Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Thriftshop: a shared Native Village mat  (Read 8366 times)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: Thriftshop: a shared Native Village mat
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:24 am »

I think that by the literal rules, a card that you put on the mat would still be yours, and would return to your deck for end-game scoring. But this is impossible as you can't track which cards you put there are which one you didn't. Especially if they end up in an opponent's deck. I think the version that interacts with the trash fixes all these issues.
These are no rule issues. The wording makes it crystal clear that the mat is shared so the cards on them do no longer belong to your deck.
Which is fine, a new card can add a new rule like that. But it DOES need a new rule; the card itself doesn't work without a new rule.
That's rule lawyer nonsense. If I'd use this card as it is without any further explanation everyone would immediately get how it works. It doesn't take anything but common sense to understand that a card on a SHARED mat is part of nobody's deck.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:33:02 am by tristan »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10776
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 04:36:22 pm »

I think that by the literal rules, a card that you put on the mat would still be yours, and would return to your deck for end-game scoring. But this is impossible as you can't track which cards you put there are which one you didn't. Especially if they end up in an opponent's deck. I think the version that interacts with the trash fixes all these issues.
These are no rule issues. The wording makes it crystal clear that the mat is shared so the cards on them do no longer belong to your deck.
Which is fine, a new card can add a new rule like that. But it DOES need a new rule; the card itself doesn't work without a new rule.
That's rule lawyer nonsense. If I'd use this card as it is without any further explanation everyone would immediately get how it works. It doesn't take anything but common sense to understand that a card on a SHARED mat is part of nobody's deck.

Yes and if a card said "Take 3 cards from your deck and put them in your hand", everyone would know with common sense how it should work, but that doesn't make it good wording.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 05:43:52 am »

The card text is not the issue, it's introducing a new concept. I can write a page long FAQ, but that's really unnecessary for a fan card.

It's just an idea, try it out, or not and tell me what you think.
I like having some extra interaction this way.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »

Sorry for copying my own post but since it contained actual feedback on the mechanic and sadly was totally ignored, I felt it was kinda necessary:

I like the idea a lot but $3 is way too expensive for it as-is; (1) because it's weaker than any other trasher for $3 or weaker than almost any card for $3 in general at the beginning of the game, and (2) other players using different methods of trashing can join in late on the Thriftshop buisiness and take away all cards from the mat and spike a Province without having had to put up with a slow trasher.
Changing it to putting up to 2 cards on the mat seems okay but I think I'd also be interesting if the card cost $0. $2 would also work but for maximum fun you want like all the Thriftshops to be in people's decks as quickly as possible to make sure the mat content gets exchanged constantly. At least that's what I think would be fun.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »

I don't think it's too weak.  It can be good on any board with no other (pseudo) trashing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.