Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15  All

Author Topic: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Game over! Blue/Yellow win!)  (Read 46220 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »

I think it is (practically, not truly) impossible for me to win at this point. So I am going to claim, and if your faction thinks you can use my death/recruitment to help you, I promise to help you in any way that I can.

I am currently Green. I started out as Blue. I have the Blue and Yellow win-cons right now.

Also the rules say we can't No-Lynch.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2014, 06:37:29 pm »

As a practical matter, my current incentives are to lynch anyone who isn't Blue or Yellow.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »

As a practical matter, what is red's wincon?  If it's compatible, I may have just come up with a solution.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2014, 12:54:41 am »

As a practical matter, what is red's wincon?  If it's compatible, I may have just come up with a solution.

At least four red players need to be alive.  Red-Yellow wincon is hard...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2014, 01:09:35 am »

At least four red players need to be alive.  Red-Yellow wincon is hard...

Okay, then I think, possibly, if there are enough (5) yellows left, we could all win this together.

Are you guys willing to consider full-claiming if this is possible?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2014, 01:11:12 am »

Note also that my theory here relies on the fact that a "Green" player, despite having blue + yellow wincon, is no longer blue nor yellow.

Here's my thought:  We leave alive 5 yellow, 4 red.  we kill everyone else, this should fulfill the blue wincon that X non-blue players must die.  This satisfies the yellow wincon, that the majority alive must be yellow.  This also satisfies the red wincon that 4 reds must remain alive.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:33 am »

What green guy could have been killed?

I think I'm done playing closed Bastard setups (so all Bastard games?) because it's really disappointing where you have a game (like this one!) that seems fun and maybe even balanced but isn't really mafia, so you spend the first half of the game playing shittily while you try to figure out the rules, then you figure them out and they're fun, but the game is almost already over. It was the same reason I was so disappointed about ash's bastard game (meta mafia) because that one was actually balanced and COOL but because 75% of the game was "figure out how to play" it wasn't very fun for me.

I'm not /outing, I'm just going to semi-lurk my way through this one.

Nothing against your game, Arch. Really, this should be taken as a compliment.

I guess I see what you're saying, but I find it interesting.  I like the "figuring out how to play" part.. I guess it's not regular Mafia but it's fun for me.  I think I was able to figure out what's going on in this game, but there are still some unknowns.  Three colors = black is just a hypothesis.  It's possible that it isn't until you blend blend's together (so 4+ colors) that you go black, or something. 

And there's the issue of figuring out how to win once your win cons get more challenging to satisfy. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

Note also that my theory here relies on the fact that a "Green" player, despite having blue + yellow wincon, is no longer blue nor yellow.

Here's my thought:  We leave alive 5 yellow, 4 red.  we kill everyone else, this should fulfill the blue wincon that X non-blue players must die.  This satisfies the yellow wincon, that the majority alive must be yellow.  This also satisfies the red wincon that 4 reds must remain alive.

I would bet that the Blue win-con is worded in terms of players "That have the Blue win con" and not "that are blue".

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2014, 01:17:28 am »

i like this plan.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2014, 01:20:03 am »

We need the precise wording on the Blue win-con in order to make any decisions.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:01 am »

I would bet that the Blue win-con is worded in terms of players "That have the Blue win con" and not "that are blue".

It's worded in terms if players without the Blue Win-Con. Is that what you need to know?

(I'm trying not to quote my original PM and get modkilled)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:13 am »

*of

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2014, 11:48:12 am »

So the idea is that we all claim colours and then do the math to try and work out a win for the greatest number? I'm in. I've already claimed though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »

It's worded in terms if players without the Blue Win-Con. Is that what you need to know?

(I'm trying not to quote my original PM and get modkilled)

Then killing a Green does not satisfy, because Green has the Blue win-con.  So Chairs' idea doesn't work.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

Hm.. This looks tough.  Blue needs X people without the blue win-con to die.

At a minimum, we need 5 Yellow win-cons and 4 Red win-cons alive, with the constraint that #Red < #Yellow.  Blue also needs to be less than  Yellow, but that may end up being satisfied just because we lynched a pure Blue yesterday.

Blue needs to kill X pure Yellow or pure Red, or Red/Yellow (Orange) hybrids.  But Orange hybrids help satisfy both Red and Yellow win-cons, so we don't want to kill them. 

Best chance is to kill all the pure Reds and let the Red/Blue or Red/Yellow satisfy Red's win-con.  There needs to be an extra pure Yellow or Yellow/Blue (while still having less Blues) to satisfy Yellow.  There probably isn't a lot of pure Reds though. 

Also keep in mind we can only kill one player a day.  There is only 3 left.  Hmm.. that seems to make it not possible if X > 3 (which I think it is).  So for this to work there has to be a night-kill mechanism.  If it works the way I think where R+Y+B = Black = die, and Black retains all three win-cons, it's not possible as Black deaths won't count towards Blue win-con.

Any thoughts on different Black mechanics?  Does anyone have the ability to STRIP colors from people?

Mod: If I'm dead at the end of the game but my win-cons are still satisfied, do I still "win"?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »

Another thought:

Maybe only Yellow and Red can "recruit" players and Blue has a night kill ability.  That would possibly let everyone win because then we can kill up to 6 players.  It would also make sense because each team would have a power that helps their win-con.

Then I'd be wrong about the triple color = Black, though, if Blue cannot recruit.

Does anyone know if Blue can recruit?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »

I think they might have been able to through shraeye who was a color sharer. Not sure if they'd have redundancy beyond that.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

Mod: If I'm dead at the end of the game but my win-cons are still satisfied, do I still "win"?
Yes

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2014, 02:31:13 pm »

I think they might have been able to through shraeye who was a color sharer. Not sure if they'd have redundancy beyond that.

Oh okay, I misread his role.

Anyone have thoughts on night kill ability?  Killing Shraeye may have screwed Blue over. But I could also be wrong on my 3-colors-turns-black theory.

It may be impossible for all teams to win

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

Damn, you're correct.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2014, 03:23:09 pm »

Well, I, uh..

I think I'll volunteer to be today's lynch, if we're lynching anybody, because it'll be a dick and a half to satisfy blue + yellow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2014, 03:39:44 pm »

Yeah, if Blue had the ability to kill, I was Blue at the start of the game and not aware of it. Unlikely, I would say.

Also willing to be the lynch if it allows the greatest number of people to win.

FWIW, my ability is to either create QTs (like the rest of us) or to give people a hidden vote that's permanent for each day. N0 I put a vote on SP and last night I didn't put a vote on anyone. I started out as 2-shot, gained a shot somehow, and used one shot N0 (on Scott), so I'm still 2-shot.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:10 pm »

I think we're all 2-shot QT makers/something else.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »

Yup yup. Just claiming my something else/shots left/that S_P had an extra vote from me D1.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »

I can give people the blue wincon, and if they already have it I open a QT with them.

I don't see a way for blue to win reasonably out of this, so as noted I will take the lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15  All

Page created in 2.148 seconds with 20 queries.