Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card Sleeving?  (Read 2019 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
Card Sleeving?
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:21:35 pm »

What sleeves do you use for your cards?  I guess I'm looking for sleeves that are

a) not too expensive (having to sleeve ~3500 cards can get rather prohibitive if 100 sleeves costs $20)
b) not too thick - I'd like to still keep everything in the original boxes
c) not too crappy - they should actually fit the cards and do the job they're supposed to do.

I don't really care about durability - I don't play IRL *that* often anyway.  I would prefer US distribution - Amazon availability would be best.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Card Sleeving?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »

I have the mayday translucent sleeves.  They have worked well for me and fit fine in my box.  I've had to replace a couple, but it's to be expected.  If you use the promo code Dominion I am pretty sure you can still get a discount.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »

I've been looking at getting these:

http://www.sleevedominion.com/

But even with the "B" series at $15 for 500, I would need to spend $90-100 for sleeves.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »

I use the Mayday premium ones.  I haven't had them long, but they seem fine, other than a small percentage being too tight to use.

I don't think they fit your other criteria.  They are thick and won't fit in the original slots. They are a bit pricey at ~$2.50/100.  I think their cheaper sleeves do fit in the original slots, and are about half the price, but have also seen negative comments recently about Mayday, so I don't know about those.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 01:29:46 pm »

Another option is to buy premium sleeves and only sleeve cards as they are bought.

Edit: or gained, or any other way they get added to a deck.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 01:33:04 pm »

If you only want sleeves for storage and not playing, another option is those bags I had at the meetup.  They are walmart jewelry bags, sold in the arts and crafts section.  Even if you already have sleeves, they are actually really nice for non digital randomization and travel, since they keep the cards packed together.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »

If you only want sleeves for storage and not playing, another option is those bags I had at the meetup.  They are walmart jewelry bags, sold in the arts and crafts section.  Even if you already have sleeves, they are actually really nice for non digital randomization and travel, since they keep the cards packed together.

I use ones like those for Mythos, the deckbuilder I'm creating myself.  They're definitely great for just picking 10 random cards.  I'm looking for playing sleeves for my Dominioncardz.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »

I use the regular Mayday Euro sleeves, and have only had to replace one sleeve at all so far (on a Silver). We play maybe two or three games a day, and have had the cards sleeved for about two months or so. Some people claim that even sleeved they fit in the original box (except you might need to shift a few Coppers), but I thought it was a bit too snug to do that, honestly. We ended up switching to the Broken Token box like the one AdamH has recently been showing off.

Bought them from FRP Games ($1.80/100) with a bunch of other sleeves of various sizes to do most of my card-driven games at the same time. Shipping was $9.95 flat in the U.S.; I find that Mayday's shipping tends to be outrageously high, even if you get a good discount with an active coupon code. Amazon's price for the same is exorbitant.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.