Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Getting better  (Read 8533 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Getting better
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »

In one of my streams, it ended up I was playing someone else but I still had Wandering Winder on Skype with me. Black Market was in the kingdom (someone else was hosting) and I hate that card enough that I never play with it, but I was "forced" into it that game. The mistakes I made because of my inexperience with the card and WW right there to point them out to me during the process (even if it was on a ~20 second delay) was enlightening.

This could be an idea for making videos that are more accessible and to get perspective from newer players that could address issues I might not naturally talk about.

I don't want to sound full of myself, but I don't think I would do very well in the "student" role of this equation. I mean, it's true WW is way better than me and I will learn from him but it will probably be very advanced stuff, if anything, and it will benefit me much more than anyone watching the video. I would probably be the "teacher."

But the student would have to not only screen-share on Skype (no big deal) but also capture the video and send it to me for editing, which poses a *lot* of technical hurdles. If I had someone I knew IRL that would be willing to do this it would be much simpler, but only one person comes to mind as being a good fit for this and I seriously doubt she'd be interested in doing it.

There would have to be an eager student out there, but if there is, I'm usually the guy around here that's most willing to try new things out when it comes to videos/streaming. And I'm certainly willing to try something like this out...
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.396 seconds with 21 queries.