Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21  All

Author Topic: ZMXI: The Fool on the Hill - TOWN WINS - PM for Spec QT.  (Read 43554 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: ZMXI: The Fool on the Hill (Day 1) - PM for Spec QT.
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2013, 08:53:25 pm »

Next Drab.

Firstly FoS for getting on my case for being asleep. It's hardly my fault that the game started at 3 in the morning!
Nah it's all good.

Uncomfortable with random voting. Bit of theory talk. Bit about LaLL. Seems a bit suspicious of Axxle. I'd suggest that if he's scum then his partner is Axxle or Galz or, you know, someone else who's been active, which makes calling out lurkers an easy play. Still, I'd have to say a nullread.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »

Next Munch.

Big overreaction to the suggestion of random lynching Galz, which I don't think was meant to be taken at all seriously. Theory talk.

This was interesting:

But then you get people like you who just gave him town cred...

Well, if he is scum, he's a much stronger player than I am.

Awwww.  Gee thanks.

Scumslip? Logically it is: Munch only has reason to thank Drab if he's scum. Still, unconvincing as I can see Munch either joking around or misunderstanding.

Scum read on Axxle, but won't say why. Implies we should "follow through" with lynching lurkers. Votes Robz for buddying Drab and for talking about scumminess/participation level in a "self-serving" way. Asks if he can vote Robz again for his unexplained 180 on Axxle, then does some buddying to me.

Maybe this is just a gut feeling, but I have a bit of a scum read here. I didn't like the overreaction to the random lynch thing. Seems like Robz could be an easy target, although I won't be sure until I've re-read Robz.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:30 pm »

@TheMunch: What do you think about Robz's response to my question?

Robz, what changed between these two posts?

I also have a scumread on Axxle. This is not the Axxle I'm used to, for some reason.

But you are wrong my brother. Axxle is almost certainly town. He's driving conversation! That's a very town thing to do, when like no one is saying anything.

I thought about what you posting a lot actually meant.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »

Robz.

Overall a nullread I think. I don't like his claim suggestion, but then he always suggests claiming. I'm not a fan of the way that he tries to game his meta either, I think it's very anti-Town in general. But that's just Robz. I didn't think there was a lot to his participation/scumminess comments, which kind of confirms my slight scumread on Munch.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

@TheMunch: What do you think about Robz's response to my question?

Robz, what changed between these two posts?

I also have a scumread on Axxle. This is not the Axxle I'm used to, for some reason.

But you are wrong my brother. Axxle is almost certainly town. He's driving conversation! That's a very town thing to do, when like no one is saying anything.

I thought about what you posting a lot actually meant.

I dont like it.  Especially given the fact that Robz should know that any argument involving the quantity in which someone posts can be manipulated.  Hes done it before (manipulated town to give him town cred for how active hes being).   Manipulative if he is scum.  Illogical if he is town.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:04 pm »

Well, if he is scum, he's a much stronger player than I am.
Awwww.  Gee thanks.

Scumslip? Logically it is: Munch only has reason to thank Drab if he's scum. Still, unconvincing as I can see Munch either joking around or misunderstanding.

If someone complements me, I will say thank you.  Drab is acknowledging a scenario where he thinks I could be a better player than him, so I respond with gratitude.  I can be thankful that he is willing to think I am good without giving credit to the basis of "if he is scum".

At all times I am actively trying to never say "I am town".  If I want you to think I am town, I will show it to you.  I wont say it.  Saying it is hollow.  Its like Shawshank; "everyone is innocent here". 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2013, 09:36:25 pm »

This is a really weird (read: not the norm) feeling for me, but I find myself agreeing with nearly everything Munch says. Maybe I've just become sensitized to him since last blitz game, but I've found him to be the Towniest person here. His thoughts have consistently mirrored mine.

Not sure what to make of that actually. If he's scum I'll be really really sad. I like to believe that I get better at reading people over time...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »

This is a really weird (read: not the norm) feeling for me, but I find myself agreeing with nearly everything Munch says. Maybe I've just become sensitized to him since last blitz game, but I've found him to be the Towniest person here. His thoughts have consistently mirrored mine.

Not sure what to make of that actually. If he's scum I'll be really really sad. I like to believe that I get better at reading people over time...

Blitz Mafia X.  Never Forget.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:21 pm »

Alright, I'll be doing a full post before I go to bed tonight with my thoughts on everybody. As for now they range somewhere from:

Town ----- Scum

Munch, Drab .... Eevee, Robz, Axxle

I'm not sure where Jimmm/Arche/mcmc fall. I'll need to look closer at interactions.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

Arch.

Probably a nullread as well, though I'm a little wary that his whole "let's italicise" thing could be a ploy to make him seem like a scared Townie. It just seems a little over the top. Still, could be genuine.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:35 pm »

mcmc.

Nullread as well. He's posted a reasonable amount without saying terribly much useful, so I'm a little wary of that, but not enough to give me a scumread.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »

Galz.

I must say he reads pretty Towny to me, but I am of the opinion that he is much better at coming across as Towny when he's scum than he says he is. Still, slight Town read, in which case I'd better take his opinions on Munch and Axxle pretty seriously.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »

Catching up from 5 pages back:

Fine lets make it active, vote: axxle Constant pressure of a player screams scum to me. It is obvious play so noone expects scum to just come out and push, it also makes you seem active and overall townie regardless of the actual validity of the case
I don't agree with mcmc here. He is someone I tend to have a town bias on, but this just seems like mafia seeing someone who is a little too bold and trying to drive a mislynch. I lean towards town on Axxle, as per my theory of people who draw a lot of attention to themselves always flipping town.

...so I basically agree with this:

Now, Drab is just excited to be playing his first game--and who could blame him! So him driving the convo isn't much of a tell.
Well, I wouldn't say almost certainly, but as certainly as one can be with this little to go on. I also agree with the town read on Drab, those would be my two biggest at this point.

You dont understand.  Here we call out lurkers with a vote.  They respond "oh hey sorry guys."  Then everyone unvotes.  No one actually follows through with lynching lurkers, rather unfortunately.

Hmm, maybe I should look into being a lurker then! Apparently the obligations are minimal and the benefits package is notable.
Haha, welldone.

Ok here now. Done reading.
Scummish read on Axxle
Town on Eevee and Munchy
Any explanations for these? What I recall of my play last night (before I went to sleeps) is that I had been awake for 26 hours and didn't post a whole lot. Seems sort of weird to have town read on me, but on the other hand it's not like you were under pressure and would have had to lie if you were scum, so uh. I think it's a null tell, maybe I'm just asking this so I'll know how to act in the future go get town cred.  :P Also don't understand the town read on Munch (what has he done to deserve it: post good strategy?) or the scum read on Axxle (well, I do, I just disagree in what his behavior is an indicator of).

.. I see Robz again posted what I would have posted. I don't remember if the Robz that thinks awfully similar to me is scum or town (both probably), but worth noting because I found it amusing. Pre-buddying up to me!

.. I see archetype did explain his town read on me. Makes sense.

I'm awake!

Permit me a little theory talk?

I think the point of this game is to create a setup in which it is disadvantageous for our IC variants to claim on day 1. As such I think they shouldn't claim except to save themselves.

From a Witch's point of view, bulletproof seems pointless, since if they are vig-attempted they're caught out anyway (although I like the flavour behind it - if you survive the test you're a Witch, if you die you're innocent). From a Fool's point of view, then, Cop seems utterly pointless, since the chance of getting scum result is really low, and a Town result is virtually meaningless. Which of course makes bulletproof slightly more attractive to a Witch because then they can at least try to argue their way out of it.

I actually think Neighbourizer is better than it's being given credit for. It's a great way for Fools to back up their claim if they are counter-claimed, or to set up a Masonry between the two Fools in the absence of counter-claims.

This did a surprisingly good job of summing up all our theory talk in one post.  Points for Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I agree, points for being good in theory, very good post! I don't think being good in theory is an indication of alignment though. I appreciate the post and I'm not saying he is using that as scum to get town cred.. but why couldn't he. I think that post is evidence of Jimmm being good at articulating theory, and has very little or nothing to do with his alignment.

Ooh, first really interesting post of the game. Galzria, what do you think this tells of Axxles alignment? Axxle, what do you think this tells of Galzria? (I don't know if you have answered yet.)

Basically, Galzria got pissed. That's usually town Galzria (although this obviously wasn't over the line or anything, I don't mean to imply that). On the other hand, it could be read as being too defensive and over-reacting to Axxle's "case" which was largely jokes. But nah, I don't think so, it seemed Galzria was just frustrated of Axxle mischaracterizing his play. I don't know, I lean slight town towards Galzria, although I don't like this trend of always thinking he is town when he gets frustrated.

Robz, I really don't care if you vote for me, but I hope it's not because I wasn't here at the beginning.
This is fair I think. Nothing Arch has done or hasn't done has made him change his scumscore in my mind yet.

Okay, I see Galz answered my question above here:
Eh, what can I say? I think this is scum!Axxle. He's put absolutely nothing of value together this game, and has literally spent more than 1/3 of his game thusfar pushing completely false and non-existent cases. Further, any time anybody has tried to say anything useful, he's gone out of his way to suppress those statements. I don't think town!Axxle would go out of his way to play a really bad game, but I could see Scum!Axxle, who's known for lurking, going as far out of his way to blow up his post count with something so beyond aggressive most people will look and go "Nope, that's not scum!Axxle".

So I'm comfortable putting my Vote: Axxle down until he actually starts contributing in a meaningful way.
Well, to me this cements Axxle and Galzria pretty much can't be a scumpair. Either could be town while other is scum or both could be town still, but do we agree on them being the witches being very unlike?

I agree that italicising makes it confusing.  It also makes those who use italic votes very noncommittal.
Agreed, didn't even realized Arche had "voted" before I went back.

Jimm's way of catching up due to missing action because of the timezones feels very similar. Also really good catch up posts I very much agreed with, town read on him.

I agree with Jimmm in finding Robz's attempts to game his meta annoying.

Galz, why the scum-ish read on me? Is it just a PoE for being asleep and not being here to contribute, or something I actually have done?

So, tldr, conclusion:

Town reads on Axxle and Jimm. Galzria and Axxle can't both be scum. I actually agree with Galzria's sentiment about Munch in that I agree with him a lot more than usual, but I don't know what to make of that. Hesitant light town read? Top scum read probably mcmc, he has given me emotion-based town reads earlier that have turned out to be correct, so I feel comfortable reading him. He doesn't feel towny here to me, maybe he just hasn't gotten online time to prove his towniness, but the posting he has done hasn't felt like the town mcmc I've identified in the past. Also slightly worried of Robz because he feels to be surprisingly nicely in the background (not blaming you for this Robz, it's just that usually people line up to mislynch you for terrible reasons and I get to defend you because your reaction just screams town to me, hasnt happened here). Null on Arch, although he usually reads scummy to me so I don't know what that means.

I'll be online for the following 8 hours, which is great because playing catch up in blitz is pretty hard.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2013, 11:52:29 pm »

Galzria and Axxle can't both be scum.

I think I agree, but every time someone says this because of an argument it sets off scum ploy alarm bells in my head. It's generally true that they're not both scum, but I bet you one day they will be.

Getting to my re-read on Axxle.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:28 am »

For better or worse here Eevee (in your read towards me at least), I think you misunderstood my tone. I was never frustrated or pissed this game. My aim was quite simply to sum up more than 1/3 of Axxle's posts at that time: Completely false, misleading, and irrelevant noise that was based on nothing that was actually true to what he claimed. He was inflating post count by repeating the same falsities ad nauseam. Most of the time I simply ignored him as there really wasn't anything of value to respond to. When he persisted, I laid it out quite clearly. If he continues on now without actually building real cases - or worse cases built on things that aren't actually said - I'll simply go back to ignoring him. If his claims have any merit, I'll respond.

But I was never pissed or frustrated.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2013, 12:22:07 am »

For better or worse here Eevee (in your read towards me at least), I think you misunderstood my tone. I was never frustrated or pissed this game. My aim was quite simply to sum up more than 1/3 of Axxle's posts at that time: Completely false, misleading, and irrelevant noise that was based on nothing that was actually true to what he claimed. He was inflating post count by repeating the same falsities ad nauseam. Most of the time I simply ignored him as there really wasn't anything of value to respond to. When he persisted, I laid it out quite clearly. If he continues on now without actually building real cases - or worse cases built on things that aren't actually said - I'll simply go back to ignoring him. If his claims have any merit, I'll respond.

But I was never pissed or frustrated.
Fair enough.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:29 am »

That said, it's time to dig in and reread. I'll start with an unvote for now. While I still think Axxle has a decent chance of being scum, and he's certainly one of my upper scum reads, he may not be the best lynch for multiple reasons. I'll consider it as I reread.

Mafia Record:

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:51 am »

Right, so Axxle.

Bold play, and I don't think particularly pro-Town play. I get Galz' point about inflating his post count - he's posted a lot, but mostly one-liners. In fact, almost all one-liners. He's very boldly called out a Galz/Munch scumteam early in day 1, but very little analysis other than things like "this scumteam is looking better and better" and "here are some of Galz' posts". His tone seems to stay the same in and out of RVS, like he's still joking around and random voting.

So I think with Axxle we have that old thing of "Scum wouldn't act like that. Except maybe he's scum deliberately trying to act in a way that scum wouldn't." Either way, I don't like it, and like I said, I don't think it's pro-Town. I hope to see some genuine analysis and backing up of his reads.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2013, 12:38:53 am »

Okay, here's why Archetype is scum: He knew scum have daychat! Who else knew that? Seriously, I didn't. I think he brought it up to be cool Mr. Townie, warning us about the scum and their daychat.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2013, 12:39:22 am »

There are no nights...

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2013, 12:39:41 am »

Okay, here's why Archetype is scum: He knew scum have daychat! Who else knew that? Seriously, I didn't. I think he brought it up to be cool Mr. Townie, warning us about the scum and their daychat.

I knew this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:51 am »

Hmm, I didn't know that either, but some people do their due diligence better and actually read the setup? I would feel pretty darn horrible if we drove a lynch on Arche and it turned out he was just not as lazy as we are..

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2013, 12:42:35 am »

When are we all expecting scum to chat?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:19 am »

I am incredibly comfortable with my vote on Robz.  If I am wrong about Robz, I am going to be very disappointed as I really can only explain his play as scummy or uncharacteristically bad town play by Robz. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

I am incredibly comfortable with my vote on Robz.  If I am wrong about Robz, I am going to be very disappointed as I really can only explain his play as scummy or uncharacteristically bad town play by Robz.
Could you type out your case on Robz? My town read on you is getting stronger and I agree Robz feels off here. I think your reasons might be more rational and mine more feel-based, but if they both point out to the same direction it should make for a pretty good chance at nailing scum.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.