Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18  All

Author Topic: What Card Am I?  (Read 123315 times)

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
Re: What Card Am I?
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2014, 08:21:05 am »
+1

(2) I am an Attack card, but you cannot ever play me.  What am I?
Knights (The randomizer card)?

Edit: It is not limited to Knights, if this work the randomizer for all other attack would also work.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:24:33 am by Gveoniz »

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2014, 08:23:06 am »

(1) I am not a Reaction card, but I can be revealed just like one.  That is, I am triggered at times when I am not visible to all players.  What am I?
Bane card?

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2014, 08:25:04 am »

(2) I am an Attack card, but you cannot ever play me.  What am I?
Knights (The randomizer card)?
Yes!
http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/9/9a/Knights.jpg

(1) I am not a Reaction card, but I can be revealed just like one.  That is, I am triggered at times when I am not visible to all players.  What am I?
Bane card?
Yes!

Boy, yall are good.  I'm trying to make these hard!!

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2014, 08:45:32 am »
+1

(1) I realize now that my wording was unclear.  You are right in that all of those would work with the wording I chose.  But none of them are what I was thinking.  Here is my attempt to clarify (which still might not be absolutely clear, but I'll try): I am triggered by another player playing a card.  Upon this trigger, you may or may not reveal me (I'm pretty sure this fits the definition of the Reaction card).  I think this rules out everything you mentioned.

Revealing (or not) Province for opponent's Tournament works.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2014, 09:20:21 am »

(1) I realize now that my wording was unclear.  You are right in that all of those would work with the wording I chose.  But none of them are what I was thinking.  Here is my attempt to clarify (which still might not be absolutely clear, but I'll try): I am triggered by another player playing a card.  Upon this trigger, you may or may not reveal me (I'm pretty sure this fits the definition of the Reaction card).  I think this rules out everything you mentioned.

Revealing (or not) Province for opponent's Tournament works.

I actually think neither that or a Bane technically works for the clarified wording, because no card is triggered, and nothing special happens when your opponent plays the Young Witch or the Tournament (but after he has gotten +1 action or +2 cards and discarded 2 cards). Though being technically correct hasn't traditionally been an issue in this thread. If Bane and Province work, then arguably Curse should work too because of Mountebank and any card should work because of Torturer, Bishop, Governor and Vault, since Market Square is revealed by discarding it and Fool's Gold is revealed by trashing it and those are Reactions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:22:05 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2014, 09:26:35 am »

I actually think neither that or a Bane technically works for the clarified wording, because no card is triggered, and nothing special happens when your opponent plays the Young Witch or the Tournament (but after he has gotten +1 action or +2 cards and discarded 2 cards). Though being technically correct hasn't traditionally been an issue in this thread. If Bane and Province work, then arguably Curse should work too because of Mountebank and any card should work because of Torturer, Bishop, Governor and Vault, since Market Square is revealed by discarding it and Fool's Gold is revealed by trashing it and those are Reactions.

I guess it is not so much of a stretch to request "reveal" to be actually mentioned in the card. Nowhere does it say that all Reactions should count as revealable.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2014, 09:42:48 am »

I guess it is not so much of a stretch to request "reveal" to be actually mentioned in the card. Nowhere does it say that all Reactions should count as revealable.

How about this:
I am (a) all of that, and (b) I am the Bane card.  What card am I?

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2014, 09:46:55 am »

Just for funzies:

I am 3 cards.  What am I?

Answer: I am (1) myself, and (2) the named Contraband card, and (3) the Bane card.

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2014, 04:55:13 pm »

Tournament's Bane is Province. I don't see any way a Bane or a Province could be considered any more Reaction-like than the other.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2014, 08:24:29 pm »

Tournament's Bane is Province. I don't see any way a Bane or a Province could be considered any more Reaction-like than the other.
Or Curse for Mountebank, as already mentioned.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

I am an action card.  When you play me, you immediately get +$X, where X is as a direct result of playing this action card, not from gaining treasure cards via consequences of this action card.  For example, if you play a Swindler, X is 2.  Or if you play a Salvager to trash an Estate, X is 2 (assuming the Estate costs 2 at the time).  X must come from the action itself, not from getting treasure cards from a result of the action -- e.g. if you play a Smithy and pick up 3 silvers, X is not 6 - it would be 0.  Also, if you had 4 coppers and a Coppersmith, playing the Coppersmith doesn't immediately give you any coins, so X would also be 0 in that case.  You may or may not get other stuff besides the +$X (+buys, +cards, etc.) when you play me.  X is the greatest that it can be, for any action cards.  What am I?  Assume anything can be in your hand, the supply, the trash, etc.  Also to clarify, if say you Thrown Room a Swindler, X would be 0 for the Thrown Room and 2 for each of the Swindlers (I'm not sure how Goko would actually calculate this, but lets say it works this way for the sake of simplicity).  Also, as always, no shenanigans (Possesion, etc.).

Bonus: What is X?

Note: I don't know what the answer is.  I have a hunch as to what it is, but am curious to see what people come up with.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:04:19 pm by Dingan »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »

Hm, isn't it just Salvager?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »

Isn't it just Vault?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2015, 12:12:51 pm »

Oh, right, Vault can give more.  Or Secret Chamber.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »

Isn't it just Vault?
Ah, right.  I forgot about Vault and Secret Chamber.  Yeah I'm pretty sure those are it, unless someone can come up with something better.

Follow up question: What would it be if it were the only card in your hand at the time?  I.e. Vault would only give you up to 2 coins.  And what would X be?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »
+4

Actually it's not even Vault. It's Pirate Ship, there's no limit to how high it can get when Rogue is in the kingdom.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »

So Pirate Ship was probably missed too... excluding that infinite solution, Forager can get up to $13 $14 without Black Market in the kingdom, and up to however many kingdom treasures exist (I'm too lazy to go count) + $5 with it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:34:06 pm by Deadlock39 »

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2015, 03:23:00 pm »
+2

Band of misfits :D

Pneumatiker

• Swindler
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »

Forager can get up to $13 without Black Market in the kingdom

Forager can get up to 14$. Philosopher's Stone adds the potion to the kingdom.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

You are correct... I had Potion and Phil Stone in my list, but managed to somehow miscount the cards.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 07, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2015, 08:07:53 am »

You are correct... I had Potion and Phil Stone in my list, but managed to somehow miscount the cards.
Don't forget Diadem.  Did you count that?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2015, 10:18:23 am »

Diadem requires replacing a kingdom slot with Tournament, so it doesn't increase the value.  Black Market allows you to get all existing Kingdom Treasures into the game.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2015, 11:23:39 am »

Diadem requires replacing a kingdom slot with Tournament, so it doesn't increase the value.  Black Market allows you to get all existing Kingdom Treasures into the game.
Put Tournament in the Black Market deck?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:51 am »

Oof... I am not communicating very well it seems.

I commented on the max value of Forager without Black Market because you can obviously get every unique Treasure in the game if you use it.  I miscounted it at $13 instead of $14 originally (Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Potion + Kingdom with Phil Stone, Forager, 8 other Kingdom treasures). Tournament/Diadem can't improve this one.

No one in this thread counted the value using Black Market because I was too lazy to go open the all cards list.  The thread linked by florrat says $23, which seems reasonable.  I don't know if they remembered to count Diadem.

Edit: It is $24, but I don't think they missed Diadem, because it appears that thread was before Masterpiece.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:03:38 pm by Deadlock39 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.