Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Signups start April 12th  (Read 3992 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Signups start April 12th
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:38:51 pm »
+8

The signups will start in one week from now, Saturday April 12th.
At that moment I will copy the Isotropish Leaderboard for initial seeding of the League, so make sure to rise those couple of extra levels this week if you think you're up to it.

The actual league will start after the finals of Gokodom 3.
Join the Dominion League!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Signups start April 12th
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:22 pm »

I've been partially following the discussion of the league - I think it's an awesome idea but I haven't been playing much recently. Is it set up in a way that I could join in a couple of months as I begin to play more often? Or is it a commitment of time and this is my best opportunity to sign up for quite a while?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

How about using GokoDom instead of Isotropish for seeding? Or both?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »
+2

Not everyone is participating in GokoDom.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:44:48 pm »
+1

Not everyone is participating in GokoDom.

I would just associate each person not participating with the average performance of the participants immediately above and below they in Isotropish, or some trick like that. My point is, Isotropish measues all games, GokoDom measures tournament games. Since the league is a tournament, I think the latter is more relevant. I find it likely that people play with different levels of attention on tournaments and on everyday matches (I know I do, but I suppose it can be true for a good number of other people), so Isotropish is a reasonable seed when you need SOME, but GokoDom feels better. An even better option, but I have the feeling people won't like it (it means a bit more work for the organizers as well), would be to have a first season with random assignment and no "categories", having the first positioned of each group to go to debut in the top category, 2nd and 3rd places debut in the 2nd categorie, and so on...

BTW, anyone joining after the initial season will go to the bottom category, right?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »
+9

Isotropish measures far more games: typically hundreds, rather than Gokodom's at most 6 per round.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:38 pm »

I've been partially following the discussion of the league - I think it's an awesome idea but I haven't been playing much recently. Is it set up in a way that I could join in a couple of months as I begin to play more often? Or is it a commitment of time and this is my best opportunity to sign up for quite a while?
Every season takes about 7 weeks, so I assume there will be a small sign-up again 5-6 weeks after the start of the league for people who want to join in season 2.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 03:09:41 pm »

Every season takes about 7 weeks, so I assume there will be a small sign-up again 5-6 weeks after the start of the league for people who want to join in season 2.

Thank you!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »
+2

You can join the league at the start of any season (7 week periods).
However, if you join later, you will most likely be placed in one of the bottom divisions, and you'll have to fight your way up.
So if you think you're good and your Isotropish rank reflects that... this is definitely the best opportunity to join.

If nobody would ever leave the league, everyone joining later would be placed at the bottom. People will leave though, and we will find a way to fill that spot.
It could be with someone sitting out for a season, with a free promotion to someone ending 2nd, or to a new high-ranked player. Whatever seems fair at that point.
I don't like inserting people in the top division out of nowhere, but in the end the League is supposed to be fun and making a top-ranked player join in the bottom division is fun for exactly nobody.

Isotropish measures far more games: typically hundreds, rather than Gokodom's at most 6 per round.
Yes. That's exactly why we're seeding with Isotropish.
Join the Dominion League!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 01:45:20 am »
+3

Today's the day!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.