Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]  All

Author Topic: M62: Hearthstone Mafia (Faceless won)  (Read 59397 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M62: Hearthstone Mafia (Faceless won)
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2015, 08:38:32 am »

...we should have lynched hockey first, but it won't really matter as there won't be any new information tomorrow

Yeah, then we could have had our flawless victory. 

Fun game.  I probably should have counterclaimed Ghacob, but it all worked out in the end. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2015, 08:46:05 am »

Also, not killing/lynching any PRs makes for a very tough endgame.  As scum, we still had to choose between 4 different possible setups.  Now, with Ghacob's semi-claim it was basically narrowed down to tracker/1-shot BP or tracker/doctor.

I would have claimed doctor, but I know there had to be a tracker, so extremely risky.  I should have claimed 1-shot BP right after Ghacob's little claim.  But it worked out.  Even though the game ended with the mod-kill posting during a thread lock thing, the intent was clear.  Hockey was going to be lynched.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:59 am »

with the claim, it would have been me vs Ghacob, then with a correct lynch Teproc vs Hockey.

I don't know which is better.  Town (Ghacob and Joseph) basically decided who they thought was the scum team, and then the votes were decided for that day and D4 (had we got there). 

I just thought with how much I ended up delaying a claim, mine would be harder to believe.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2015, 08:59:51 am »

...we should have lynched hockey first, but it won't really matter as there won't be any new information tomorrow

Fun game.  I probably should have counterclaimed Ghacob, but it all worked out in the end.

Was surprised no-one counterclaimed. Also, frustrating way to end, but Ghacob would probably have killed hockey anyway, in which case we'd lost. Maybe I should have fakeclaimed 1-shot bulletproof, although I don't think it would have mattered.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:38 am »

Was surprised no-one counterclaimed. Also, frustrating way to end, but Ghacob would probably have killed hockey anyway, in which case we'd lost. Maybe I should have fakeclaimed 1-shot bulletproof, although I don't think it would have mattered.

Hm.. I think it just would have caused me to try to hardlynch Ghacob. Can't still really accept that he wasn't scum :P
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:22 am »

Go sign up for mistborn!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M62: Hearthstone Mafia (D3)
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2015, 10:39:24 am »

And we can't even use Joseph, since obviously whichever scum we don't lynch will kill him.
did anyone else take this as teproc hinting at whom his teammate should kill in case he got lynched? I immediately assumed teproc/hockey due to this

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:59 am »

And we can't even use Joseph, since obviously whichever scum we don't lynch will kill him.
did anyone else take this as teproc hinting at whom his teammate should kill in case he got lynched? I immediately assumed teproc/hockey due to this

It is too obvious to needing to hint this

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:34 am »

mh. unsatisfying game, overall. the ending was really unfortunate.

well played teproc!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2015, 11:23:18 am »

FWIW, I disagree with the modkill. Ghacob is a newer player and his post was clearly not in his interest (it was just giving info to scum). And modkilling at lylo alwyas sucks, though of course in this case it really didn't matter, it just spares hockey the trauma of being mislynched at lylo :P

As I said in the speccy, I'm happy with my play days 1 and 2, not so much day 3. I wasn't super satisfied with our interactions (with e I mean) on day 1, but we did great on day 2 and obviously it worked since hockey would have been lynched next.

Day 3 though... We didn't even discuss what we should do in case of a massclaim, and we definitely should have. I was very annoyed that e didn't counterclaim but that's unfair because I was probably in a better position to do it, and didn't just because I don't like fakeclaiming (no good reason for it, just don't like doing it). Also as it turns out, e was our ticket to the victory so yeah, I was the one who should have claimed.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2015, 11:24:58 am »

To silverspawn : I look forward to you trying to get my scum meta because there are certainly things there to be found that haven't been found yet (there is something in particular I know is a scum!Teproc trait, but haven't bothered to fix because no one's noticed yet).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:05 am »

and it was hockey's first game

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2015, 11:45:37 am »

Day 3 though... We didn't even discuss what we should do in case of a massclaim, and we definitely should have. I was very annoyed that e didn't counterclaim but that's unfair because I was probably in a better position to do it, and didn't just because I don't like fakeclaiming

I was really hoping you would claim. But like you said, we should have discussed it more overnight.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2015, 02:11:29 pm »

and it was hockey's first game

Still shooting 1-shot BP or your only lynch alternative seems rather counterproductive to anyone

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2015, 05:11:20 pm »

Day 3 though... We didn't even discuss what we should do in case of a massclaim, and we definitely should have. I was very annoyed that e didn't counterclaim but that's unfair because I was probably in a better position to do it, and didn't just because I don't like fakeclaiming

I was really hoping you would claim. But like you said, we should have discussed it more overnight.

Yeah, the more I think about it, it seems obvious to me that I should have claimed there.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2015, 07:24:57 am »

puh... I feel pretty lost rereading this game, honestly. You were both feeling so genuine... at least until the end of day 2 where e hammered me.

this overall just feels like scum outplaying town

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 17, 2015, 08:01:45 am »

I hammered you actually, and I did it for the towncred, so...

I know your argument is that scum!you would never be absent at deadline but
a) life happens, can happen to anyone
b) you're the most self-aware player on these boards

Also no lynch was better for scum here, given that it would have been lylo next anyway (assuming we didn't shoot Ghacob). I hammered solely because I would have 100% done it as town, even with a null read on you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 30, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »

EgorK, did you name an MVP for this game?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 01, 2015, 03:26:21 pm »

I had not, I'd consider this

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2016, 06:47:12 am »

I had not, I'd consider this

Still need one.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 16 queries.