Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Single Card Kingdoms  (Read 7953 times)

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
  • Did you say Black Market?!
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Single Card Kingdoms
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:42 pm »

So, the presence of Junk Dealer essentially allows you to buy from the trash? Not sure I like that.

Recruiter allows you to get Duchies for $4 without putting them in your deck, unless Servant Mat contents do not go into your deck at the end of the game. Either way, specify.

Enchanter seems a bit pricey to me, since I rarely find that a single player has an overwhelming majority of any action card, so much so that they would be willing to spend $5 just to (temporarily) power up that card. And why not just say, “When you play a card on whose pile the hex token is, each other player gains a Curse”? After all, there’s only one hex token, right?

Overall, great ideas. Interesting concept and well-implemented.
...Or, I guess you could just buy a Province.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2148
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 02:09:26 am »

Enchanter seems a bit pricey to me, since I rarely find that a single player has an overwhelming majority of any action card, so much so that they would be willing to spend $5 just to (temporarily) power up that card. And why not just say, “When you play a card on whose pile the hex token is, each other player gains a Curse”? After all, there’s only one hex token, right

The idea is that instead of buying a Witch, a player can buy a card to turn their opening terminal action into a curser. It's better for deck efficiency, but it's a bit more precarious. I wanted to limit it to terminals or else it would be too easy to spam, but it's worth playtesting.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12896
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:58 am »

I just thought of this: some Kingdom cards could have "In games using this" abilities like "In games using this, at the start of your turn, +1 buy" or something. Could be interesting.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1195
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »

I just thought of this: some Kingdom cards could have "In games using this" abilities like "In games using this, at the start of your turn, +1 buy" or something. Could be interesting.
This thread has some ideas.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2170.msg33846#msg33846

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
  • Did you say Black Market?!
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 03:45:11 pm »

That is essentially what a lot of these cards are. A rewording of Junk Collector could be, "In games using this, you may buy cards from the trash, or you may spend a buy and any number of $ during your buy phase to trash that number of cards from your hand."
...Or, I guess you could just buy a Province.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2148
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:41 am »

Masterpiece and Cache could easily have been like this, but the wording would have been clunky.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.