Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strategies for seaside  (Read 395 times)

Survlv

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Strategies for seaside
« on: May 24, 2024, 11:41:44 pm »

I was introduced to dominion by a friend a few months ago and got obsessed with it. I just received the base game and seaside expansion. What would be some good strategies for those two.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12890
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Strategies for seaside
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 04:41:52 am »
+4

Build an engine with +cards and villages if both of those are on the board and get at least one copy of the best way to permanently get rid of your starting cards on the board as early as possible. Once you're drawing your whole deck every turn, you have a lot of different options depending on what's available and what your opponent is doing; you could keep building a bigger engine that buys multiple Provinces per turn (which tends to be kind of hard to do and unnecessarily slow in just Base + Seaside, but it is still sometimes worth doing especially if you can just build a 1-Province-per-turn engine and add an Outpost to it to effectively make it two), build up to 1 Province + something else per turn which can keep your deck functional while you're greening and possibly let you get Province + Duchy turns later, or just immediately start buying Provinces if you're in a desperate hurry or if your deck can easily handle adding that many green cards to it. Sometimes you have to try to get away with an engine that doesn't consistently draw the whole deck every turn, or perhaps can't quite draw the whole deck at all.

Some attacks like Militia, Blockade and both types of Witches are worth buying early, and some others like Corsair and Bandit can add more value to your deck when you're playing them every turn but aren't critical to get early unless you don't have anything better to do.

If you can't build an engine, usually the best strategy is to buy a relatively small number of the strongest-by-themselves kingdom cards and just basic treasures and other cards like Sailor that boost your tempo without antisynergizing with anything else you're doing.

There's a lot more nuance to it than this but this is the very short and mostly basically correct version.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

itIsSometimesMonday

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dominionator15
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Strategies for seaside
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 02:19:40 pm »
+4

I would recommend checking out wiki.dominionstrategy.com to get you started. There are plenty of articles detailing the cards in the base set and seaside, and plenty of articles about dominion strategy. If you just want plain strategy, go to the https://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Strategy Article, look at the Basic Strategy section to get yourself started.
Do I Exist? Is it Monday? What is the meaning of life? Why am I doing this? Why am I a village idiot™? Am I a village idiot™? Why am I so inactive on Shuffle iT? Why am I so bad on Shuffle iT?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.