Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tie Games and Goko Ratings  (Read 1209 times)

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
Tie Games and Goko Ratings
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:39:47 pm »

The rulebook for base Dominion states that if players are tied after application of tiebreaker, then the players "rejoice in their shared victory".  Isotropic actually posted this phrase straight up after a tie.

CouncilRoom.com of course posts records as W-L-D and so does Goko.  So ties are not actually treated as a W for both players apparently.

About how much do ties affect one's rating?  Is it deleterious to tie a lower-ranked player and disproportionally better to tie a higher-ranked player?  Or is it really treated as a win for both players?  I tend to doubt the latter as my rating has fallen after tying lower-ranked players and risen quite a bit for tying superior players.  Thanks!
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Tie Games and Goko Ratings
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »
+2

They affect your rating, but not by a lot. Tying with lower-ranked players makes your rating go down, and tying with higher-ranked players makes it go up. For me, the change is usually around 7-9, while the change for a win or a loss is around 30-60.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Tie Games and Goko Ratings
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:47:39 pm »

The drop in rating for a tie can be significant. For example, in a four player game against the bots I will lose ranking if I tie in first place and beat the other two bots.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.413 seconds with 21 queries.