Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Optimizing your level  (Read 33560 times)

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
Re: Optimizing your level
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2011, 12:28:18 pm »

This is so unimportant it's silly, but I think you're still missing my point. Say you decline a game with me because you need to leave, following your "rule 1." I, not knowing your reason for declining, might feel justified in declining future games with you on the basis of "rule 2." But once I invoke rule 2 against you, you will (not knowing my reason for declining) feel justified invoking rule 2 against me -- even if by that point I have forgotten your past misconduct (;)) and am willing to play with you.  I'm not suggesting you should act otherwise; I'm just noting the potential for an absurd result.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Optimizing your level
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2011, 02:17:09 pm »

This is so unimportant it's silly, but I think you're still missing my point. Say you decline a game with me because you need to leave, following your "rule 1." I, not knowing your reason for declining, might feel justified in declining future games with you on the basis of "rule 2." But once I invoke rule 2 against you, you will (not knowing my reason for declining) feel justified invoking rule 2 against me -- even if by that point I have forgotten your past misconduct (;)) and am willing to play with you.  I'm not suggesting you should act otherwise; I'm just noting the potential for an absurd result.
Ah, but this is the reason why I don't invoke rule 2 against someone after I've gotten into another game in the interim, until they decline another one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 1.337 seconds with 21 queries.