Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Queing up in professional play  (Read 1468 times)

clantosa

• Steward
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Queing up in professional play
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:33 pm »

Why is it that when i host a pro match that half the times my own decks aren't chosen?.... Shouldn't the mtach host always have their decks chosen? I mean what is the point of putting in the title the sets that you own if half the times you don't even get to play your decks?

I don't think justifying the answer of: its to prevent people from gaining easy rating is fair since people can easily make booster accounts for free rating so rating should be really an issue

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
Re: Queuing up in professional play
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

What exactly happened? When you host a pro game, the cards are indeed selected from the base set plus the sets you paid for; the sets that players joining the game have paid for don't matter at all.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:03:49 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Queing up in professional play
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:44 pm »
+3

Why is it that when i host a pro match that half the times my own decks aren't chosen?.... Shouldn't the mtach host always have their decks chosen? I mean what is the point of putting in the title the sets that you own if half the times you don't even get to play your decks?

I don't think justifying the answer of: its to prevent people from gaining easy rating is fair since people can easily make booster accounts for free rating so rating should be really an issue

If you mean the set of 10 cards you made yourself, then pro mode does not let you use them. those can be used in Causal mode. Pro mode picks 10 random cards from all the ones you own.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
Re: Queing up in professional play
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:38 am »
+2

When you host a pro match, it selects randomly from all the cards you own. It is always the host's cards, never the guest's.

Also, "But there's also another way to cheat the rating system!" is a crappy argument to justify your method of cheating the rating system.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.678 seconds with 21 queries.