Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Curses vs. Ruins: The cards that interact differently with them.  (Read 19303 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Curses vs. Ruins: The cards that interact differently with them.
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:37 am »

For example, cultist could be more useful than witch in some most scenerios =)
Fixed that for you. Witch is more useful than Cultist in the scenario that the Ruins pile is already empty, and if the opponent happens to have incredibly good defense against Ruins but not Curses, but usually it isn't.

As I recall, Witch vs. Cultist was a big debate, and it is still not really resolved.  I wouldn't call that a fix just yet.
It was a big debate because we were debating which one of them is better more often when the other isn't in the kingdom. If they both are in the kingdom and you go Witch while your opponent goes Cultist, well, good luck with that.

Was that actually confirmed?  I recall that part of the debate as inconclusive as well, but I may be remembering incorrectly.  Currently too lazy to find the thread.
I'm not sure myself, but it should have been.
I don't know where you get this. In the absence of other kingdom cards, Witch>Cultist pretty clearly in the head-to-head matchup. The points plus 2 piles is big. The issue is that most other cards help Cultist here, and there's a pretty good chance that the 8 of them help it enough.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.556 seconds with 20 queries.