Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Author Topic: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Game over! Blue/Yellow win!)  (Read 46279 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »

Hm.. this doesn't make sense, something must be wrong.

Blue's wincon is that 4 players without the Blue win-con must die?  With our current hypothesis, that is impossible unless you lynch perfectly.

Maybe if you give an Orange (Y+R) person the Blue win-con, they lose all their win-cons and turn black and die, so they count towards the Blue one?

Otherwise Blue is just not possible.  And why would they make the win con to kill people without the Blue win-con, and have two players that give more people the Blue win-con?  That just makes it harder for Blue win-con to be satisfied.

We probably want to keep Chairs alive to test things out.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2014, 11:45:00 am »

Yeah I don't know what to do.  We have to lynch someone, and safest bet (for "everyone winning") is a pure Red.  Hybrid Reds can satisfy Red's win-con alone, so they don't need pure Reds, and Yellow would prefer to have pure Yellows to help a majority.  Blue needs non-blues to die.

I think there has to be something else going on at night to give players with the Blue win-con a chance at all of winning.

Are we going to do the full claim thing?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2014, 11:46:36 am »

Or maybe if someone has win-cons X and Y, if they are given wincon Z then they turn black instead of being given wincon Z.  Then they die with only X and Y wincons.  Then Blue can kill off Red+Yellow by sharing Blue with them, and they won't have the Blue win-con when they die.

We'll probably need to test it tonight with Chairs.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:04 pm »

I've decided to just try to fight for the red win condition anyway.

I just realized!  Red and Yellow can win with five people!  If there are four orange players, and one yellow, there are five reds and more yellows than others.  We can somehow kill off the rest and win.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2014, 02:33:27 pm »

I've decided to just try to fight for the red win condition anyway.

I just realized!  Red and Yellow can win with five people!  If there are four orange players, and one yellow, there are five reds and more yellows than others.  We can somehow kill off the rest and win.

That's good news.
I've already claimed in a qt. But might as well here.

I am pure red

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2014, 02:34:44 pm »

I am pure yellow

*shakes fist at Gin*
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2014, 02:40:01 pm »

Okay here's my idea:

(1) Lynch a pure Red today. (Someone pure Red volunteer, no lying.  We have to lynch someone, and if we don't choose it's random.)
(2) Someone with 2 colors volunteer tonight to be targeted by a third color-giver to see what happens.  Preferably not Yellow+Red because we want to use those to get Yellow+Red to win.  This requires someone to have colors X and Y, and a "sharer/recruiter" of color Z to have shots. 
(3) No one else do any kind of recruiting  or sharing or any night action that might mess things up.

Thoughts?  Note also that some people can give shots to others.  So if you're a recruiter/sharer that is out of shots, someone may be able to give you some.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2014, 02:51:57 pm »

I just realized some pure red might lie and say they're orange for more survivability.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:52 pm »

We can discuss ways that it might be possible for all of us to win, but in the end I only care about whether I win, and that should be the attitude that everyone takes.  So unless we have a forced win for everyone, we should be expecting people to deviate from any plan we come up with, if they judge those deviations to improve their odds of winning.

I'm not saying it's bad to try to come up with a plan that makes us all win, but unless it's 100% guaranteed (which it probably isn't because we're not sure how players turn black and whether that gives them all three win-cons or what), there is a good chance that someone will screw it up by fighting for their own win-con (which is what they should do), so we shouldn't be relying on it.  Instead I think it might be best if two alignments team up and try to fight off the third.  If the Reds and Yellows agree to take out Blues, it might be a lot easier for all of the Reds and Yellows to win than if we try to get everyone to win.  I don't know that this is the case because I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, but it seems like it should be.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »

I just realized some pure red might lie and say they're orange for more survivability.

Yeah, but they can still win even if they're dead.  But this doesn't require everyone to claim, it just requires one pure Red to volunteer. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »

We can discuss ways that it might be possible for all of us to win, but in the end I only care about whether I win, and that should be the attitude that everyone takes.  So unless we have a forced win for everyone, we should be expecting people to deviate from any plan we come up with, if they judge those deviations to improve their odds of winning.

I'm not saying it's bad to try to come up with a plan that makes us all win, but unless it's 100% guaranteed (which it probably isn't because we're not sure how players turn black and whether that gives them all three win-cons or what), there is a good chance that someone will screw it up by fighting for their own win-con (which is what they should do), so we shouldn't be relying on it.  Instead I think it might be best if two alignments team up and try to fight off the third.  If the Reds and Yellows agree to take out Blues, it might be a lot easier for all of the Reds and Yellows to win than if we try to get everyone to win.  I don't know that this is the case because I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, but it seems like it should be.

Right, but my idea involves a test to figure out exactly what happens.  I don't think it really hurts anyone.  Someone has to be lynched, and pure Red is the safest choice for all win-cons.  Once we see the effect of R+B+Y win-cons, we can judge from there how to best pursue whatever strategy we want.

Oh yeah, and the person that gets the three colors has to post in the QT telling us what happens before day starts.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

I'll volunteer to be the lynch today (unless someone else wants to ;D).
Seriously, though, I'm cool with you guys killing me as part of the experiment. And who knows, maybe my wincon will get fulfilled in the end.

so vote: Ichimaru ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2014, 03:19:51 pm »

Seriously, though, I'm cool with you guys killing me as part of the experiment. And who knows, maybe my wincon will get fulfilled in the end.

We need everyone to agree to do this first though.  If someone goes off and does an unaccounted for night action, we lose the control.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

We need everyone to agree to do this first though.  If someone goes off and does an unaccounted for night action, we lose the control.

Ah. I see. So perhaps I jumped the gun a little bit.
unvote for now, until we get everyone to agree. But leastways you guys know I'm down for the plan.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »

Here is why everybody should participate: Our colors can change easily.  If a red works to fulfill his and yellow's wincon and completely ruins blue, he might suddenly become purple and he's ruined himself.  If we can all win, we can guarantee that we will all win no matter what happens.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »

Here is why everybody should participate: Our colors can change easily.  If a red works to fulfill his and yellow's wincon and completely ruins blue, he might suddenly become purple and he's ruined himself.  If we can all win, we can guarantee that we will all win no matter what happens.

Or we could lynch chairs since blue probably doesn't have more than two color sharers.  Each person has at least one wincon he knows he has, so he maximizes his odds by making that wincon a priority.  Whether that would be enough to make him deviate from whatever plan we come up with, I don't know, probably not, but I'm just pointing out that someone might do it.

But yeah, I'm fine with lynching Ichimaru today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2014, 05:09:23 pm »

vote: Ichi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2014, 07:31:42 pm »

vote: maru
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

vote: maru

This nickname had better not stick. . . :P

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2014, 07:52:22 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:43 pm »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2014, 09:30:46 pm »

Fine you win. But only because you really made me laugh  ;D

I figured I might as well have a little fun, seeing as how I'm dying and all.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »

[img ]http://Bombay Sapphire[/img]

Shoulda been Tanqueray 10.  Makes more sense with his name, after all.

Also, /tag.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2014, 06:31:54 pm »

So uh.. are we going to try my plan?

We need someone that can give colors to step forward.  And someone with both the other colors willing to take the third.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Page created in 2.195 seconds with 20 queries.