Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In which Rats is actually quite a decent card  (Read 844 times)

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
In which Rats is actually quite a decent card
« on: March 07, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140307/log.51475c09e4b0bef57ec894bd.1394235465138.txt

Code: [Select]
Caravan, Pirate Ship, Rats, Remodel, Scout, Council Room, Journeyman, Fairgrounds, Expand, King's Court
This is an interesting game I just played where Expand and Remodel both being in the same kingdom facilitate quick and useful Rats usage.
The questions I have are: Do you think my use of Rats was too light, and how do I use Rats properly in general, and how do I explain proper use of Rats to a friend of mine who refuses to play with it because he thinks it's a terrible card?
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: In which Rats is actually quite a decent card
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:21:46 am »

I think you were a bit lucky here maybe to get an early gold that helped you buy your way out of trouble. I'll suggest a rats concept deck and I'm guessing it will have time to pay off since fairgrounds are available for extra vp (it's like having two piles of provinces).

How about starting with remodel+silver, remodeling estates into caravans. Then add a rat, trash copper with rats, and buy more caravans. Your next goal is an expand, and you may need a gold to get you to seven coins, but  then you can then expand your rats into king's courts. With extra drawing from the caravans and some cycling from the rats you should get a quick turn around from rat infested rubbish into a king's court bonanza that you can finish off however you like.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:23:03 am by DG »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 20 queries.