Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 170974 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day1)
« Reply #400 on: November 28, 2013, 01:22:05 pm »

Jorbles explain why you think me Jimm and e are scummy please. You mentioned why you found e scummy but not really me and Jimm. I think you just picked the people who were currently talking said they were all scummy and then explain/voted for 1. To me that reads like a scum player possibly casting mass suspicion and only backing up what he needs to(explain his vote)

No, I said that it looked like you were all trying to tar each other up for a mislynch. I'd say you were doing it the least, but I agree with Jimmm that your post 380 reads a little scummy (regardless of your later explanation). I didn't pick you guys because you were talking, I picked you guys because I got scummy vibes from all of you based on your interactions (posts 380-389).

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2013, 01:22:18 pm »

but also giving people d1 passes so he has an excuse to not vote for them if they look like a good lynch
And this is why I completely agree with manda when talking about D1 passes for newbies. They shouldn't exist. If someone is scummy, vote for them. I also sympathize with manda in regards to meta discussion. It is really hard for new players to learn anything from that discussion. I disagree with the conclusion that it is altogether pointless because I do see some good benefit in meta discussion. It is just hard for new players to get reads from metas. In fact, I like a lot of what manda has said. D1 pass for manda.

Wait what?  3 day 1 passes already?
yeah, they are going hot. If you want one speak now. Limited supply
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 28, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »

but also giving people d1 passes so he has an excuse to not vote for them if they look like a good lynch
And this is why I completely agree with manda when talking about D1 passes for newbies. They shouldn't exist. If someone is scummy, vote for them. I also sympathize with manda in regards to meta discussion. It is really hard for new players to learn anything from that discussion. I disagree with the conclusion that it is altogether pointless because I do see some good benefit in meta discussion. It is just hard for new players to get reads from metas. In fact, I like a lot of what manda has said. D1 pass for manda.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 28, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »

Also at 2.7

You don't like meta discussion, as well as you don't like my serious votes? What do you suggest we talk about?
I am fine with meta discussion and your votes would be a part of that. Which is why in my post I hedged it a bit because I don't know your meta, as I said. I would hope that a vet would be able to weigh in on the matter and help me out. I didn't vote for you or anything, just said it rubs me wrong. If that is a null tail due to your meta, ok. Null read

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 28, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »

I want more than 1.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 28, 2013, 01:31:10 pm »

I want more than 1.
D2 pass for robz

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »

Interesting. I don't like giving passes, especially this early and this many. Reducing your lynch pool is fine, but that's something you do when you need to lynch and work through POE rather than actual scumhunting.

I think mcmcsalot did come off scummy here, but not for the #380 post Jimmmmm and Jorbles didn't like, rather for this one.

mcmc- I don't like so many serious votes so early in the day. I have never played with mcmc before, so maybe that is just his style, but it rubs me the wrong way.

vote: 2.71828 absolutely ridiculous.  People seem to think talking about theory and random voting should last the entirety of day 1. It rubs you the wrong way that I am seriously scum hunting??? Must be because your scum.

I find this vote very scummy. Jimmmmm just voted for mcm, and 2.7 is saying that he doesn't like the way mcmc plays. This reads to me like mcmc is trying to OMGUS but not be too obvious about it, and is therefore targeting the guy that hasn't already voted for him. That way, when 2.7 does vote for him, he can accuse HIM of OMGUS. This might be a little far-fetched, but I don't really see what would warrant such a strong reaction in 2.7's post. It read to me like he was very uncertain about mcmc's play more than an outright accusation.

The more I think about it, the more this post and vote seems scummy to me.

OTOH, 2.7 is now doing that thing where he's accused of being scummy for something so he starts joking about it. That's not good either.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2013, 01:39:18 pm »

Well, e, as I see it, you already reduced your lynch pool to 7 people. (3 D1 passes, you and me taken out) So which of those 7 DO you actually want to lynch?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2013, 01:39:47 pm »

I want more than 1.
D2 pass for robz

Good that's what I like to her.

Well, scum will shoot me.

Quick, pretend you think I'm scummy! I'll help: don't listen to our IC, let's just lynch a lurker, vigs shouldn't shoot (true regardless though), etc.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »

I agree with Robz that a vig shouldn't shoot D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2013, 01:46:10 pm »

That should read N1.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Well, e, as I see it, you already reduced your lynch pool to 7 people. (3 D1 passes, you and me taken out) So which of those 7 DO you actually want to lynch?
I was working on that before I got distracted a bit. I will get back to my reads now. 5 down, 6 to go. (Skipping you and me)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

That should read N1.
explain please

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »

That should read N1.
explain please

Two night deaths will make it obvious that we have a vig. And like already discussed, I don't wan't our PRs outed early. Plus, the chances of hitting scum are low.

The ultimate decision is in the hands of the vig, of course. If they have a super-strong scum read on someone, maybe they should shoot.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 28, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

Teproc, to explain a bit, I dislike theory discussion, there was a lot of it so I didn't post much, then I posted trying to get some scum-hunting going. During that you mentioned I was much too lurky, ash joked about my lurkyness, then I got called out by ash for participating and then by 2.7 for being too serious. So I was frustrated. Also I really think people need to be less "oh that's omygus" 2.7 said something I found scummy so I voted him, I don't think it was really omgus(though it was a bit). If he voted now voted me it would be for the reason he said before and presumably finding me scummy for how I responded, it wouldn't be omgus.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 28, 2013, 02:05:08 pm »

Morgim- he hasn't been around much this game, but then not many people have been. His posts have been a fun read though. Null read

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! And you're totally right, I should have just posted last night, because now I have to do a hungover post which is not half as fun lol. But let me get a few quick thoughts down before dinner.

Morgrim is hilarious. Never played with him, so I'm not sure what to make of that, but my first impression is towny. Teproc got a bit annoyed at his style...but I think I find that towny too.

I still think ash seems OK...not my towniest read, but on the townier side of null.

mcmc is way more active than I am used to; the one time I played with him was in M31, and he got lynched D1 for being an uberlurk. He does have an explanation for that. I'm not sure about these most recent posts though, especially his vote for e seemed a little off.

I still think e seems scummy in this most recent exchange. Especially how he tried to play it off as a joke, it just seemed really forced to me. HOWEVER the wagon on him has grown a bit more quickly than I am comfortable with. So I would like to analyze that later.

OK I'm out of time but I'll be back tonight.

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2013, 02:10:56 pm »

Walrus- another victim of v/la. He did have a nice summary reads post though the other day. Too bad he didn't post more last night. Reads from people drunk-posting are the best reads ever. Null read.

PPE: another walrus useful post. Still null

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »

That should read N1.
explain please

Two night deaths will make it obvious that we have a vig. And like already discussed, I don't wan't our PRs outed early. Plus, the chances of hitting scum are low.

The ultimate decision is in the hands of the vig, of course. If they have a super-strong scum read on someone, maybe they should shoot.

Nope, not even then. They should accept their fallibility and show restraint.

Yuma, Galzria, and maybeVoltaire are the only people I would ever trust to shoot on Night 1.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »

Walrus- another victim of v/la. He did have a nice summary reads post though the other day. Too bad he didn't post more last night. Reads from people drunk-posting are the best reads ever. Null read.

Summaries are scummaries.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »

Walrus? Why do you find my most recent posts scummy but also find 2.7 scummy, my most recent posts are explaining why I find him scummy...
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »

Agreed yet another reason 2.7 is scum.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

Ah I see you were calling walrus summary scummy, 2.7 giving a summary of what walrus's summary meant seems scummy to. Scummy summarception!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

well it is scummier to stop halfway through my scummaries than finish them off.  4 to go.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »

Not sure why you're doing them in multiple posts though. Trying to boost your vote count ? It also makes it slightly more difficult on the reread.

@mcmsalot : Fair enough. I don't think I called you lurky though, I responded to ashersky's comment about you being active by saying you were low on the vote count. The "super-lurky" thing was how I imagined you must be in other games, since ash found you suspiciously active even though you had less than 10 posts.

Care to elaborate ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.