Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Android: Netrunner - Favourite Factions?  (Read 4221 times)

Eggplantation

• Baron
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Android: Netrunner - Favourite Factions?
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:28:17 am »
+1

I ended up getting this game, and it is really great. I really like the fact that there are different factions, all of which employ different gameplay strategies to achieve victory.

SO what faction is your favourite (Including Runner and/or Corp)?

Personally I like Weyland Consortium (probably closely followed by Jinteki). I am still new at the game, and I find the idea of their 'tag and bag' strategy to be really interesting and cool. Rewarding to pull off, but tricky and fun. Super intense too when the runner realises you could be ready to pounce at any moment.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:29:40 am by Eggplantation »

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Re: Android: Netrunner - Favourite Factions?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:56:04 am »

I like variety a lot so I play different factions. Especially corps (I feel playing corp is more fun to me recently), I aim to try everything. Weyland, HB, NBN - I've had decent success with each of them, I also try Jinteki every so often, but it keeps disappointing me, not working despite getting new cool cards (that make me try again) in each data pack. Maybe after the big expansion.

For runner I played Shaper for a long time, then recently switched to Criminal. I try Anarch decks from time to time, but most of them have too many moving parts for me, I feel they lack stability - when things go ok, they can work wonders, but too often cards don't come in correct order and whole deck fails.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 05:23:04 am »

I've been playing a few games a week for a couple of months, and don't feel I've seen all of the factions properly yet.

On the runner side I played some Anarch (Noise) until our group picked up Jackson Howard.  Most of my other runner games have been Criminal (Gabe), which I absolutely adore.  I've not been able to get a good Shaper deck together yet, despite having most of the toys available.

I find Corp deckbuilding much more difficult.  I've tried a lot of bad decks in various factions that ran both San San City Grid and Scorched Earth.  I had a lot of fun with a Replicating Perfection deck a few weeks ago, and Personal Evolution has been working out quite well since then, so I'm quite a Jinteki fan right now.  I tried a huge Ice HB deck which did win, but my opponent's started running Escher (which lets them rearrange your Ice), so I don't think it will keep working.  I've not tried Weyland apart from the started deck, so I might try and knock something together there later today.

Overall favourite currently is definitely Criminal.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:25:01 pm »

I recently picked up this game. Played it perhaps 5 or 6 times, and am already totally hooked.

On the corp side, I'm also really partial to Weyland. Particularly the combo of posted bounty to scorched earth is really sweet (at least in the core). I like their emphasis on having lots of credits--having beanstalk royalties in faction is really sweet. NBN would probably be a close second.

For runners, I've mostly played Shapers. Their early game isn't that great, but they have strong icebreakers, so once they get up and running they can be a serious contender. The fact that their icebreaker strength boosts last through the whole run is a good way to save money.
I'm also partial to criminals though. The overall "trickiness" of their faction is something I really like as well. I was playing with my brother the other day--installed a sneakdoor beta and ran archives after he'd heavily iced his hq. None of us really knew much about the cards then, so he was pretty surprised at how it worked.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:10:22 am »

I like HB the best, I think, and then Weyland. I much prefer playing the corp any way other than FA or kill, so HB can set up a big glacier and Weyland can trash all your breakers, which I both like.

I think the trickiness of criminal is fun, but some cards (account siphon - I'm looking at you) are just way too good, and that turns me off it. Big rigs are fun for me, and shapers are good at those.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.