Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Author Topic: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia GAME OVER, SCUM WINS  (Read 112455 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day Seven)
« Reply #1250 on: September 29, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »

So why did Arch choose Hydrad in his claim ?
Just guessing. We knew someone targeted WW. WW is a pretty good Cop target since he's always scum and Hydrad seemed the most Cop-like, so I guessed him. And If I had guessed right, it would've boosted my credibility of being the UB enough to hopefully get silverspawn lynched.

I was super confused at first. And I did like how a couple people thought I did a PR slip when I said I checked my PM's for who I targetted. Although it didn't end up mattering at all.

The thing was.. you couldn't have been a PR, because there were no town PR's.  This is what made me think you were scum.  It was a really weird slip to me.

Well at the time there was still UB and doctor that we didn't know I think. I was hoping scum would NK me instead of a actual PR
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 29, 2014, 05:29:53 pm »

Just guessing. We knew someone targeted WW. WW is a pretty good Cop target since he's always scum and Hydrad seemed the most Cop-like, so I guessed him. And If I had guessed right, it would've boosted my credibility of being the UB enough to hopefully get silverspawn lynched.

I was super confused at first. And I did like how a couple people thought I did a PR slip when I said I checked my PM's for who I targetted. Although it didn't end up mattering at all.
Yeah I PM'd ADK once I died about my thoughts on the game and thought for sure you were the Cop when you said you checked your PMs. So I was really surprised when WW turned out to be Sheik.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 29, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »

Yeah I PM'd ADK once I died about my thoughts on the game and thought for sure you were the Cop when you said you checked your PMs. So I was really surprised when WW turned out to be Sheik.

That makes me feel a bit better
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia GAME OVER, SCUM WINS
« Reply #1253 on: September 29, 2014, 05:48:43 pm »

silverspawn in the speccy:

This looks like a design flaw to me. Why does the setup allow a stalemate? just make the NK mandatory.

though I don't like the choice of town to just lynch. theoretically, the longer the game goes, the better for town. Scum should be forced to act.

100% agree, I hate having the feeling like taking action is sub-optimal, and in theory the game should go on forever.  I was even going to say something like this in thread, but I felt like, I don't want to be the jerk who refuses to let the game end.

When the same thing happened in philosopher's mafia I think faust ruled that town has to lynch if there's a no lynch followed by no NK.  I actually don't care what the ruling is, but I think someone should be forced to act, and I also think it's something that should be clearly stated before the start of the game (I think in philosophers it wasn't and it just sort of seemed like faust decided it on the spot, but it would be better in general to be able to know ahead of time).

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:37 pm »

This was a good game though.  Thanks ADK for modding, and thanks to Archetype for the set-up!  I think scum played really well.

I know I played really badly in this game, I'm sorry about that.  I think I'm taking a break from mafia for a while.  I think I enjoy spectating a lot more than actually playing, so much less pressure and nobody cares if I lurk.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 29, 2014, 05:59:23 pm »

This was a good game though.  Thanks ADK for modding, and thanks to Archetype for the set-up!  I think scum played really well.

I know I played really badly in this game, I'm sorry about that.  I think I'm taking a break from mafia for a while.  I think I enjoy spectating a lot more than actually playing, so much less pressure and nobody cares if I lurk.

Or you could.. not lurk ;)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 29, 2014, 06:36:12 pm »

I would actually consider giving MVP to Andrew here BTW. Yeah he got caught but he played a great game and did a very good job with his interactions. S_P did see the Jimmmm bus for what it was but I didn't.

Thanks, it was my first regular game as scum and I figured that the fact that I've pretty much always been town would be an advantage. I think that held true.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 29, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »

Sorry everyone. Crappy way to win.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:43 pm »

I can't believe you lynched me D1.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 29, 2014, 09:53:09 pm »

I can't believe you lynched me D1.

My fault.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: September 30, 2014, 01:01:34 am »

I can't believe I got lynched!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Page created in 1.818 seconds with 20 queries.