Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adventure mode questions  (Read 2108 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10778
    • View Profile
Adventure mode questions
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »

1. Can you play adventure mode for sets other than base without purchasing the sets?
2. Is the retooling/fixing of adventure mode complete now? Is the current version basically what will be the final version?

If so, I think I'll actually play through it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Adventure mode questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »

For #2: I doubt it.  Acts 3 of Base-Intrigue-Seaside-Prosperity require something like 10 Zaps minimum per game still, and Acts 2 aren't much better.  The Dark Ages adventure mode is about at the right difficulty level, I think.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10725
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

Question #1: No. You must purchase the expansion.
Question #2: The Intrigue and Dark Ages campaigns have been fixed. I can recommend them. The Base Set campaign is pretty dull, and the Seaside and Prosperity campaigns still require silly numbers of zaps. Hinterlands and Cornucopia don't even have campaigns yet.

I think Adventure mode has been on the back burner for several months now. I do wish they'd fix up the starting hands for Seaside and Prosperity. That seems like a trivial change.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25747
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:09:11 pm »

Question #2: The Intrigue and Dark Ages campaigns have been fixed. I can recommend them. The Base Set campaign is pretty dull, and the Seaside and Prosperity campaigns still require silly numbers of zaps. Hinterlands and Cornucopia don't even have campaigns yet.

I think Adventure mode has been on the back burner for several months now. I do wish they'd fix up the starting hands for Seaside and Prosperity. That seems like a trivial change.
I gave them new lists for the base set but they haven't used them. They have the lists for Hinterlands and Cornucopia (and Alchemy).

I gave them starting positions that got harder, like they wanted, without getting unbeatable. My plan was, act one you have two zaps and don't need them, act two you have two zaps and need them, act three a rule modifies the game to let you deal with the computer's starting advantage. I'm not sure that will ever happen now, or at least it may not happen as once planned. It might happen though. When they came around to the idea of not trying to milk zaps, they seem to have lost the need to have act 2 start out where act 1 ends etc.

Anyway I don't know what will happen there. Dark Ages and Intrigue aren't in their final forms though, they have some quick fix but there is still fixing to do.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10725
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:16:05 pm »

Dark Ages and Intrigue aren't in their final forms though, they have some quick fix but there is still fixing to do.

Huh, that's cool. I thought they were great already, but I'm very curious as to what the further changes would be.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25747
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

Huh, that's cool. I thought they were great already, but I'm very curious as to what the further changes would be.
I'm just talking about the starting decks and the act 3 rule. The sets-of-10 are correct (I believe) - only the main set is missing my sets-of-10 (I didn't actually pick every set-of-10, many of the act 3 ones for Intrigue / Seaside / Prosperity are theirs; I picked them for the other sets and most of acts 1-2; I got sucked into that because they were introducing the new cards extremely slowly, all these levels of one Seaside card and nine main set cards).

The starting decks as I picked them out progress from easier to harder (as they wanted) but set up so that the human doesn't need more than the two free zaps. Maybe one in four has kingdom cards in starting decks as a way to spice things up trivially - attacks for the bot, weak cards for you. And then there are the act 3 rules.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:50 pm »

I'm just talking about the starting decks and the act 3 rule. The sets-of-10 are correct (I believe) - only the main set is missing my sets-of-10 (I didn't actually pick every set-of-10, many of the act 3 ones for Intrigue / Seaside / Prosperity are theirs; I picked them for the other sets and most of acts 1-2; I got sucked into that because they were introducing the new cards extremely slowly, all these levels of one Seaside card and nine main set cards).

The starting decks as I picked them out progress from easier to harder (as they wanted) but set up so that the human doesn't need more than the two free zaps. Maybe one in four has kingdom cards in starting decks as a way to spice things up trivially - attacks for the bot, weak cards for you. And then there are the act 3 rules.

See, I'd prefer to skip right to the final act and see what these different rules are, rather than slog through all those other "normal" games.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 21 queries.