Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 102017 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:52 pm »

It seems like Shraeye is being very aggressive and spreading confusion.  Maybe this is just his play style.. I'm not sure.  My read right now is scum.

He's asking a lot of questions and analyzing people's motivations, which I read as a more towny trait. shraeye's probably my strongest town read so far.

But he is generating reactions as he wants. It is something I follow quite a bit, scum wants to wait for lots of posts, and then analyze them and pressure people after the fact when he can represent it the way he wants and react to it appropriately.

Yeah. It's also good if town posts a lot, because it encourages scum to post a lot (and that usually trips them up, though not immediately - again, re-reading is key to look at old posts after flips). The flipside is that scum likes to point out contradictions town makes (because townies are always re-evaluating and changing their minds based on new information) and pretend it's scummy, and it usually works.

All of which to say is, null on shraeye, but not lynching today I don't think.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »

Hmmmm. Imma vote: Delirious Deleuze right now. As a pseudo-random lurker choice. I don't remember anything about him.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »

Yeah, Candide joke and nothing. Good vote right now.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:08 pm »

It seems like Shraeye is being very aggressive and spreading confusion.  Maybe this is just his play style.. I'm not sure.  My read right now is scum.

He's asking a lot of questions and analyzing people's motivations, which I read as a more towny trait. shraeye's probably my strongest town read so far.

Why exactly do you think shraeye is town? Shraeye asks almost entirely questions as scum.

I don't have the same meta knowledge of him that you do so I won't know about that. I'm basing my town read on him off of his questions seeming pointed and insightful, though the thing with analyzing WW's post and "mc was just the first to post about it" does seem a little off.

I might see Deleuze later tonight, I can give him a real life prod.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

Sorry team!! I've been out of town, not lurking just busy. I'm super hungover today which why I haven't posted. I just read through the last three pages. My thoughts:

The questions by ww are curious, I think it's less innocent than what some believe but I don't think it's a conspiracy. People who are townies usually don't ask those sorts of questions. He seems to be dancing. Especially in his follow up post when he acknowledged his newbieness and continuined to ask questions. Maybe he's a newbie but I think this is curious enough to watch.

More interesting than that is shraeye's analysis of the post he does seem to be good at being driving the thread but also causing confusion. Whether it's purposeful or not I don't know yet. Smells kinda scummy. Unvote.

Vote:ww

I also think we should question people who are defending others based off their success in other games. I think this is a bit odd, and a good place to create false facades.

Sorry I haven't been posting. The whiskey flu is almost gone though.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2014, 09:20:15 pm »

Nik do you care to explain why you think shraeye is scummy?

I get why people jumped on the lurker bad train with me, but I think you should post some thoughts.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:15 pm »

Enough people are voicing passive suspicion of shraeye I'm starting to think he's town. I seem to be the only one defending him, and I know he's not my scum partner.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:33 pm »

Why do you think he's a townie?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2014, 11:13:18 pm »

Enough people are voicing passive suspicion of shraeye I'm starting to think he's town. I seem to be the only one defending him, and I know he's not my scum partner.

This is an interesting comment. It makes sense to me that scum are generally going to want "mild" scum reads on people perhaps setting them up for mislynches later.

Town-read on Volt--although still not too sure on shraeye

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2014, 11:21:26 pm »

I am going to vote: Delerious Deluze

His analysis and suspicion of ww feel scummy to me. Aren't we pretty much 100% sure that ww is a newbie?
Would he really make a meta lie? ww's questions in of themselves are not inherently scummy, this is a newbie game after all. It's a place for newbs to ask questions and get comfortable while playing the game and learning from veterans.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:02 pm »

I know he's not my scum partner.

Who is your scum partner? :P
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

Just saw it was *Deleuze. I'll try to remember that ;D

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:19 pm »

His analysis and suspicion of ww feel scummy to me. Aren't we pretty much 100% sure that ww is a newbie?
Would he really make a meta lie? ww's questions in of themselves are not inherently scummy, this is a newbie game after all. It's a place for newbs to ask questions and get comfortable while playing the game and learning from veterans.

I'm a newbie too. I think the questions just seem a bit odd. Plus, I'm not the only person to comment on how those questions were weird. I don't understand why that's prompting a vote for me. That alone sounds suspicious that now you're just voting for me with very little reasons other than i sound scummy and two people voted for me for not posting enough.

If your real worry was me voting for WW why did you vote for other people who said that earlier and now are just choosing to jump on the bandwagon and divert attention to me?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:52 pm »

Why didn't you**

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:51 pm »

I'm a newbie too. I think the questions just seem a bit odd. Plus, I'm not the only person to comment on how those questions were weird. I don't understand why that's prompting a vote for me. That alone sounds suspicious that now you're just voting for me with very little reasons other than i sound scummy and two people voted for me for not posting enough.

If your real worry was me voting for WW why did you vote for other people who said that earlier and now are just choosing to jump on the bandwagon and divert attention to me?

Yes, other people were saying some of the same things. However, your post strikes me as agreeing with them while being vague--e.g. mildly sheeping. I have stated from the beginning that I don't think ww's question means anything. You accuse me of jumping on a bandwagon, but I think it is quite the opposite. The only other vote on you is a soft-lurker vote from Volt--and aside from my post, there was no real case against you aside from lurking. It is a hallmark of scum to defend themselves by casting suspicion on others--which is exactly what you are doing in this situation. Also, to panic when they really aren't in any danger.

Also "divert attention to you" reads pretty scummy to me. Why, because it's safer to have the attention on ww?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2014, 12:02:14 am »

And just saw that I missed Nik's vote on you. Also a soft-lurker vote though.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2014, 12:20:48 am »

I'm defending myself because this is my first game and I'm 2 votes away from dying.

Your only evidence is that I'm defensive. And you're getting this off two posts of mine. Of course I'm going to state my thoughts and put out a vote, especially after people accuse me of lurking.

Yes I'm being sheepish. I don't think anyone knows who anyone is at this point. So excuse me for not charging in and just declaring that someone is skummy. I'd rather not be rash and make it so we all lose.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2014, 12:30:43 am »

I'm defending myself because this is my first game and I'm 2 votes away from dying.

Your only evidence is that I'm defensive. And you're getting this off two posts of mine. Of course I'm going to state my thoughts and put out a vote, especially after people accuse me of lurking.

Yes I'm being sheepish. I don't think anyone knows who anyone is at this point. So excuse me for not charging in and just declaring that someone is skummy. I'd rather not be rash and make it so we all lose.

I understand that having pressure put on you is not pleasant--but this is how we get reactions out of people. You are not in danger of being killed right now, as 2/3 of the votes on you are not very serious (mine is only slightly more serious). Scum could always quick-hammer (assuming that neither you, or any of the people currently voting for you are scum). But that would be a very poor strategy for them, as we would then know who they were and eliminate them on subsequent days.

People are put up to L-2, and even L-1 all the time.

I understand how it is about not coming across as too hard and fast with your reads. This is a generally a good idea, however, it is by no means the reason I am voting for you. I find you scummy because.

1. You are sheeping the ww case.

2. I interpret your reactions so far as mildly scummy.

This is by no means a permanent opinion, at any time, you or someone else could (and probably will), do something that changes my mind. However, I am only going off of what has transpired so far. D1 (and most days) there are usually many cases that are started, but are eventually sidetracked, or simply do not pan out. It is incredibly rare for the first wagon D1 to be the person that ends up getting lynched that day.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2014, 12:35:19 am »

Because it seems to me like mafia might be testing the waters for a shraeye lynch - they don't want to stick their necks out there and try to lynch one of the strongest players (if town) D1 but would be totally willing if they can convince enough people. It is also a mafia tactic to call someone scummy but not vote for them. Many people have done that about shraeye.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:33 am »

I know he's not my scum partner.

Who is your scum partner? :P

ash and Teproc!

(this is a reference to the fact that they were my scummates the one time I won an MVP, which feels strange given that I enjoy and think I am better at playing as town)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:59 am »

Because it seems to me like mafia might be testing the waters for a shraeye lynch - they don't want to stick their necks out there and try to lynch one of the strongest players (if town) D1 but would be totally willing if they can convince enough people. It is also a mafia tactic to call someone scummy but not vote for them. Many people have done that about shraeye.

But I am the one who started the wagon and actually find him scummy, scum could join me, I think its always more likely in these situation that he actualy is scum and his partner is distracting from his wagon and other townies are just being cautious because the cae is by no means a grand slam
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2014, 09:43:52 am »

Sorry team!! I've been out of town, not lurking just busy. I'm super hungover today which why I haven't posted. I just read through the last three pages. My thoughts:

The questions by ww are curious, I think it's less innocent than what some believe but I don't think it's a conspiracy. People who are townies usually don't ask those sorts of questions. He seems to be dancing. Especially in his follow up post when he acknowledged his newbieness and continuined to ask questions. Maybe he's a newbie but I think this is curious enough to watch.

More interesting than that is shraeye's analysis of the post he does seem to be good at being driving the thread but also causing confusion. Whether it's purposeful or not I don't know yet. Smells kinda scummy. Unvote.

Vote:ww

I also think we should question people who are defending others based off their success in other games. I think this is a bit odd, and a good place to create false facades.

Sorry I haven't been posting. The whiskey flu is almost gone though.

Me being a newbie is a provable fact, not a claim.  This is my first game.  The original posts verify this. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

I don't get this.  Why does more suspicion indicate he's town?  Because the more people that suspect him, the  more likely one of them is scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2014, 11:28:12 am »

Hey, I defended him as well!

I do understand however that his playstyle might make people want to vote him, so I'm not sure whether scum is pushing this, and I don't think it implicates shraeye as town. Also how have you been defending him if only now you are starting to think he's town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2014, 11:34:31 am »

The wagon on DeDe is interesting as well. Two votes are for him lurking. Then he comes in with a reasonable post with content, and participates. He could expand a bit more on the Witherweaver case, but hey, he makes a case! Ichimaru thinks he looks scummy from this... I will looks at their exchange in my next post.

Right now I'm asking Voltaire and Nik: are you still comfortable with your votes? Because it seems the reason for these votes is now gone.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38  All

Page created in 2.361 seconds with 20 queries.