Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]  All

Author Topic: MXXXVIII: Super Mario Mafia: GAME OVER! Mafia win flawlessly!  (Read 107908 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVIII: Super Mario Mafia: World 4 [Day]
« Reply #1300 on: March 15, 2014, 04:07:25 am »

Wtf was up with that first rolestopping target when you knew there was a doc?

We also knew there was a cop.  By rolestopping Jim, if he was investigated, the Cop gets "no result" instead of "scum."  We used the strongman to kill Faust anyway.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 15, 2014, 04:10:05 am »

Wtf was up with that first rolestopping target when you knew there was a doc?

We also knew there was a cop.  By rolestopping Jim, if he was investigated, the Cop gets "no result" instead of "scum."  We used the strongman to kill Faust anyway.
Stop using logic......
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVIII: Super Mario Mafia: GAME OVER! Mafia win flawlessly!
« Reply #1302 on: March 15, 2014, 05:51:51 am »

I think there is a significant difference whether the dead town is lynched or night killed.

People don't reconsider their reads enough as the game progresses, I don't think. If there aren't obvious pr targets (there rarely should be!), if mafia is letting you live night after night (especially if you are active), it probably means they don't deem you as a big threat, which probably means your reads suck. Scum kills to eliminate players who are dangerous to them. Nightkilled town should be listened to more, and people should stop to wonder why they aren't dead if they are making lylo or close to lylo.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 15, 2014, 06:33:03 am »

Well, the only good thing about this game to me was that I apparently was considered enough of a threat to be night-killed N1.

I think the setup might be slightly favoring scum (especially the Rolestopper in addition to Godfatherer is crazy strong). But this town also did a bad job, and shouldn't blame the loss on the setup.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10:05 am »

I think the setup is fine.. Goodfather + Rolestopper is tough, but I had a lot of fun as cop to try to play around that, I liked that dynamic a lot.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: March 16, 2014, 10:12:32 pm »

Well, I think part of it the inability to lynch ash came from eevee/mcmc being unable to name the partners correctly.

I think they both had ADK pencilled as a partner (I thought so too) and openly said this. Now, that puts ADK in a bad spot -- he knows that even if ash is lynched, if he's next, then lynching ash ultimately didn't matter -- so he's forced to agree with ash in that case. This happened too in pirates, when robz was 100% right about galz but lost support by naming the wrong partners.

Naming the partner today doesn't do much if you can only lynch one scum a day, but it's a great way to push a fellow town to the wrong side. Not sure what the fix is, but it's a problem sometimes. It's great when it works (whatever game it wa robz/Yuma/Ichi) but it can really backfire.

Very astute.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 16, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »

Well, I think part of it the inability to lynch ash came from eevee/mcmc being unable to name the partners correctly.

I think they both had ADK pencilled as a partner (I thought so too) and openly said this. Now, that puts ADK in a bad spot -- he knows that even if ash is lynched, if he's next, then lynching ash ultimately didn't matter -- so he's forced to agree with ash in that case. This happened too in pirates, when robz was 100% right about galz but lost support by naming the wrong partners.

Naming the partner today doesn't do much if you can only lynch one scum a day, but it's a great way to push a fellow town to the wrong side. Not sure what the fix is, but it's a problem sometimes. It's great when it works (whatever game it wa robz/Yuma/Ichi) but it can really backfire.

Very astute.

I will also say, as scum, I was super happy with the wrong partner line of thinking.  Lynch me?  Fine.  You'll lynch the wrong partner eventually.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 16, 2014, 11:56:20 pm »

Yeah, I really did think--at least at first on the last day--that they were obviously going to wise up to you en masse, and your partners would bus with vigor, and then the town would still lose.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 17, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

Yeah, I really did think--at least at first on the last day--that they were obviously going to wise up to you en masse, and your partners would bus with vigor, and then the town would still lose.

I think generally speaking, they did wise up to me.  Or, at least, they realized that I was most likely bad.

But I can be very insistent and very persuasive, it seems.  It helped that you literally needed all of town to lynch me.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.