Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: DominionStrategy Championschips 2014  (Read 11618 times)

Leo1997

• Salvager
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Re: DominionStrategy Championschips 2014
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:27 am »

If there are to much countries, some countrys only get a half "tour card"

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:01 am »

Why i would split up America in North/Middle and South?

I want that there are players from Argentinia and Brasil, too, and not only from Canada and USA
Somehow, I don't think Canadian players will be filing many slots in the bracket at all, based on their turnout of the Dominion Team World Cup. Maybe because the Canadian population is only about 1/9th the American population?

I don't know. I don't see why it's necessary to go through all the trouble of balancing out preliminary brackets for all the continents. On the other hand, I can't think of a good reason why there shouldn't be such divisions. I guess it makes some sense because they'd be from the 65th-128th best players in the tourney?

I didn't play for Canada because it was the middle of term for me. Now I'm on break for a while and I have some time to play in this.
So was I. In hindsight, that did actually cause problems for me. Hopefully, if this happens it will be at a time where you're free.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:30 pm »

I want that there are players from Argentinia and Brasil, too, and not only from Canada and USA
Somehow, I don't think Canadian players will be filing many slots in the bracket at all, based on their turnout of the Dominion Team World Cup. Maybe because the Canadian population is only about 1/9th the American population?

I don't know. I don't see why it's necessary to go through all the trouble of balancing out preliminary brackets for all the continents. On the other hand, I can't think of a good reason why there shouldn't be such divisions. I guess it makes some sense because they'd be from the 65th-128th best players in the tourney?

I didn't play for Canada because it was the middle of term for me. Now I'm on break for a while and I have some time to play in this.
So was I. In hindsight, that did actually cause problems for me. Hopefully, if this happens it will be at a time where you're free.

Yeah. Even start of term is OK.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »

Yeah. Even start of term is OK.
Start of term is best case scenario for me, as I start my next semester on Monday. At any rate, I'll be keeping up with any news of Dominion tournaments.

Monsieur X

• Bishop
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:19 am »
+1

People here live all over the world and are unwilling to travel to another continent just to play some friendly games where nothing much can be won in terms of material gain.

Well... if Goko continues to be a big shit, maybe it'll be more easy to travel to Tuvalu to play a live tournament?

Leo1997

• Salvager
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 08:27:11 am »

When you pay the tickets  :)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »
+2

People here live all over the world and are unwilling to travel to another continent just to play some friendly games where nothing much can be won in terms of material gain.

Well... if Goko continues to be a big shit, maybe it'll be more easy to travel to Tuvalu to play a live tournament?

Please make sure you bring your own coconuts if you do!
Last people I had over to play Dominion were all very rude on that front...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.