouldn't normally vote this early as IC, but I think we will definitely need time to make the right decision, and I think mail-mi is a mislynch, and maybe DD as well. 

Vote: Andrew.  I feel his was the scummiest response to Robz's revelation, and he has received almost no scrutiny.

We need town to be active Today, even if that's not your normal inclination!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 21, 2014, 11:43:40 am »

I don't think I get a scum feeling from Andrew at all.  If anything I'm slight town.  Do you see things other than his response to Robz?

Question to Andrew/other people voting DeDe: Why do you think he's been after Faust so much?  I believe he tried to make an argument before today, and the only other person to seriously suspect Faust that I can remember was Yuma in twilight of Day 1.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 21, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »

You mean DD? I didn't realize he was suspecting Faust, maybe because DD is just lurking so much. I'll reread again but lurking is another strike for DD. The way it looks to me is new scum not really sure what to post, but when he does post it's empty and lacking.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 21, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »

You mean DD? I didn't realize he was suspecting Faust, maybe because DD is just lurking so much. I'll reread again but lurking is another strike for DD. The way it looks to me is new scum not really sure what to post, but when he does post it's empty and lacking.

Hm, he opened today with voting Faust, and I'm sure he brought it up before.  I'll try to find it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 21, 2014, 12:15:29 pm »

Ah, it was his first big read post back on Day 1: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10846.msg376670#msg376670

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 21, 2014, 01:33:37 pm »

WW can you give yourself a Goko username?  That would make it much easier to search for just your posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 21, 2014, 01:36:30 pm »

WW can you give yourself a Goko username?  That would make it much easier to search for just your posts.

Done.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 21, 2014, 01:55:44 pm »

I really doubt scum would copy their partner like this:
yuma - Town-y. I think the claim was an interesting thing, and not the smartest if he was being honest, but not counterproductive for town. I'm afraid of a scum NK but ADK pointed out they'll hit ICs first.

What did yuma claim?

Sigh...

Day Vigilante.
yuma - Town-y. I think the claim was an interesting thing, and not the smartest if he was being honest, but not counterproductive for town. I'm afraid of a scum NK but ADK pointed out they'll hit ICs first.

What did yuma claim?

I also don't think that he would unvote joth, while still strongly saying he'd revote, while also not being around to make sure the mislynch happens at the end of the day. I don't see any scum motivation there.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 21, 2014, 02:22:34 pm »

Alright so everybody disagrees with me. I can respect that.

unvote

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 21, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

Hey guys sorry I'm gone. Will try to post something responding to everybody tonight. It's my anniversary with my girlfriend so we'll gone until Friday, but I'll try to do something substantial tonight.

Quick thoughts,

I don't know really what to say about the wagon on me. the arguments are all subjective and saying my post seem forced. I disagree, but that's moot. I'll post more in my defense later, but right now that's what I can say quickly.

As for votes on Andrew: I don't think he's scum at all. He's been constructive, trying to lead new thoughts and arguments and is set in his opinions. He thinks I'm scum, that's whatever, I'm not, but he's definitely being a good town. I don't think I'll vote on him today. I definitely feel he's town.

I still think Faust is scum, the lurking and empty posts are bad too, but I don't think I'd win a wagon here. He's my number one choice for a lunch.

WW: I still think he's scum, but less so than Faust. His posts after I call him out read townie to me, but I think the evidence for the beginning of the game is, I think, large. He'd be my second choice.

Mail-mi - still leaning scum, but possibly SK. He's playing weird, has been lurky, and hasn't made much of a contribution (which is a bit hypocritical for me today, but still.)

I'll have more thoughts tonight. I need to go do errands

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 21, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »

Vote Count 3.6:

WW (1):  DD
mail-mi (2):  WW, Archetype
DD (2):  faust, mail-mi
Andrew (1):  EFHW

Not Voting (3):  chairs, Axxle, Andrew

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on May 26 at 7:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:44 pm »

@Axxle.  I still don't understand the reasoning behind choosing not to try for the lynchproof.  You had no control over the other houses, so you could assume that one of them would get the prize and then they would have control over it instead of you.  If you could have coordinated with all the houses not to try for it, it could make sense.  But just one house deciding not to seems counterproductive.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 21, 2014, 10:36:58 pm »

@Axxle.  I still don't understand the reasoning behind choosing not to try for the lynchproof.  You had no control over the other houses, so you could assume that one of them would get the prize and then they would have control over it instead of you.  If you could have coordinated with all the houses not to try for it, it could make sense.  But just one house deciding not to seems counterproductive.

If no one wins the prize it's pro town. If I win the prize, that means someone has won the prize rather than no one. It's a tautology. I don't understand how our group deciding not to go for it is counterproductive.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 21, 2014, 10:37:53 pm »

Scum seems squarely in mailmi/faust/Ww/Archetype to me.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »

I don't have the time I thought I would tonight, but I promised to add more, so here:

I think Faust is scum. I've explained before, but his nature in this game is just like when he stayed in the back in HoC and he was scum. I've watched him in other games. Sure, I've only been in three games with him, but he stinks of scum in his post. He's absent, not super constructive, and just hiding in the background it feels. Just like when he's been scum before. I'd be most happy to lynch him, but I don't think that's going to happen, which is why I'm staying on WW.

Of whom, I think the interaction with Teproc is important. They both have "slight scum" reads on each other, which allows them to pivot and say, "Nope! I said they're scummy!?! I can't be scum." Teproc's help on the wagon on WW and then abandoning it is also pressing for me. It seems like something scum partners would construct to make themselves seem more townie after one of the others got lynched or killed. I'd be okay with this lynch, and I think it could happen, and so my vote stays here.

For mail-mi, I think he's scummish. His behavior makes him an easy lynch target and people have jumped on it, but then again, there are reasons his behavior is an easy lynch target: because he's actually scum. Then again, I'm not sure here. Perhaps his post and general lurkiness are because he's not scum, but the SK, and that's why scum was okay with pushing a mail-mi lynch in D1 (thus he's not scum), but he is still acting odd and lurky and absent because he's a SK. Just a thought, I'm not saying he is this. I just think it's a possibility and wanted to map my thoughts. Anyone in my frat who watched me during the google game knows I think like this haha. I'd be okay with a mail-mi lynch, but only as my third choice and with caution.

On my wagon: I don't really get it. It relies on my posts being "forced" and the town read I had on teproc. The first is super subjective, and not thoroughly aggreed on (see WW's defense having been in 3 games with him now.) The read on teproc was wrong. I'm sorry. I don't think smart scum would put such clear reads on there partners. That seems silly for scum to do.

We still have five days, so let's not rush into lynching somebody. We want to make more paths of questioning to analyze in the important D4.

Which makes me ask, what do people think of:

1. Axxle? I think clearly very town, but that's me. If someone even has suspicions, ask questions so we have more to analyze.

2. Arch? He's been really lurky and I don't have much to analyze on him. His absent makes me suspicious... I don't have much of a read on his earlier posts at that. I'm really null. I'd love people to add so we can analyze.

Now, I'm going to go drink champagne with the GF and then we're celebrating our anniversary tomorrow all day and I'll be gone. I'll probably be back Friday evening at some point (Hopefully, I have a friends birthday that night too.)
Have fun!
FIND SCUM!

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:05 pm »

Oh one last thought, ADK's push for a mail-mi lynch would defend the idea he's the SK, possible. Someone brought this up earlier this day. Just forgot to add that to my mail-mi section.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 21, 2014, 11:56:23 pm »

If no one wins the prize it's pro town. If I win the prize, that means someone has won the prize rather than no one. It's a tautology. I don't understand how our group deciding not to go for it is counterproductive.

Because you couldn't guarantee that no one would win the prize, only that your house wouldn't.  Also, if you are town, your having the prize would be pro-town and preferable to no one having the prize.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 21, 2014, 11:57:43 pm »

I actually like DD's post here. I have no idea what scum!faust is like but he was buddying with Teproc D1 and has avoided suspicion all game. Arch has been the same way.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2014, 12:06:57 am »

both mail-mi and Archetype are unreadable - one b/c he is always scummy, the other because he rarely posts.  I have some reason to think mail-mi is town, as I said before.  I wouldn't oppose an Archetype lynch based on what we have seen so far.

I agree that Andrew seems very towny for most of the game.  It is his two posts after Robz's report that seem scummy to me.  For reference:

"Andrew:   [Post 1]  Oh hey! So Teproc is scum? I noticed his posts were overly aggressive D1. I need to catch up but after that I'll probably put Teproc at L-1.
       [Post 2]  Yeah I've been getting vibes from mail-mi. And not the good kind. Funny how Teproc and I haven't agreed on anything and you [ADK] and I have agreed on (mostly) everything."

The "Teproc is scum?" sounds artificial.  He refers to his earlier suspicion, and says he and Teproc disagreed throughout the game, which was Teproc's line earlier and therefore sounds like a distancing strategy.  He talks about "vibes" re: mail-mi with no specifics, and he seems to be buddying with ADK.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.