Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to play the Adventures or Guilds expansion on the online game??  (Read 3862 times)

santamonica811

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile

I bought the Ultra Pack a few months ago, and as a result, the online store (was Goko, and is now playdominiononline.com) shows that I have "purchased" all the expansions, including Guilds.

I gather that the online Guilds adventure is not up-and-running yet, right?  Is that also true for the Adventures expansion?  I thought I had read online about some people playing it already . . . although perhaps they were talking about playing a game with the actual physical set???

If either or both of these are already available online, can someone provide a link, or walk me through the steps so that I can play?  I know this sounds like a silly question.  But it doesn't show up on the FAQs.  (For the FASQs, for that matter)  :-)

thanks in advance for anyone's help and/or advice

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: How to play the Adventures or Guilds expansion on the online game??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 04:13:26 am »
+2

Adventures isn't playable online and won't be for at least a few more months.

I thought I had read online about some people playing it already . . . although perhaps they were talking about playing a game with the actual physical set???

Yes, some people played with the physical sets over Skype.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »

Guilds is implemented.

Try creating a Kingdom with "Baker" or "Doctor" to check if you have it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:45:38 pm »
+1

The Guilds cards are implemented for regular multiplayer/bot games, but I don't think the Guilds adventure has been implemented.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »

The Guilds cards are implemented for regular multiplayer/bot games, but I don't think the Guilds adventure has been implemented.

Right.

Having Adventures for Adventures should be interesting, if recursive.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

santamonica811

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »

Much thanks to all.  I've only played the "pre-existing" adventures so far.  When I look at the map of adventures, there are only 2 open spaces. . . two tan spots, directly above the green "Hinterlands."  So, that leaves only one space for a 20-stage Guilds and another 20-stage Adventures, um, adventure.  Or two spaces for either Guilds or Adventures, and no idea where the other one would go.

I guess time will tell.  In the past, how long did it take between "hard" copies of an expansion and the release of the online version?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »
+1

Much thanks to all.  I've only played the "pre-existing" adventures so far.  When I look at the map of adventures, there are only 2 open spaces. . . two tan spots, directly above the green "Hinterlands."  So, that leaves only one space for a 20-stage Guilds and another 20-stage Adventures, um, adventure.  Or two spaces for either Guilds or Adventures, and no idea where the other one would go.

I guess time will tell.  In the past, how long did it take between "hard" copies of an expansion and the release of the online version?
If I remember correctly, only two expansions came out during Goko Dominion. They had early access to Dark Ages cards.

The new MF version of Dominion Online may not even have the "adventure" campaigns that are currently online.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:33 pm »

Dark Ages took a while. It was released in pieces. The first part was online from the get-go, but really did not matter because the original online system was much worse than it is now. The other parts took a couple months each. Guilds was available day and date.

Adventures is taking at while to implement because MF (not Goko) is creating an all-new Online Dominion that hopefully will be better. The estimated release date for Adventures is September.

santamonica811

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »

Dark Ages took a while. It was released in pieces. The first part was online from the get-go, but really did not matter because the original online system was much worse than it is now. The other parts took a couple months each. Guilds was available day and date.

Adventures is taking at while to implement because MF (not Goko) is creating an all-new Online Dominion that hopefully will be better. The estimated release date for Adventures is September.

"Guilds was available day and date."  I'm not sure what this means???

I take it that MF is an online game developer, yes?  Does this mean that (if your Sept estimate is correct re Adventures) Guilds will come out online some time after that?

And, to slightly change the subject (can I threadjack my own thread??); will people who have paid for the full package via Goko and/or www.playdominiononline.com have to repurchase everything?  Or will those of us be transferred to the new site as already-paid?  (Excuse me if this question has been asked a million times...it's probably a pretty common question.)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:31:25 pm »

Guilds is already online.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »

"Guilds was available day and date."  I'm not sure what this means???
Released online and in stores at the same time.

I take it that MF is an online game developer, yes?  Does this mean that (if your Sept estimate is correct re Adventures) Guilds will come out online some time after that?
Making Fun is rebuilding Dominion Online. Goko was the previous developer. Guilds is already available, but does not have an "adventure" campaign.

And, to slightly change the subject (can I threadjack my own thread??); will people who have paid for the full package via Goko and/or www.playdominiononline.com have to repurchase everything?  Or will those of us be transferred to the new site as already-paid?  (Excuse me if this question has been asked a million times...it's probably a pretty common question.)
This question was only just answered last week. By next weekend, the new version will be online in open beta. You do not need to purchased sets again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:54:06 pm by enfynet »
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 21 queries.