Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Any interest in an IRC channel?  (Read 2390 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Any interest in an IRC channel?
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:33:41 pm »
+3

(For those not familiar, IRC is internet relay chat, popular clients for it being my favorite, Mirc and Mibbit.

I thought it might be good for arranging games / discussing streams / talking about Ozle behind his back.  I personally have used IRC every day to chat with online friends since discovering it in the 90s, and thought the stripped-down nature of it would appeal to the folks who liked isotropic.

As an experiment, I'll have the channel #dominionstrategy open on irc.esper.net for a few days.  Join the chat if you are interested.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest in an IRC channel?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

Sounds interesting? Is this like talking into a mic? Or just typing? And do I have to download anything? I would check myself but I have a dinner to get to right now...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

It's just typing. You can use a downloaded IRC client, or you can find IRC channels embedded in websites, not sure what a good one to start with would be but you know, it's possible.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:07 pm »

Sounds interesting? Is this like talking into a mic? Or just typing? And do I have to download anything? I would check myself but I have a dinner to get to right now...
Just typing. You don't have to download anything if you don't want to, you can use this for example, but downloading an IRC client is much more convenient. I recommend ThrashIRC.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:43 pm »

Yeah, the only real learning curve is figuring out how to connect I guess, which varies by IRC client. Once you've connected to a network (in this case Espernet) you have to type /join #dominionstrategy to enter the room.  After that, it's all text and basic commands that are easy to google. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:10 pm »

Cool. I'll look into it when gokodom starts.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 02:32:25 am »

There exist(ed?) Councilroom@freenode.org (net?), and extrapolating from the usge of this the interest is very low.
But maybe a new attempt will help.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 04:11:59 am »

(For those not familiar, IRC is internet relay chat, popular clients for it being my favorite, Mirc and Mibbit.

I thought it might be good for arranging games / discussing streams / talking about Ozle behind his back.  I personally have used IRC every day to chat with online friends since discovering it in the 90s, and thought the stripped-down nature of it would appeal to the folks who liked isotropic.

As an experiment, I'll have the channel #dominionstrategy open on irc.esper.net for a few days.  Join the chat if you are interested.
I'll join if it has a trivia bot.  ;D

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Ratsia

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +113
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:16 am »

I guess you can use Awaclus as one.

There are now five people on the channel and even some chatting has been observed.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:32:55 am »

You're welcome to create one if you know how.  I've never done it myself.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:43 am »

You're welcome to create one if you know how.  I've never done it myself.
No clue, I've only joined channels with them, not added one myself.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.969 seconds with 21 queries.