Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20  All

Author Topic: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 47424 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (Day 1 underway)
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:44 am »

I'm here now and to all of you I feel it's time I come out with this. Rastas continues to be m number 1 suspect. Every single time she has provided any read at all or any stance on anything she has hedged it with but maybe I'm just the new girl.

Raerae. Reads on entire town please

I am here as well.

Insomniac, wish me could discuss this in daychat, but here it is. In ZM whatever, when you were scum with Munch and shraeye, a major factor in your win (really, you had nothing to do with it) was Munch and shraeye playing really good as scum, I think based partly on their real world relationship.

Obviously, it's pretty early (and kind of baseless) to be calling this, but I'm worried about the shraeye/rarae interaction here. She didn't give me much when I asked her opinion on shraeye, and I have a suspicion of shraeye anyway.

If they are the scumpair, it's a huge tossup on who their partner is (really could be anyone, though I am inclined to think Grujah is town.)

What do you think?

Sorry, Robz, going to chime in here before I tackle Insom's super giant all town task (seriously??  The whole town?!  Can't you give me, like, 2 or 3 more people instead of everybody?  Wait, is that the whole town?  F-bomb, I don't know bidness right now.

I stated in Buffy that I would LOVE to think Shraeye is scum.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  That is still true!!  Case in point, we played Blokus (travel-version) tonight and ended blocked half the board for him and half the board for me (we both super lost).  I have not given him town credit yet (reread, I haven't given anybody town credit, sorry!) so let's go ahead and assume (as I posted to you once) that I'm not convinced on him yet.  Or I would have posted that bidness.

Also, realized I haven't posted a read on Galz, also realized I HATE to admit I have a townread on that dirty whore.  Ugh, he's so abrasive I hate to say so but it's true!!  This is 100% how he acted in Bufffy when he was CONVINCED Cuzz was going to flip Town (he didn't!) and I hate me some meta-arguments.  Ugh, again!!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:41 am »

I'm here now and to all of you I feel it's time I come out with this. Rastas continues to be m number 1 suspect. Every single time she has provided any read at all or any stance on anything she has hedged it with but maybe I'm just the new girl.

Raerae. Reads on entire town please

I assume it's me but who the f-bomb you be talking about, love?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2013, 01:27:32 am »

Rarae sounds like a strange, parody version of herself from XVII. I think she is playing up issues unrelated to the game. The town explanation for this is that there isn't lot of meaty convo to discuss. The scum explanation is that that's exactly what newbie scum do.

Robz! As much as I HATE me some meta-arguments, I gotta say that IC raerae would have said all this (plus some jokey posts about Shraeye cooking dinner (which was super tasty) by now) so if you love you some meta-arguments, tell me I'm not being IC raerae right now.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:09 am »

Rarae sounds like a strange, parody version of herself from XVII. I think she is playing up issues unrelated to the game. The town explanation for this is that there isn't lot of meaty convo to discuss. The scum explanation is that that's exactly what newbie scum do.
Wait, I'm slowly catching up, and I don't understand this.  I can verify that she's drunk, and that she holds a normal 8 to 5 job at which she has virtually no time to post things.  I don't know what other "unrelated to game" issues you could be talking about.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2013, 01:29:50 am »

And... no response to my suspicions? Lurkers gonna lurk.

Who you talking about? If I'm accidentally lurking I'll respond to stuff but so far I think I'm just avoiding Insom telling me to diagnose the world.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:12 am »

Robz! As much as I HATE me some meta-arguments, I gotta say that IC raerae would have said all this (plus some jokey posts about Shraeye cooking dinner (which was super tasty) by now) so if you love you some meta-arguments, tell me I'm not being IC raerae right now.

Your not being IC raerae. You're trying to be IC raerae. See the difference?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: ZMIX - Veterans Go Flavorless (READ OP, FOLLOW PROCEDURE TO IN)
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2013, 01:35:00 am »

What's this drinking shennenigans? I might in just for that.

GRUJAH!!!  This shit was supposed to begin on a day when raerae could be f to the upedup and play mafia and have a grand old time in life.  It did not.  So apparently I made that happen on a Wendesday.  Oh why, why have all the misspellings occurred now??  UGh!!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2013, 01:36:39 am »

GRUJAH!!!  This shit was supposed to begin on a day when raerae could be f to the upedup and play mafia and have a grand old time in life.  It did not.  So apparently I made that happen on a Wendesday.  Oh why, why have all the misspellings occurred now??  UGh!!

Your misspellings are not an issue. Your scumminess is. And now your scumbuddy has come out to defend you. This game is a wrap, yes?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2013, 01:38:03 am »

Your not being IC raerae. You're trying to be IC raerae. See the difference?

Nope, spell it out for me.  I'm being stupid honest, trying not to screw town, and generally probably saying too much.

Whoops, reread(because I tried to hit enter and ended up hitting //), see you as trying to see me as trying to be IC raerae but dude, raerare don't play that game.  Legit argument, maybe one I would use, but not one that's going to do well for you. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:20 am »

I stated in Buffy that I would LOVE to think Shraeye is scum.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  That is still true!!  Case in point, we played Blokus (travel-version) tonight and ended blocked half the board for him and half the board for me (we both super lost). 

I can verify this as well (apparently we have a healthily antagonistic relationship).  I would love nothing more that to think raerae is scum, but i'd say right now she's my biggest townread.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:38 am »

Your misspellings are not an issue. Your scumminess is. And now your scumbuddy has come out to defend you. This game is a wrap, yes?

NO!!!  He's on my list but I have a stronger read on Eevee!!  Don't group me in with him!  Misspellings are just something that raerare pays too much attention to.  Drunk or sober.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2013, 01:45:47 am »

I have not given him town credit yet (reread, I haven't given anybody town credit, sorry!) so let's go ahead and assume (as I posted to you once) that I'm not convinced on him yet.  Or I would have posted that bidness.

Also, realized I haven't posted a read on Galz, also realized I HATE to admit I have a townread on that dirty whore.  Ugh, he's so abrasive I hate to say so but it's true!!  This is 100% how he acted in Bufffy when he was CONVINCED Cuzz was going to flip Town (he didn't!) and I hate me some meta-arguments.  Ugh, again!!

Who you talking about? If I'm accidentally lurking I'll respond to stuff but so far I think I'm just avoiding Insom telling me to diagnose the world.
Ok, so you're avoiding directly answering Insomniac's question, but I think I've pieced together that you find Galzria towny, Eevee very scummy, and me a little scummy?  That's almost everyone.  What do you think about Grujah and mcmcsalot?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:15 am »

Insom!  (Apparently I love yelling your name?)  I've given half-credit town to Shraeye, mostly scum-read on Eevee, and I have no idea on anybody else.  Who am I missing?  I'll post my thoughts on people I know are in this game below...

Galz - town and I hate it because he has that same Robz thing that is too cocky and kills me.
mcmcsalot - little bit scummy but nothing that I would post were I not prompted by towntastic people, mostly his posts #138 - 141 kind of seemed fighty with Insom and then #155 when he went after me for not posting after I had clearly indicated I would not be able to post much of substance for the first 8 hours.
grujah - is he the only one I've missed?  I agree with shraeye's assessment of him.  he seems scummy, his interactions with eevee and mcmcsalot seem scummy, he thinks I'm scummy for not posting substance (#151ish?) which happens to be his 3rd post in thread and also the 3rd one that doesn't say much.  Dude, if you're going to call people out for not having substance, have some substance of your own.

Insom, is that enough?  I'll dig deeper if you like but it's also almost 1 here so I'm interested in going to bed.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:44 am »

I have not given him town credit yet (reread, I haven't given anybody town credit, sorry!) so let's go ahead and assume (as I posted to you once) that I'm not convinced on him yet.  Or I would have posted that bidness.

Ok, so you're avoiding directly answering Insomniac's question, but I think I've pieced together that you find Galzria towny, Eevee very scummy, and me a little scummy?  That's almost everyone.  What do you think about Grujah and mcmcsalot?

Keep your pants on!  I answered below.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2013, 02:54:24 am »

Robz I do agree with you
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2013, 02:55:08 am »

Raerae sorry for misspelling your name my phone auto corrects to Rastas apparently
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2013, 08:12:24 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Not voting: raerae, Shraeye, Robz888, Insomniac, Eevee, Grujah, Galzria, and mcmcsalot

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is today at 1200 (aka Noon) forum time. (about 3 hours, 48 minutes from now)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:04 am »

Ok kids, headed to work so going to place my vote on Eevee (analysis is post #220).  Also, it looks like I'm in danger today so I just want to tell you guys that the only thing you'll gain from lynching me is a wagon to analyze.  Insom is right, most of my analysis is hedgey but that's just how I do life.  I'm always trying to see things from more than my perspective because I've be wrong once or twice so I like trying to see things all the way around.  Just how I roll.

Vote: Eevee

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:35 am »

Vote Count 1.4

Eevee (1): raerae

Not voting: Shraeye, Robz888, Insomniac, Eevee, Grujah, Galzria, and mcmcsalot

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is today at 1200 (aka Noon) forum time. (about 2 hours, 46 minutes from now)
Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2013, 09:47:39 am »

what makes you suspect shraeye the most? i'm realizing i'm generally better at evaluating other peoples cases/reasonings than i am at actually reading/judging people.

What makes you unwilling to vote for shraeye?

Robz, I'm also curious about this and (spoiler) Eevee is sneaking up my scumlist.
Is it because I was sleeping?

Phone posting, will be around later. Town read on Galz and Grujah, of course both could be scum. My brother is giving a sincere defense, but he could still be scum. Rarae has made herself a lot less suspicious by posting more... But it wasn't super substantive.

I'm feeling best about a shraeye lynch at the moment. Who is with me?

I often fall in this caveat, but the recent attacks on me kinda scummified him in my eyes :s He is also seeing triples, just like mcmcalot, but shra should know better by now. Going out-there with triples and no info to back it up D1 - really?

That's the nature of this setup.  I've played as VT once, as scum once, and as IC once.  If you aren't looking for the entire team, you're gonna miss things.  When you find a suspect, you HAVE to ask yourself if this person is actually scum, who are their partners, and who is on my team?

Scumteams have been called in this setup before, but I'm not sure if it was by day 1 or not.  It's a lot easier than in a real game; this setup is very unique.
I disagree with this a lot. I think finding possibilities "either is scum" or "both cant be scum" is the way to go in this setup, not calling out entire teams.

Surprised to see so little activity during my sleep (10 hours, YAY!). So, thoughts on everyone, I thought I'd make a list like this before seeing Grujah asked me for one so I thought about the game when I was lying in bed and waking up. So this is mostly based on the first 9 pages with the last page freshly read in mind as well:
Eevee: It's me, Eevee!
Insomniac & Robz: Good solid IC-game, seal of approval.
Galzria: I think the first half of the game was such a classic town Galz (I didn't realize this in the heat of the moment, but thinking back dude had like half the posts and was just everywhere, that's the town Galz I know and love having as an IC to lead things). His level of activity has since dropped, but to lurky levels. I'll call him a light town read, there are 5 players out of whom 3 are mafia so 60 being the standard, Galz gets a 55.
mcmcmsalot: Probably my strongest town read, largely because of the emotion-read I explained earlier. I have a little brother myself, I think it's pretty solid. 45.
shraeye: I know I suspected him earlier, but thinking about it, I was just irritated because I thought he was unnecessarily mean to Galzria and also really wrong. This reminds me of the town shraeye in Robz's megamafia. By now I should know shraeye plays scum VERY well and fooled me hardcore in the game someone referenced earlier, but even there he seemed different and somehow.. friendlier? So I think both analytical and emotional analysis leads to a town read on shraeye. 50.
Grujah: I've never been good at reading Grujah. He hasn't done much anything I can remember, apart from asking some questions which can be read as an easy way to contribute without really saying much (I don't remember where this falls in Grujah's meta though). I feel I always have this "slightly scummy" read on him, so this is probably of not much help, but PoE 70 because others have seemed townier.
raerae: Top scum read. Robz's assessment of her play "trying to sound like she was as an IC" resonates with me. It could be that she was drunk or that she was under pressure for the first time, I don't know. Would be helpful to get her to post before making a decision, it's unfortunate she won't. (deadline in 2 hours? holy!) Still, even her self-summary seemed scummy to me, so I'm definitely most okay with her lynch. 75

We are going to a restaurant in 1 hour, I'll be here until then and possibly phone posting a bit from there after that. After we come home, I'll have great availability day 2 seeing how I just woke up and won't go anywhere today.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:41 am »

I just boarded my plane. Unfortunately I am landing after deadline, so I have to drop a vote now and disappear.

Shraeye or raerae are the options. I think I will ultimately go for Vote: raerae.

Sorry if insomniac wants to go in a directin and I just made that difficult. Listen to him, obviously.

If I die... Grujah is town I think. I lean toward town for Galz. My town read on Eevee is not as strong here as usual, but that doesn't mean I definitely think he is scum. My brother... I really can't tell what he is, sorry.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2013, 09:50:13 am »

I'll Vote: raerae as well,  got to put my vote where my mouth is.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:09 am »

Vote Count 1.5

Eevee (1): raerae
raerae (2): Robz888, Eevee

Not voting: Shraeye, Insomniac, Grujah, Galzria, and mcmcsalot

Deadline is today at 1200 (aka Noon) forum time. (about 1 hours, 57 minutes from now)
Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

FoS everyone, deadline is looming. :( Is it some awkward time for you guys or something?

Going to dinner already, I'll try to keep up on phone. Maybe this lack of activity isn't that bad actually, my top scum read is getting lynched after all. I doubt scum can hope the lynch will be redirected if they don't post though, I don't know. I see EVERYONE bu Galzria in the players online listing, though..

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2013, 10:10:06 am »

Going to go ahead and Vote: Raerae I got a huge scum read as I said and I support this all the way.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 15 queries.