Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A list of cards that cause problems  (Read 9877 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
Re: A list of cards that cause problems
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »

I also use the tree method most of the time.

My other method, if I have some sort of "draw the entire deck" thing going on is to play cantrips in the middle of my play area, and Villages off to the side.  Then I play terminals on top of Villages as I need them to show that they have used the extra action the Village provided.  As long as I have an open Village, I can play a terminal without running myself out.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

You know what has really caused problems for me in my early Dominion days? Surprisingly, Thief. Everybody that played with me absolutely hated that card. I don't know why... usually (now that I look back at myself) it was a help, not a hinderance... but then again at first I didn't like Chapel either... I didn't understand why I would actually want to get rid of my cards...eeesh ???
When I was introduced to Dominion, I was told never to play with Thief, since "It just makes buying Gold bad." I still haven't played more than a handful of IRL games with it.

GigaKnight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 02:47:00 pm »

You know what has really caused problems for me in my early Dominion days? Surprisingly, Thief. Everybody that played with me absolutely hated that card. I don't know why... usually (now that I look back at myself) it was a help, not a hinderance... but then again at first I didn't like Chapel either... I didn't understand why I would actually want to get rid of my cards...eeesh ???
When I was introduced to Dominion, I was told never to play with Thief, since "It just makes buying Gold bad." I still haven't played more than a handful of IRL games with it.

I personally dislike cards like Thief because of their high variance.  They either help or they hurt really bad.  It's not generally a good card to buy, but can reward you anyway.  It really irks me when my opponents get rewarded for statistically-poor decisions.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »
+4

The best possible first set to play with, if new to dominion:

Ironworks
Trader
Possession
Embargo
Torturer
Fishing Village
Young Witch (Bane: Secret Chamber)
Outpost
Ambassador
and.. just for kicks.. King's Court

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 04:17:55 am »

I suggest replacing Embargo with Governor, Tournament, or Black Market.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.