Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bishop Treasury combo?  (Read 8566 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Bishop Treasury combo?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 03:59:31 pm »

No, I wouldn't buy any green cards.  Perhaps I just have different experiences with generally powerful boards available when I play, I just start prefering Hunting party to Peddler when my deck starts to get strong.

bkdominion

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 04:11:53 pm »

No, I wouldn't buy any green cards.  Perhaps I just have different experiences with generally powerful boards available when I play, I just start prefering Hunting party to Peddler when my deck starts to get strong.

Hunting Party + Bishop ? ....  That seems even better.  Have you ever played that?

DrFlux

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 04:19:15 pm »

So I think that in this game there was too much nonsense with trying to go for hamlet/embassy shenanagins. With both players bishoping so much, I would think you'd want to get down to a small deck. In order to do that, I would NOT put my treasuries on top, so that I could trash copper/silver/estates from my opponents bishop. With a small deck, you don't need to draw cards to play all your treasuries. Then I would get to trashing multiple border villages asap, and probably move to buying/trashing provinces to end the game.

This game is actually very similar, and I get 50 pts by turn 15:
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120711-132834-6299f89e.html

To reiterate, top-decking when bishop is around really can be more of a liability than you think.

DrFlux

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:22 pm »

I just realized that embassy+hamlet nets you zero cards. Which means it might be good in untrimmed deck, but its a waste of time in a trimmed deck.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.359 seconds with 22 queries.