Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Loath Goko's interface  (Read 1560 times)

IanP

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Loath Goko's interface
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:48:34 pm »
+3

Played too many times on Goko now.  First, I've seen people mixing up the cards when buying because of how they move around between the layout when colonies are there or not (somehow I managed to buy a copper when seeking a silver).

Then there is the time lag..  Someone plays a combo...  SLOWLY.  Suddenly, your cards flash (there is no sound).  You wake up and resume playing...  trashing your Kings Court.  :-(  Ah-ha, yell the Goko freaks, there is that flashing around the cards that is there intermittently.  It's yellow, blue or green - if you are not colour blind, you'll understand this.  :-/

But, how many people are thinking, is it blue, yellow or red, rather than, it's my turn...  And how many people read the text?  It's rather small text on my screen.

To play Dominion on Goko requires a lot of patience.  It's possible that you opponent is looking for, waiting for and then eventually reading that text.  No more 3 minute games as on Isotropic...  No more intuitive play, you have to read and watch closely - every second. 

Ahgh, and how do you see what you opponent is buying if you blink?  Click a box and see the text, then click another box to close the text window - all takes time.  Isotropics showing of the previous turn or two was so much better, plus you don't have the potential for people to be counting cards by referring back....

Goko has flash graphics, but I want to be thinking about the GAME, DOMINION, not about the Goko interface when I'm playing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Loath Goko's interface
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:37:22 pm »

You should install the browser extension, it displays the log on the side of the screen at all times.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »

Goko is basically unplayable without the extension to read what's going on. Other features include automatch and a point counter amongst a few other things.

Check it out here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:10:28 pm by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

This should probably be in the Dominion Online subsection of this forum. Apart from that, I agree with you.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.