Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My Opponent Gathers 60 Coin Tokens! He Loses  (Read 760 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
My Opponent Gathers 60 Coin Tokens! He Loses
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140321/log.514cd37de4b0fe3236619906.1395465581298.txt

Code: [Select]
Forager, Menagerie, Storeroom, Watchtower, Fortress, Moneylender, Young Witch, Baker, Festival, Merchant Guild, Altar
Terrifically fun Kingdom. So much synergy!

We sort of choose different routes to go about it, though. I am more interested in an early Altar, aggressive trashing, and really going after a few Merchant Guilds and then mostly Bakers.

My opponent has loftier ambitions, and commits to much longer building, though he doesn't have an Alar or an early Fortress. He really wants to do the mass Merchant Guild thing. Eventually, he works Watchtower into this in a really, really cool way. He can buy a bunch of extra coppers, trash them all to the Watchtower, and rack up Coin tokens! With five Merchant Guilds in play, that gets him 60 Coin Tokens in one turn. Neat!

Unfortunately for him, I greened earlier, and already have 6 Provinces. My deck is less impressive, but just buying stuff lets me a lot of Coin tokens, too. I buy the last two Provinces, and the game ends, his 60 tokens unspent.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.