Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): liopoil's turn  (Read 67577 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): Walrus's turn
« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

Cool, so it passes then 6/10 then? If so, I declare it to be scott_pilgrim's turn

Proximity between E12 and E13
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 04, 2014, 06:51:35 pm »

Proximity between I7 and I6

Sorry Volt, but you didn't accept my offer on your turn...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 04, 2014, 11:34:21 pm »

I'll update scores after his turn is done.

Move G8 to G9
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:34 am »

Who updates food and skill?

My instinct would be Cartographer, since we're currently tracking them on the map.

Not really sure where skill is tracked at all. And my job is "map and other related stuff", not really sure that unit stats go into that, we can get another guy for that :P. I can do it for now..

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 06, 2014, 12:04:27 am »

Assign Unit at K11 to Farmer class
Unit at K11: Raise Skill to level 1. Pay $N25
Proximity between K11 and J10

I'm not really sure what I want to do with my turn.  Farmers seem broken now that we can score proximity points on every player's turn, but I don't have much incentive to fix that since I'm the first one to get a farmer.  Maybe I could add a way to get food, but that would probably involve further buffing farmers, which might not go over well.  Maybe adding a shelter requirement and a class that can build houses?  The intent would be that maybe 2-4 players or so would go for the carpenter class, then sell/rent out houses to other players and make money that way, while maybe other players (after farmers are changed to give players food instead of just points, since that will probably happen) make money selling food.

Okay now I'm coming up with ideas, let's try something like this:

At the end of the meteorologist's turn, he rolls one D5; the result will be called the weather intensity.  The player before the current meteorologist in the turn order becomes the new meteorologist (and the previous meteorologist no longer keeps that title).  At the end of a player's turn, any of his units which is not inside a house of protection level greater than or equal to the weather intensity dies and is removed from the board; unless the weather intensity is 1, in which case all units are safe.  If the weather intensity does not already have a value, it is assigned the value 1.  If no meteorologist exists, WalrusMcFishSr becomes the meteorologist (choosing him because he has the last turn before me so that gives us time to prepare).

(Maybe as a separate rule number:) "Carpenter" is a class that can be assigned to units.  A unit with the carpenter class can post the bold command "Build house at XX" to build a house with protection level 2 at XX, where XX denotes a position on the board.  Additionally, a carpenter can post the bold command "Upgrade house at XX" to increase the protection level of the house by 1.  The number of IP's and Nomic Dollars that building/upgrading a house costs is dependent on the Carpenter's skill level, as shown in the following table: [I would come up with numbers here if we were going to do this proposal].

So I think that's clear, is that something people would like?  Basically every n-1 turns, the weather changes, where n is the current number of players.  I don't want it to change on the same person's turn every time because I expect it will be harder for people going immediately after the meteorologist (anyone have a better word for that role?) to find shelter right away.  Also, having units die as a result of not meeting shelter requirements is probably too harsh.  Maybe instead the player just loses VP or money or something?

Or is there something simpler I should be doing with my turn?  Did we ever end up doing the "pay N$10 for a fifth IP, N$20 for a sixth, etc." thing?  That was something I wanted that I think we could do if we didn't do it already (I haven't been following along too closely)...

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): S_P's turn
« Reply #655 on: May 08, 2014, 08:09:33 am »

They sound like good ideas to me.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 08, 2014, 11:41:11 am »

I sort of like the house/weather idea, but if it were me, I would try to fix up food production first. We already have a way for units to get wiped off the map and currently way to prevent it.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 08, 2014, 11:41:29 am »

*no way

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 08, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »

Okay, well I'll just go with this and assume someone else will buff soldiers soon:

Draft Proposal 365:

If a player has a unit with the farmer class on the board, he may spend 1 IP and post the command "Harvest at XX".  If he does, then his farmer unit at XX gains y food into his inventory, and the player pays N$z, where y and z are determined by the farmer's skill level, as determined by the following table:

Code: [Select]
Skill Level     y (amount of food)     z (cost in N$)
1 (or less)     0                      0
2               1                      80
3               1                      50
4               1                      30
5               1                      20
6               1                      10
7               2                      25
8               2                      10
9               3                      15
10              4                      15
11              5                      20
12 (or greater) 5                      0

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 09, 2014, 05:13:47 pm »

I'm not sure what I want this game to be, personally, so this comment might not be super-useful, but "worker placement game" definitely isn't it. I may start being "that guy" and voting everything that's simply adding layers of unit complexity down.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 09, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »

I'm not sure what I want this game to be, personally, so this comment might not be super-useful, but "worker placement game" definitely isn't it. I may start being "that guy" and voting everything that's simply adding layers of unit complexity down.

I mean yeah, I don't want to make the game super-complicated, but we have a food system in place already with no way to get food, and if we don't fix that we just end up removing all our pieces from the board.  I'm assuming the fix isn't going to be to remove the food rule, because if it got voted for in the first place, that means people must like it (maybe they've changed their minds), so I feel like the fix is to actually do something with the food.  I proposed what I think is the simplest fix, which is to use something we already have in place (farmers) to provide the food.

The whole point of the game is to add stuff every turn.  I don't see how you will ever vote for a proposal if you're worried it will add stuff.  What kind of proposal would you vote for?

Also, I don't think this is turning into a worker placement game at all...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2014, 08:43:32 pm »

So...I'd be a fan of some drastic streamlining.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

Otherwise I guess I'll end the turn soon?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »

Scrap everything, reboot as a Where's Waldo variant

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 12, 2014, 09:55:27 pm »

Sorry, I forgot about this.  Since I have no feedback (other than from Voltaire, who I'm not sure how I could satisfy anyway), I guess I'll just propose it as is:

Proposal 365:

If a player has a unit with the farmer class on the board, he may spend 1 IP and post the command "Harvest at XX".  If he does, then his farmer unit at XX gains y food into his inventory, and the player pays N$z, where y and z are determined by the farmer's skill level, as determined by the following table:

Code: [Select]
Skill Level     y (amount of food)     z (cost in N$)
1 (or less)     0                      0
2               1                      80
3               1                      50
4               1                      30
5               1                      20
6               1                      10
7               2                      25
8               2                      10
9               3                      15
10              4                      15
11              5                      20
12 (or greater) 5                      0

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:03 am »

I should have 12 points.

I had 10 originally from no-voting early and I also did proximity between me and Jimm on one of my turns.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 13, 2014, 08:13:41 am »

Vote: Yes on 365
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:07 am »

I should have 12 points.

I had 10 originally from no-voting early and I also did proximity between me and Jimm on one of my turns.
I'll update things when I get home.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2014, 01:01:32 pm »

This is a late response to Walrus's question, but creating a unit and assigning to a class costs 1 IP EACH.  I think he may have spent more, but I propose that since his turn is over, it stays as is. 

The map needs to reflect the attribute levels of the units in addition to their class.

assign unit at E13 to soldier class.
raise skill level of unit at E13 to 1.  Pay $N25

Walrus - now we need to coordinate if we want to get our boxes.

edited to include payment
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:03:22 pm by EFHW »

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

I think Walrus and I should have proximity points from his turn.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2014, 01:04:28 pm »

Vote: Yes on 365

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2014, 01:10:53 pm »

I think Walrus and I should have proximity points from his turn.

nvm, he can't use IP's get proximity points on the same turn that he created the unit.  Could I still have used an IP to get proximity with him, and would he then get the 1 point?

I think we need to iron out some of the details about getting and using IPs on someone else's turn.  Is there a maximum number?  With this many players, we will be getting many more than 4 IPs from one turn to the next.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »

last post for now, I promise: we need a column for IP's in the stats worksheet. 

Also, since the officers get N$10 each round, I think we need a system for often elections are held and maybe term limits.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 13, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Vote: Yes on Rule 365

Now all I need is a farmer somehow. Or I'll totally be a sweet mercenary if you trade me food.

EFHW, I appreciate the militarism, but do you have enough IPs to do that? Don't we all only have 1 IP since last turn? Any points unspent during your turn EFHW should have been erased.

I did not proximity with you on my turn because it was not allowed, but I did this turn, so I believe we should have points from that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »

There have been 2 completed turns since mine - Grujah and you, so I should have 2 IPs to spend.  Am I misinterpreting something?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30  All

Page created in 1.784 seconds with 20 queries.