Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Diggers: Some of the Worst Designed Cards?  (Read 9757 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Diggers: Some of the Worst Designed Cards?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 09:58:49 am »

I'm not sure what you're saying, I think in these cases HP is less flexible than Lab.

For example, if I want to gain and play a card in the same turn, if that card is something I already have a copy of in my deck, it can be more difficult to draw it with HP than it would be with Lab.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:20 am »

I'm not sure what you're saying, I think in these cases HP is less flexible than Lab.

For example, if I want to gain and play a card in the same turn, if that card is something I already have a copy of in my deck, it can be more difficult to draw it with  HP than it would be with Lab.

If that card is a Treasure, sure. If it's a nonterminal Action, play the copy in your hand, then play Hunting Party. If it's a terminal Action, play a village, then play the Action, then play Hunting Party. If you have no village, then you weren't going to be able to play both copies of that terminal anyway. So as long as the card is an Action, Hunting Party is more likely to draw it than Lab, not less.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 07:38:06 pm »

Sorry to be unclear, and my text was probably also pedantic, so sorry for that too.

My point is that HP needs a lot of working around while Lab is consistently always the same simple thing. However, the working around HP needs also shows it is more flexible. You can keep cards in hand if you do not want to draw another copy and you can play it if you do. Lab will only draw the same two cards for you, and there is nothing to do about it. Of course that sometimes is better because maybe with HP there is nothing you can do to draw that second card, but I would call that unreliability and not not-flexibility.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »

Sorry to be unclear, and my text was probably also pedantic, so sorry for that too.

My point is that HP needs a lot of working around while Lab is consistently always the same simple thing. However, the working around HP needs also shows it is more flexible. You can keep cards in hand if you do not want to draw another copy and you can play it if you do. Lab will only draw the same two cards for you, and there is nothing to do about it. Of course that sometimes is better because maybe with HP there is nothing you can do to draw that second card, but I would call that unreliability and not not-flexibility.

Ah, I was talking about worrying about drawing the next card at all because you have a copy of every card in your deck already in your hand. I get it now.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.693 seconds with 20 queries.