Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explain your profile  (Read 2534 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
Explain your profile
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:30:11 pm »

I've had people ask me and have wondered about things on profiles, so I thought I'd start a topic about explaining your profile.

My name is pronounced "SOO-jee" (as my personal text says).  I know it defies the English language.  Oh well.

My avatar is a dango.  While it's a Japanese snack, the way I know it from is from the anime Clannad, the best tv show ever (ask Kooshie, she agrees).

My signature has a link to a song about dangos, "dango daikazoku" (Big Dango Family), from Clannad.  It also has all the mafia games I've completed, with what roles I got and whether I won or not too.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
Re: Explain your profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »

Signature has reason for username and mafia stuff (so far, I have yet to win a game. :'( )

Pawn because the art looks cool.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »

Avatar is my league ranked summoner icon recieved from gold rank last season. Sig is my games in mafia I like to change my avatar when I change me summoner icon
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12895
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:18:32 am »

The first line of my signature is a quote from Please Need Me lyrics by Lapko. And my avatar is an A for Anarchy with the rest of my nickname written inside it. I post 2.705 posts per day because I'm spending way too much time here (7 days, 1 hour and 32 minutes in four months) and I have chosen not to display my gender because of complicated reasons. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:33:10 am »

Mine isn't that exciting (pun intended).

When the BSG FG came around I decided to fully immerse myself and pick a matching avatar and sig.
It's good to be the admiral.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:41:36 am »
+1

When the BSG FG came around I decided to fully immerse myself and pick a matching avatar and sig.

Soooo the man in your picture isn't you...I knew that.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:26 am »

My avatar is from the album artwork for the song that my username is lyrics from. There's not much else on my profile, I don't think.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:12:10 am »

I uploaded this avatar for a Cosmic Encounter game. I was playing the Claw, and I had fun saying the Clamps, so I used that to indicate who I was (it's a character from Futurama, in case you somehow never watch the show).

This was back when there weren't so many forum games, so it was nothing to dedicate your avatar to the game you were playing. With other games like Battlestar Galactica and Shadows over Camelot, you can't really expect every player to adopt an avatar that reflects who they are in those games.

Why do I still have the avatar? Well, I had a blank space before I started playing Cosmic Encounter on here. That should tell you how much attention I pay to it.
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 08:36:47 am »

My avatar is the alchemist card, and my profile note is "an unbalanced equation."  I've taught chemistry in one form or another for the past thirteen years (along with other things at various times).  I think the connection is obvious.

My signature needs to be updated, all that stuff is on the wiki now.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:25 am »

It was before, after I had won the Dutch championships last year I used a picture of myself where I held the trophy.
After we moved to our new home that trophy didn't make it out of a box in the attic like 30% of my game collection. :(

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:17 am »

no avatar for me, but for other forum accounts i typically use a jolly roger.

i do have a signature though. it is a quote pulled from the comment thread way back on the first ever annotated game on the DS.com blog. it was a commonly referenced point when discussing strategy with friends, and i credit it with leading to a change in approach that brought me from an iso lvl 10-15 up to the mid 30's.

that post also stands out to me (and enabled me to find it easily) for the discussion of the merits of caravan vs. warehouse for A. hitting $5 and B. cycling your deck on a mountebank board. that sort of approach really helped get me hooked on the strategy/analysis side of the game.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 10:56:17 am »

Haha did you think Davio was Edward James Olmos?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:08 pm »

Haha did you think Davio was Edward James Olmos?
Or the other way around, of course.  ;D
But no, my skin isn't thát rough.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »

My avatar is because I needed one. I'm a Martin in real life, and nobody here was using Sir Martin, so it seemed a nice fit. I briefly used curse, but decided against it shortly after.

The first line in my sig is something to do with blue dogs on the wiki. Surprisingly, my little joke vandalism has stayed there for an absurdly long time. The page has even been accessed 40 times, and they weren't all by me (all correct at time of posting).

The second link is from when I first started playing pro games, and at the peak of my winning streak (against humans, I hasten to add) I hit the top of the pro leaderboard. Now I'm like, 500th or so, which is actually a little low if anything, but eh.

The BSG image is for the BSG PBF game I'm modding. I'm in charge!
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.