Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 130455 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #900 on: April 13, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

This and the RMM game are my first experiences eith third parties so I don't know how much help I'm gonna be. Sorry in advance.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 13, 2014, 02:44:20 pm »

this game is rediculous
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 13, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »

It was an interesting plan, boy did it work out badly for him.

Axxle, why did you take 1-shot Bus driver?

We're in pretty good shape, by finding the SK is going to be tough.
Because fruit vender is too overpowered. I don't want to be responsible for breaking the game.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 13, 2014, 02:53:54 pm »

And here's a thought: Did our Serial Killer seek the conversion PRs? He should have. We know he didn't get them. Theoretically, that clears everyone in the same slot as an SK PR.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 13, 2014, 03:07:52 pm »

I bus drove robz and ash last night to try save ash. Welp.

Oh, and thanks for trying to get me killed. Not! Why me?
You were the first name I thought of when trying to think of who isn't obv town this game. Still very vla so didn't have a lot of time to submit the night action.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 13, 2014, 03:13:32 pm »

And here's a thought: Did our Serial Killer seek the conversion PRs? He should have. We know he didn't get them. Theoretically, that clears everyone in the same slot as an SK PR.

We need to talk about this.

Nobody bid on slots except for the Slot 9 person (who may or may not be town).

Yet Robz, and at least one other person (I forget off the top of my head) has claimed/implied that they bid on a slot. I want to hear what people think about this.

The game is now basically find the 1 scum in 9 with an unknown set of PRs, so we have extremely good odds. That said, there can be a max of 3 PRs remaining in the game, and there is no guarantee that the SK does not have a PR themselves (in addition to their 1-shot BP). Town may have 0-3 PRs remaining.

We also need to throw away all the town cred we've been giving people. The SK was helping us find mafia - there's a higher chance they're someone we considered super-town before yesterday, I would actually say.

I'm interested in hearing feedback on Robz's idea of having any potential PRs that share slots with a SK-conversion claim. Those would be Slots 3, 7, and 8. I think it is a good idea. If someone from slots 3 (ash) or 8 (ADK) claims, we know that person is Slot 9 or ash/ADK was. This would also mean that if the SK tried to lie about this and Slot 9 is held by town, we could catch them in a lie.

Of course, there's also a possibility no-one got Slot 9. There's also the chance there aren't any PRs left.

Also, in case anyone hasn't realized it, I'm 100% IC now. The 1% scenarios where I'm scum no longer exist.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 13, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »

can't we mass claim which means that sk has to claim vt, or else we lynch what doesn't make sense. Then assuming sk claims vt, we lynch all the vt's? assuming we have volt IC and a few pr's who become IC's then were set. oh but sk can claim his real role becaus it could be anything, nevermind mass claim does us no good
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 13, 2014, 03:45:32 pm »

And we can't necessarily lynch off what doesn't "make sense" - maybe Axxle is town and chose bus driver to keep it from the mafia.

Ash clearly chose mafia cop to keep it from town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 13, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

What are you talking about? We bid of a sort. We had draft orders and then got to pick what we wanted and the highest draftee for each slot got the PR. Am I wrong about how it worked?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 13, 2014, 04:54:07 pm »

What are you talking about? We bid of a sort. We had draft orders and then got to pick what we wanted and the highest draftee for each slot got the PR. Am I wrong about how it worked?

We bid numbers, that determined the order. One we were told our order, we each bid on a PR or on Slot 9. Only one PR from each slot could be given out, but we did not bid on a slot, find out we won it, and then pick among 3 PRs, as you have said.

Bidding for roles:

Once the draft order has been determined, each player PM's the moderator of the game with the role they'd like to be (or "Slot 9"). Roles are unisex, in the sense, that they can be selected by Mafia, Town or the SK. Exemptions are the "convert SK" roles (may only be taken by the SK), and the Ninja and Strongman modifiers (may only be taken by non-town). So, it's possible to have a Mafia 1-Shot Vig or a Town 1-Shot Vig, and so on. Only one role from each slot will be awarded.

Basically, Robz, you've slot-9 slipped for a very long time and at this point I guess there's no dancing around it anymore, especially since I'm pretty sure they already know and tried to kill you.

And I have a running history of screaming "NOBODY TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT PLAYER X IS A PR" so just add this game to that list.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 13, 2014, 04:55:04 pm »

If you are town and are slot 9, I don't think you should claim your PR right now, btw.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »

Voltaire, you are right, but I never meant to imply otherwise. I have used slot/PR interchangeably, probaby in a confusing way.

I will have more to say later today when I get to a computer.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 13, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »

Cool cool.

This is why I was against lynching Robz D1, btw. Energized, participating Robz means he's either a PR or scum. Of course, in this game it is also possible Robz is a SK with a PR.  :P

Anybody have any thoughts on how to move forward?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 13, 2014, 08:07:49 pm »

Well... I think it's better if I don't say anything. I can't come up with a good reason to confirm or deny Voltaire's suggestion of my role. Do you disagree, Volt?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 13, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

that was such an unexpected night turn out.

in an SK-hunting re-read, what are we looking for exactly?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 13, 2014, 11:54:01 pm »

that was such an unexpected night turn out.

in an SK-hunting re-read, what are we looking for exactly?

I have absolutely no idea. We may want to treat this as though it were D1. I'm open to other ideas.

Well... I think it's better if I don't say anything. I can't come up with a good reason to confirm or deny Voltaire's suggestion of my role. Do you disagree, Volt?

I mean, you can say what you want. At some point, I may really want to lynch you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 14, 2014, 12:30:04 am »

Yea... actually, I can clear myself, basically.

I got to draft first. I outsmarted you all! I picked the number three, correctly guessing that would be the highest unique. It was, and I got the highest draft position.

I mean, I guess you can think whatever you want, but if I were the Serial Killer with draft position one, I would have been able to guarantee myself one of the conversions, which I absolutely would have taken. It's the correct move for the SK, and I want to win.

Since I had draft position one, and we have an active Serial Killer, I think I am reasonably cleared.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Signups open!)
« Reply #917 on: April 14, 2014, 01:21:08 am »

There's still WIFOM, maybe you thought if you stayed SK with first draft you could convince us all that you were town because why wouldn't you convert yourself with first draft (plus you still get a good PR).  But anyway I'm very sure now that you're town and I won't consider lynching you any time soon.

I have no idea how we catch the SK now, I think this is my first game with more than two parties, and it seems like it would be easy to blend in with the town in scumhunting.  So I guess I see what Voltaire means when he says we need to treat this as D1 because we don't yet have any cases of the SK trying to push for a mislynch.

I don't think a massclaim is totally unreasonable here but I expect it to hurt more than it helps, but it's still something to keep in mind for later days.  Looking at the set-up if no one took slot 9 we would have the following slots left:

Slot 1: Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful OR Strongman
Slot 2: 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owner OR 1-shot Lynchproof OR 1-shot Commuter
Slot 5: Doctor OR Roleblocker OR 1-shot Alignment Cop
Slot 7: Neighborizer OR 1-shot Bulletproof OR Convert Serial Killer to Lover

So I thought I was going to come up with something helpful from that but I guess not.  But anyway there it is.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2014, 03:24:27 am »

Am I the only one who would not convert from sk? Scum is fun.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2014, 10:29:02 am »

Am I the only one who would not convert from sk? Scum is fun.

No, I'd keep it and try to win. Absolutely. Pick the best possible role.

I actually think Robz is even scummier now.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 14, 2014, 10:46:37 am »

That's what you would do. Me, I care most about winning and having a winning record. You can ask my brother. Mcmc will testify that I always take the surest path toward victory, rather than worry about style. (Maybe you could tell them about Leaderslayer.)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 14, 2014, 12:05:21 pm »

That's what you would do. Me, I care most about winning and having a winning record. You can ask my brother. Mcmc will testify that I always take the surest path toward victory, rather than worry about style. (Maybe you could tell them about Leaderslayer.)

Robz would in fact go for conversion 100% of the time, sk's win rate is garbage.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 14, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »

vote: mailmi
He's the only person I don't remember being in this game, good candidate for sk

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »

Robz would in fact go for conversion 100% of the time, sk's win rate is garbage.
i believe it, robz should stop assuming everyone would though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:48 pm »

Well, I find it highly likely that our SK is a VT who went after a conversion and didn't get it.

Maybe we should massclaim.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61  All

Page created in 2.259 seconds with 19 queries.