Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]  All

Author Topic: RMM15: Innovation II - TOWN WINS!  (Read 172276 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - TOWN WINS!
« Reply #1225 on: June 14, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »

This what was I posted in Mafia QT and redacted, by the way:

Well I agree that it wasn't entirely the setup.. I think once we made a bad choice, our options became very limited, and once we made a couple more mistakes, it was basically game over.

One thought: Daychat for Mafia in this setup might be really valuable.. to organize things like claims as they happen.

Also, while I'm posting here, sorry about the way the last day went, Faust. Once Voltaire claimed he had a result and asked everyone to claim, I felt pretty cornered. I was pretty sure he had Watched Sudgy. So I had to admit to targeting him. I could have said nothing, but I was pretty sure people would pick up on that, since I'm usually a very active poster.. I waited a while, but I didn't feel I could wait more.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 14, 2014, 09:06:57 pm »

So yeah, the funny thing was that it was Voltaire that caught me (along with me making a bad choice).

We knew that if anyone tracked us, we were dead in the water.  So I did the potato, and the priming with no stealth, as I wasn't likely to be a tracking target.  But if anyone Watched Sudgy, I'd be screwed.  So when Voltaire came out saying that he has an investigation result and wants everyone to claim, I don't know if he Watched or Targeted, but I had a feeling he knew people had targeted Sudgy.  So I felt that I had to admit it.  And the only thing that made any sense was the dumb story I came up with.  (Since there was an announcement that you would be informed when you had protection, I couldn't claim to have protected.)

FYI, I had sent the bomb to Sudgy and Primed Xeiron.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 14, 2014, 09:09:03 pm »

Volt, clearly we can't read each other at all.

It's really hard to do when you're posting that you're scum and I'm your partner.  ???

Of course I must tip my cap that you were right about faust.

What was with your final post at the end of the day? Were you trying to draw a night action or something?

I was just incredibly frustrated with the way the day was going, and I felt Xeiron was leading everyone off a cliff like so many lemmings.  I preferred to be lynched to hopefully stop that from happening.

Xeiron wasn't completely correct, but I feel the way he was going about thing was the right method.  Even if his conclusion about you was wrong, your alignment flipping would have let him correct, I think.  I believe with this game item tracking is the way to go.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 14, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »

I am amazed to learn that I basically tripped and fell and somehow managed to still hit my target in the process. The one I wasn't even aiming at.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 14, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

I am amazed to learn that I basically tripped and fell and somehow managed to still hit my target in the process. The one I wasn't even aiming at.

The funnier part was that everyone was talking about how your claim didn't give any info and thought you were scummy for it, when really it prompted me to hang myself.

I probably should have said nothing, though.. but it would look really bad for me to just shut up all of the sudden.. and I could have claimed to target no one, but that seemed like just as equal a risk, except that I had no chance of wriggling out of that claim if I was countered.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 14, 2014, 10:06:47 pm »

I guess the moral of the story is, delayed reveals can be pro-town and we probably don't use them often enough.

For a far better example, see Jimmmmm's delayed cop result on ash in Chocolate Factory.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 14, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »

The funnier part was that everyone was talking about how your claim didn't give any info and thought you were scummy for it, when really it prompted me to hang myself.

That was just ash.  That is the power of ash.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 14, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »

I feel I played a great game. I feel I managed to actually represent myself as Town and I correctly read the scum teams without over committing to those reads. I don't think I could have performed my night actions any better. I am really impressed at the townies who held the potato each night, I don't think the game would have went so well otherwise.

As for the setup, I believe the IC was overkill. I loved the item passing. I would have preferred the potato strategy talk be disallowed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 14, 2014, 10:49:45 pm »

I'll say again, scum daychat would be very useful in this setup.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 15, 2014, 08:53:51 am »

Besides everything that has already been said, I think there was also too much information flying around. Things would have been easier if items were distributed randomly, and the number of items of one kind wasn't known.

Plus, I think too many investigative roles. If town gets three magnifying glasses per night, that's a chance of three investigations per night, theoretically forcing scum to stealth every action they had.

Another problem is when scum can't act like town. In a normal game, you can always decide not to kill and play exactly as town would; that's just not possible here, because some items town can make, scum can't.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:45 pm »

I really did not understand why I got bussed so hard. Daychat would have been great.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 15, 2014, 04:42:27 pm »

I really did not understand why I got bussed so hard. Daychat would have been great.

I kind of didn't know what I was doing.  I was just going along trying to figure out the setup and seeing where that would go, I guess because that's what I would have done as town.  Once it was pointed out that the initial items were distributed evenly with everyone having two of something (which I initially missed), it became clear that your item claim couldn't be true.  So I pointed it out because, well, that's when it occurred to me and a lot of the times I just post what I think.  And then I just had to keep going with it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 16, 2014, 05:01:29 am »

Makes sense. I wasn't lying about my items, though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 16, 2014, 08:12:27 am »

Makes sense. I wasn't lying about my items, though.

You didn't have 2 Paper.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 16, 2014, 09:34:24 am »

I am really suprised Ashersky was town. I found him scummy pretty much the whole game and I probably let that read cloud my judgement too much while trying to figure out the setup.
It really proves that the game was not so solvable after all.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]  All

Page created in 1.866 seconds with 20 queries.