Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trash almost all cards  (Read 10275 times)

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Trash almost all cards
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 10:20:46 pm »

For all of these, if I need a large hand size. I played BoM (as Procession) -> Procession chain -> Wharf's last turn, so that I get a large hand, a lot of buys. This turn I can play the BoM as any self trasher (e.g. Feast) to get rid of it.

Solution for Province (requires an opponent):
As usual gain all the card in the supply except for Province using Feast, BoM, MV and trashing all of them with WT.
Supply: Province, Hand: WT, Dame Anna
Play Dame Anna, trash WT, opponent has trashed his deck to contain 1 knight, so that Anna is trashed.
Buy Province with coin tokens.

Black Market: Play lots of different treasures, then Counterfeit->HOP to gain the rest of the supply (including Province). Buy Mint from Black Market, trash all treasures. Trash all gained cards with WT. Play Hermit, trash WT. Skip buy phase, Hermit is trashed and Mad Man pile empty. Btw Does buying from the Black Market count as buying for the purpose of Hermit? Otherwise use the Dame Anna trick as above.

The Dame Anna trick works also with all gainers that upgrade to 8, e.g. Remodel Gold -> Province, gain the rest of the supply with Feast, MV, BoM. Trash all gained cards with WT. Finally, Dame Anna trashes itself and WT (and the opponent knight).
Yes, AFAIK buying cards from the BM-deck do count for whether you trash your Hermit. But that is a good point, I also had Black Market as a solution using HoP+Mint+Hermit to gain at least a Province. But if you have to do that in single player, you need to trash with Hermit (which is the only card which can trash itself AND another card Death card can only do this when it is played multiple times (via TR, KC or Proc), but that's not possible here), so you can't buy any cards... Mandarin can but the treasures on your deck, but Hermits can't trash treasures (and you can't buy Doctor, because you can't buy anything if you want to self-trash Hermit). So I think Black Market only works in multiplayer. Interesting!

The Province solution can be done with Hermit though, in the puzzle statement I didn't say the last card had to be in your deck, it can be anywhere, so you don't have to buy the last Province.

And yes, your last paragraph gives 10 more solutions: Remodel, Upgrade, Expand, Remake, Butcher, Develop, Forge, Governor, Graverobber and Rebuild. This gives all solutions I had.

First, you don't have an opponent.  Second, what about the cards in your opponent's hand?  One way to maybe arrange this would be for your opponent to trash down to one knight, then Possess her and have her trash her knight while Possessed.  Then during your turn she will have an empty hand and just a knight in her discard.  But you'll have to do something with your Possession.
In the puzzle I did specify you could have opponents if you want to (I thought it didn't matter). Solitaire solutions are "better", though.

Good point that Dame Anna doesn't work directly. Your fix doesn't work either though: she will have the knight in her discard during her own turn, at the clean up of that turn she will draw the knight as normally.

Two possible solutions though:
-(without possession) Opponent had 5 Fool's Gold in his hand (and you first gained the last gold, then the last province, where your opponent trashes all FGs)

-(very convoluted with possession) Your opponent has a three-card deck: Possession+Knight+Scout and you have everything you need for your last 2 turns+Possession+Saboteur+Torturer+Knight.
(1) Your opponent possesses you in her normal turn.
(2) In your possessed turn you play BoM-as-Procession->Procession chain->Wharves + Torturer + Saboteur + Possession. The Torturer will discard all opponents cards, and trash Possession+Scout (gaining no replacements)
(3) Then you possess your opponent twice. In the first turn you do nothing, in the second turn you play Knight, trash your own Knight, and set aside opponents knight. During clean-up your opponent draws nothing, so she will only have a Knight in his discard.
(4) Do your usual last turn, using Dame Anna.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

oops, I must have confused the rules with a different puzzle.  carry on then.
Well you *do* need a signature...

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +71
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »
+2

Two possible solutions though:
-(without possession) Opponent had 5 Fool's Gold in his hand (and you first gained the last gold, then the last province, where your opponent trashes all FGs)

-(very convoluted with possession) Your opponent has a three-card deck: Possession+Knight+Scout and you have everything you need for your last 2 turns+Possession+Saboteur+Torturer+Knight.
(1) Your opponent possesses you in her normal turn.
(2) In your possessed turn you play BoM-as-Procession->Procession chain->Wharves + Torturer + Saboteur + Possession. The Torturer will discard all opponents cards, and trash Possession+Scout (gaining no replacements)
(3) Then you possess your opponent twice. In the first turn you do nothing, in the second turn you play Knight, trash your own Knight, and set aside opponents knight. During clean-up your opponent draws nothing, so she will only have a Knight in his discard.
(4) Do your usual last turn, using Dame Anna.
Another possiblity: Last turn, in addition to the usual Procession, Wharf stuff, I also played Outpost and Torturer, so that my opponent discarded his last card (knight), but will not redraw it until after my Outpost turn.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.