Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLII - X-Men and X-Shots (Mafia wins!)  (Read 151661 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLII - X-Men and X-Shots (Day5)
« Reply #1450 on: May 29, 2014, 07:46:12 pm »

Sorry guys, been kinda VLA last few days. We have plenty of time still though and I'll be around for a while tomorrow.

2 questions for Robz though:

1. Why we're you sure enough that I wasn't scum to bet the game on it right as the day opened?

2. Why would scum kill Jimmmmm over a claimed cop?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 29, 2014, 08:24:58 pm »

Cuzz, are you considering that Robz might be scum?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 29, 2014, 10:17:48 pm »

Of course I am considering everything. Unless I missed something that disallows that possibility?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2014, 11:53:13 pm »

Of course I am considering everything. Unless I missed something that disallows that possibility?

no, just interested in your thoughts.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:23 am »

Sorry guys, been kinda VLA last few days. We have plenty of time still though and I'll be around for a while tomorrow.

2 questions for Robz though:

1. Why we're you sure enough that I wasn't scum to bet the game on it right as the day opened?

2. Why would scum kill Jimmmmm over a claimed cop?

1). I wasn't sure, but I was going to lynch EFHW regardless, because that's what mcmcsalot wanted and I don't see how we could not do that, given that he was right about WW and faust and his last thoughts were imploring us to make that decision today. I will be more mad at myself for not listening to him and being wrong than I will for listening to him and being wrong. So I voted for EFHW.

So that was the mindset, but it's produced something else--it created you as an IC. Now that you're an IC, it's more worthwhile having a discussion about how sure we are of mcmc's read on EFHW. That wasn't a discussion worth having until I L-1ed EFHW.

I know that seems a little odd, but so, I've been at MYLO in both of my last two big games, Adventure Time and Philosopher's Mafia, and we've used both of those tactics, listening to the dead and creating last minute ICs. Check the games if you don't believe me.

2). They can block and godfather my investigation, making it better to keep alive because it looks suspicious and doesn't threaten them.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 30, 2014, 01:48:29 am »

Cuzz, actually just please read the last day of Adventure Time mafia (it's brief) and skim the last day of Philosopher's Mafia.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:53 am »

Robz's responses make sense, so I'm back to being almost certain EFHW's the Mafia here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:13 am »

Robz, really how likely is it that mcmc would identify all three mafia correctly?  I'm frustrated that you're planning to throw the game on this basis.  When you say it doesn't even matter if I convince you that I'm town, then you aren't being fair to the rest of us who are actually playing the game.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 30, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

Robz, really how likely is it that mcmc would identify all three mafia correctly?  I'm frustrated that you're planning to throw the game on this basis.  When you say it doesn't even matter if I convince you that I'm town, then you aren't being fair to the rest of us who are actually playing the game.

I don't know. He already did something pretty unlikely in that he correctly shot mafia Night 2. And I think unwavering commitment is usually the best strategy in the endgame, or else you just get tricked.

I'm still trying to find time to re-read, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 30, 2014, 10:46:14 pm »

Vote Count 5.6

EFHW (2): Xerxes, Robz
Xerxes (1): EFHW

Not voting (1): Cuzz

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day5 will last 10 days and the deadline will be Thursday, June 5 at 2 a.m. forum time.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 01, 2014, 11:53:36 am »

Okay, robz or cuzz, anything you need to be answered?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:32 pm »

I've been slowly re reading. I forgot how townie xerxes seemed at the beginning of the game

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 01, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »

I've been slowly re reading. I forgot how townie xerxes seemed at the beginning of the game

How so? I remember him posting a bunch of jokey posts and then lurking most of D1. I think I even asked for a prod.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 01, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »

How so? I remember him posting a bunch of jokey posts and then lurking most of D1. I think I even asked for a prod.

His jokey posts were very, very, very un-typical him, though, and typical him has been scum. Really it was an exceedingly different Xerxes, one I think who was finally liberated from having to play scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:20 am »

The speccies have to be hissing at us by now. And by us, I mean me and Cuzz. EFHW and Xerxes have stated their cases against each other perfectly well and there's little else they can add right now.

I was re-reading, but only made it to Day 2. I pledge to get back to that today. I'm still committed to an EFHW lynch right now. Cuzz, if you want anything but an EFHW lynch, you are going to have to start doing some convincing.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 03, 2014, 10:35:12 am »

typical him has been scum
I've been hearing this from everyone, and it really doesn't feel like that to me. I've been scum, like, twice? I think the proportions are actually pretty even. There was the fairy tale one and language mafia where I was town too, so the times I was scum is pretty much just the one where ash bussed me and then died and the one where everyone on my team just got caught really quickly.

Also, cuzz, you should totally vote efhw. You're going to have to decide eventually - I bet robz would be NKd, not you, and then you'd have one less person to talk with. No-lynch is not a viable choice.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 03, 2014, 02:29:35 pm »

I've been hearing this from everyone, and it really doesn't feel like that to me. I've been scum, like, twice? I think the proportions are actually pretty even. There was the fairy tale one and language mafia where I was town too, so the times I was scum is pretty much just the one where ash bussed me and then died and the one where everyone on my team just got caught really quickly.

Also, cuzz, you should totally vote efhw. You're going to have to decide eventually - I bet robz would be NKd, not you, and then you'd have one less person to talk with. No-lynch is not a viable choice.

Why is no lynch not a viable choice?  If we no lynch, you can kill Robz to frame me or kill Cuzz hoping Robz will still be committed to voting for me.  That's a difficult choice for you, but town is faced with the same problem.  Also, you are pressuring Cuzz unnecessarily.  We have until Thursday. 

If you were town, XP, I'd expect you to be suspecting Robz.  This "I owe it to mcmc to vote EFHW" is kind of convenient if he is scum.  Cuzz and I have questioned his actions in different ways, but you really haven't.

And I don't think you ever answered me - When was scum reluctant to lynch me?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 03, 2014, 02:42:13 pm »

Why is no lynch not a viable choice?  If we no lynch, you can kill Robz to frame me or kill Cuzz hoping Robz will still be committed to voting for me. 

EFHW, what? You are arguing that Xerxes should support no lynch because it is good for him as mafia? So confusing.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 03, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

I lean towards EFHW at this point just because I don't sense actual scum hunting coming from her. We're at mylo and I mostly hear reasons we shouldn't lynch her ("don't sheep mcmc!") and less "for the love of god xerxes is scum and we need to kill him"

I may be done considering Robz as a scum possibility. If he is he's playing a great game. Just to check though, I'll pull the same IC maker and vote: xerxes. So Robz should either win the game for scum right now or check in and confirm that we are absolutely looking at EFHW v. Xerxes.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 03, 2014, 04:01:36 pm »

We are absolutely looking at Xerxes vs. EFHW.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 03, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »

Okay yeah this wins the game. I was just collecting the cred while I made absolutely sure, sorry.

Vote: Xerxes

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 03, 2014, 04:45:31 pm »

From yuma:

Game over! Mafia Wins!

Final vote count:

Xerxes (3): EFHW, Cuzz, Robz
EFHW (1): Xerxes

Xerxes was lynched. He was Gambit, a Vanilla Townie

The Mafia team of: Robz, Mr. Sinister disguised as Quicksilver, faust, Apoclypse disguised as Bishop and Witherweaver, Cortez disguised as Nightcrawler

Robz is the MVP

More setup and talk will be posted by yuma when he gets home from work.

Thread unlocked for discussion
[/color]
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 03, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »

Thanks mail-mi! Hooray!!!

Would love the speccy QT if you have it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 03, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

Thanks mail-mi! Hooray!!!

Would love the speccy QT if you have it.
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/bY5P7zuwfRCnM
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 03, 2014, 04:51:25 pm »

I think the turning point was Day 3. I truly thought we were doomed on Day 3. WW turned up dead, and mcmc was razor focused on faust for entirely correct reasons, and I was a likely partner.

At that point, I couldn't bus faust... If faust was lynched, we would have lost for sure. My claim would have eventually been distrusted--there would simply be too many days left. I had to prevent the faust lynch at all costs. So I searched for other wagons, slowly muddling mcmc's read on me and finding an unknowing ally in EFHW. Somehow, we got chairs lynched.

The next day, I wholeheartedly joined the faust lynch, knowing I would only need to survive a single lynch after that.

Today was actually the easiest day by far, though I was a bit worried the long period of intertia might somehow drive people back toward me, almost by accident.

I was shocked mcmc picked up on WW being scum. That was a really good move. He totally nailed faust, too. He played super well, an almost MVP worthy performance, I think. Of course I relied on his last, mistaken read, in the end.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 15 queries.