Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18  All

Author Topic: What Card Am I?  (Read 123831 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: What Card Am I?
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2015, 03:23:22 pm »

So Pirate Ship was probably missed too... excluding that infinite solution, Forager can get up to $13 $14 without Black Market in the kingdom, and up to however many kingdom treasures exist (I'm too lazy to go count) + $5 with it.
Ah okay, here's where you mention no Black Market. Sorry about that.

Also, I just noticed how your avatar matches your username. Cool stuff.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

No worries, since I was attempting to solve a puzzle that already had to be revised to outlaw Vault/Secret Chamber/Storeroom, and Pirate Ship/Band of Misfits, I might as well exclude the ultimate puzzle destroyer (or creator...) of Black Market.  But mostly I was just being lazy (so much so that I didn't even get the lazy solution right).

Aha, I knew there were probably a few people around here that would get my obscure programming references.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:42 pm »

Aha, I knew there were probably a few people around here that would get my obscure programming references.
More than you might think.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2015, 10:22:32 am »

Copper, if you played a lot of kc-coppersmiths before.

Edit: sorry, not an action
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:24:08 am by soulnet »

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2015, 11:58:23 am »

(1) At the start of your turn, you have 2 of me and 3 coppers.  You play the first one of me.  You play the second one of me, which you knew would be a useless play, other than that it highly annoys your opponent.  You enter your buy phase with $3, 1 buy, and an irritated opponent.  What am I?

(2) I am in your hand, but I am neither a Treasure, nor Action, nor Victory, nor Curse card.  What am I?  (There's only 1 of these that i can think of, but there may be more.)

(3) I can make playing 1 copper once give you $2 instead of just $1, but I am not Coppersmith (nor am I Counterfeit, because you only play the copper once).  What am I?

(As always, I've done my best to have 1 and only 1 answer for each card, but there is almost always more valid answers that I hadn't thought of.)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2015, 12:03:03 pm »

(1) At the start of your turn, you have 2 of me and 3 coppers.  You play the first one of me.  You play the second one of me, which you knew would be a useless play, other than that it highly annoys your opponent.  You enter your buy phase with $3, 1 buy, and an irritated opponent.  What am I?

(2) I am in your hand, but I am neither a Treasure, nor Action, nor Victory, nor Curse card.  What am I?  (There's only 1 of these that i can think of, but there may be more.)

(3) I can make playing 1 copper once give you $2 instead of just $1, but I am not Coppersmith (nor am I Counterfeit, because you only play the copper once).  What am I?

(As always, I've done my best to have 1 and only 1 answer for each card, but there is almost always more valid answers that I hadn't thought of.)

(1). scrying pool, where the only other cards in deck are KC and possession? EDIT: and you put the card back on their deck with 1st SP.
(2). Hovel
(3). Bank
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:12:26 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2015, 12:06:06 pm »

1. Tournament, SP having already drawn your deck and replaced a card on your opponent's deck, Great hall with drawn deck, familiar with drawn deck and no curses, spy with drawn deck and replaced card on your opponent's deck, etc. Tournament is probably the one you were going for though
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:31:50 pm by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »

(1). scrying pool, where the only other cards in deck are KC and possession? EDIT: and you put the card back on their deck with 1st SP.
(2). Hovel
(3). Bank

Correct for (2) and (3)!

Pneumatiker

• Swindler
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2015, 12:38:38 pm »

(1) Either two tributes with only two action cards in your opponent's deck or 2 scouts with 4 non-victory cards on top of your deck.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:30 pm »

Since there are obviously many ways to interpret question (1), here is the answer I had in mind:

Tournament.  I play one, opponent reveals a Province.  I play second one, opponent facepalm's.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:38 am »

I am in your hand.  On your turn, you play 1 action card -- card X -- and nothing else.  I can be revealed by playing X.  Without revealing your entire hand, X can be 3 and only 3 action cards (i.e. no Shanty Town, Menagerie, Poor House, etc.).  What am I?  What are the 3 cards you can reveal me with?

No shenanigans (Possession, Golem to play more actions, etc.)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:16 am »

Rats, with a hand full of rats
Copper, revealed from cutpurse
Any victory card, revealed by Bureaucrat

Therefore, X is Rats, Cutpurse or Bureaucrat.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:35 am »

Rats, with a hand full of rats
Copper, revealed from cutpurse
Any victory card, revealed by Bureaucrat

Therefore, X is Rats, Cutpurse or Bureaucrat.

No.  "I" am 1 card -- not a different card for each of the 3 actions.  Plus, puzzle says it's your turn and I am in your hand, so I can't be revealed with Cutpurse or Bureaucrat because those reveal cards in other players' hands.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:34 am »
+2

Province can be revealed by Tournament, Explorer, or Ambassador.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2015, 10:25:24 am »
+1

I'm brought into play.  Look again - I'm in your hand.  Look again - I'm in play again.  What am I?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 06, 2015, 10:30:28 am »
+2

I'm brought into play.  Look again - I'm in your hand.  Look again - I'm in play again.  What am I?

Fortress, because i was processioned, so I was brought into play, then trashed, so put into hand, and then can be played again.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2015, 10:32:28 am »
+5

(I apologize, but this one never gets old).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:17 am »
+2

I let you keep cards that would have been trashed.
I let you save cards 'till you want them dispatched.
Combos you wouldn't think of are simply a snap
But the combo most obvious is surely a trap.

What am I?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 06, 2015, 10:58:30 am »

What am I?

Native Village?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2015, 11:02:02 am »

Moat?                                               

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 06, 2015, 11:27:49 am »
+2

What am I?

Scheme. The first line is a reference to hermit, the third one probably KCs or conspirators, and the last one is treasure map. The second line is just a generality.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2015, 11:51:30 am »

(I apologize, but this one never gets old).

Wait… if in your buy phase, this is a Gold, does that mean you can buy this card for only $6? Definitely OP.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

I am an Action card.  I am in your hand.  I am NOT a Reaction card.  I do, however, reveal myself when you play a different Action card, and then something happens to me (the "something happens to me" part is to rule out things like Shanty Town and Menagerie).  That is, I am an Action card that is "triggered" by something else, even though I am not a Reaction card.  I think that's weird, which is why I'm making a puzzle out of it.  Maybe this card should really be a Reaction card, not sure.  And is there more than 1 answer?  (I can only think of 1 answer.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:40:03 pm by Dingan »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »
+1

I am an Action card.  I am in your hand.  I am NOT a Reaction card.  I do, however, reveal myself when you play a different Action card, and then something happens to me (the "something happens to me" part is to rule out things like Shanty Town and Menagerie).  That is, I am an Action card that is "triggered" by something else, even though I am not a Reaction card.  I think that's weird, which is why I'm making a puzzle out of it.  Maybe this card should really be a Reaction card, not sure.  And is there more than 1 answer?  (I can only think of 1 answer.)

Treasure Map?  Though it is technically not revealed, and it's not so much being triggered as it is part of the resolution of the first Treasure Map.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2015, 06:42:43 am »

Any action card that can be returned to the supply by Ambassador?

Probably not your intended solution though.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.