Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Passing by saying Hello  (Read 1627 times)

FaalZ

• Pawn
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Passing by saying Hello
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:27:40 pm »
+8

Hello everyone, this is FaalZ speaking. I´ve discovered the wonders of Dominion via the majestically misused network that is our internet via Dominion Online. I´m a big fan of collectible games, card games and strategy games, and Dominion slipped under my radar because I can personally not adquire such board games from where i fare, I´m afraid. Therefore, I´m late to this party, and boy, did i not made up for lost time.

I like to study my subjects before i tackle them, so after loitering and losing a lot in the beggining adventures by being the Village Idiot, I started to study the game, its mechanics, some very important terms such as terminals and openings that unclogged me from being curbstomped by an AI. Fun times, but of course, the lack of content post base set bored me after a while. I already plan to buy the expansions (a bargain for someone who doesn´t own the real thing), but for the moment, that was unachievable. So I went to try out a real match before thinking on sinking money on this jig

The lack of matchmaking deterred me from multiplayer for a while, but after I found some matches where i got to to try out the expansions, I certainly found my new home. I already experienced more thrills than I´ve ever had from a board game. I´ve cut colonies short with Dukes, laughed at the face of torture with Jack-Of-All-Trades, bewitched my way out of a three way conflict, achieved a landslide victory with Highways and Candlesticks, Rebuild the land where Rats led me and commanded Golems to build multiple provinces simultaneously. It´s been a wild ride, and I´m not going to cut it short.

It´s a pleasure to meet you all as the hyped newb of the day

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Re: Passing by saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »

You should get the browser extension (I'm too lazy to link to it now, it's in the dominion online section).  It has matchmaking.

You should check out the Forum Games (I'm too lazy to link to it now, it's at the bottom)!!!  ;D ;D ;D
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »
+1

Forum games are really boring. Don't let them fool you! But definitely get the extension. It's called Goko Salvager.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »
+2

Forum games are really boring. Don't let them fool you! But definitely get the extension. It's called Goko Salvager.

Don't let KingZog fool you about Forum Games!  But definitely listen to him about the extension.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:29:15 pm »
+1

This is the link where you can find stuff about the extension.

And forum games can be pretty cool, but don't forget to check out all the articles and stuff we have here on the forum.  Here is a link to where you can find all the articles that have been made for a bunch of cards.  Here is a good list with a bunch of combos and counters articles linked there.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.734 seconds with 21 queries.