Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295574 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2019, 03:10:52 pm »

Vote Count 1.12
"One sticks one’s finger into the soil to tell by the smell in what land one is: I stick my finger in existence — it smells of nothing. Where am I? Who am I? How came I here? What is this thing called the world? What does this world mean? Who is it that has lured me into the world? Why was I not consulted, why not made acquainted with its manners and customs instead of throwing me into the ranks, as if I had been bought by a kidnapper, a dealer in souls? How did I obtain an interest in this big enterprise they call reality? Why should I have an interest in it? Is it not a voluntary concern? And if I am to be compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I should like to make a remark to him. Is there no director? Whither shall I turn with my complaint?" — Søren Kierkegaard
@DreadPirateSøren, please take all complaints to PM or private quicktopic

MiX (6): Debatepro, shraeye, arishipshape, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight
mail-mi (3): silverspawn, MiX, EFHW
raerae (3): Joseph2302, DatSwan, faust
DatSwan (1): Uncleeurope

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm. That's in about 2 hours.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2019, 03:19:36 pm »

Vote: mail-mi

I will switch to MiX if it gets too close, he is at L-1.

I just dislike our current wagons right now.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2019, 03:50:50 pm »

So are people just waiting for MiX to die?

I dislike the mail-mi wagon. I don't think I want to be a part of that.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »

What? Really? Gods, I was worried this could happen, but...really?

And the worst part is there's nothing I can do about it...

I won't claim, there is no reason, nothing matters, only when the hammer drops.

Whoever the scum are, bravo, you did one of the best mislynches I've seen in all of the games I read, well done.

The worst part is that I'm not sure mail-mi dying is preferable to my own death...my ideas and scumreads have been flipped on their heads, I don't know what to believe in.

Let it be known that I still think shraeye is scum. But of what use are the ramblings of a madman?

I have but one question: who is the other mason? Do not answer if you never wanted to disclose this information, @LaLight, but I want closure.

sigh, even the IC voted me...the newbies never moved their very early votes, shraeye hasn't stopped pushing me, raerae cedded to pressure...mail-mi's vote is entirely reasonable; survival of the fittest, I would've done the same, in fact I am doing so this very moment.

If there is any other information that anyone wants from me, now is the time. Ask now, or said information will be lost forever.

@faust, that wagon is the only way I can live. Unless people realize shraeye's scum, which won't happen in an hour.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2019, 03:53:54 pm »

On my death bed, could someone please recognize that the post #558 exists? Just that it exists, so that I may die with one less concern...

But really! No one talked about it, why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2019, 03:54:32 pm »

@faust, that wagon is the only way I can live. Unless people realize shraeye's scum, which won't happen in an hour.
Well, unless you are moving somewhere else, intent to hammer I guess.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2019, 03:55:33 pm »

@MiX I'm still trying to understand what exactly is going on in this game. My reread was more like a detailed skim. I'm excited to get to day 2 so I can start with a fresh day.
Whats so amazing about this, MiX?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:00 pm »

Well, unless you are moving somewhere else, intent to hammer I guess.

vote: shraeye, so the final vote count makes sense

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:37 pm »

I need to check something with a mod
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:53 pm »

don't hammer yet

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 01, 2019, 03:57:18 pm »

k

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 01, 2019, 03:57:32 pm »

@MiX I'm still trying to understand what exactly is going on in this game. My reread was more like a detailed skim. I'm excited to get to day 2 so I can start with a fresh day.
Whats so amazing about this, MiX?

The post before that, cmon that was easy! that was REPLY #558

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 01, 2019, 03:58:20 pm »

If there is any other information that anyone wants from me, now is the time. Ask now, or said information will be lost forever.
Rank each player from townyness to scummyness.
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 01, 2019, 03:59:43 pm »

So for fun let's look at the two biggest wagons. 

looks at MiX and raerae's wagons

Don't forget about LaLight!

I should probably step in: I'm fine with a LaLight lynch, but I would much prefer a shraeye lynch...I've been rereading some of his games, what I've concluded thus far is that he's much more consistent as scum, whereas he jokes way more as town. Now, I've only read 3 games, but I think this is a decent pool for me to get a taste of his meta...I'd love to hear the opinions from anyone who has more information on shraeye's meta (especially raerae). This meta matches with scum!shraeye this game, in fact, I'm confident enough to make a case:

- His initial vote on me is classic scumhunting: obvious, low effort and pro-town, I see this as scummy, since he doesn't do much between this and saying the reason.

- When stating his reason on his first vote, he compounds this with my flailing, saying that I went back and forth on his case; then, when I defended it, he essencially disregarded it, using it to further his scumread: I believe no one would do this as town; yes, WIFOM states that scum wouldn't do it either, but shraeye has definitly commited to mislynch me, at worst he doesn't have to make a good case on someone else, at best he gets a free mislynch based on towny's cases on me.

- Throws a lot of shade on uncle, especially for "looking for scummy things" against EFHW; I think that was towny from Uncle, as I was doing the same, I never said anything because I hadn't found enough, but uncle clearly thought otherwise, EFHW was an unscrutinized player and needed some pressure.

- Gives a townread on raerae, which is a very safe play, as she said (he would be called out if he hadn't said it), and...I don't see any more scumreads. For me this signals he very clearly intends to mislynch me today and will figure out the rest as he goes along, which is fine, scum only needs 1 scumread per day.

All in all, what I would expect as scum, almost TOO perfectly. Everyone, please tell me all the confirmation bias I am in, I have to admit I've never done a case on scum before, not of this importance, usually all that was needed was "oh he's fakeclaiming, lynch"; I would love EVERYONE's opinion on this.

mail-mi, ewww on that raerae vote, no explanation at this stage of the day is bad, as raerae posted, no one has good cases on her, if she's scum you'll need to convince people to join her wagon man.

And just to be clear, I also reread DatSwan and LaLight and I find both of them to be scummy.
If, against all odds, you flip town, I will make this my mafia bible.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 01, 2019, 03:59:59 pm »

I should probably step in: I'm fine with a LaLight lynch, but I would much prefer a shraeye lynch...I've been rereading some of his games, what I've concluded thus far is that he's much more consistent as scum, whereas he jokes way more as town. Now, I've only read 3 games, but I think this is a decent pool for me to get a taste of his meta...I'd love to hear the opinions from anyone who has more information on shraeye's meta (especially raerae). This meta matches with scum!shraeye this game, in fact, I'm confident enough to make a case:

- His initial vote on me is classic scumhunting: obvious, low effort and pro-town, I see this as scummy, since he doesn't do much between this and saying the reason.

- When stating his reason on his first vote, he compounds this with my flailing, saying that I went back and forth on his case; then, when I defended it, he essencially disregarded it, using it to further his scumread: I believe no one would do this as town; yes, WIFOM states that scum wouldn't do it either, but shraeye has definitly commited to mislynch me, at worst he doesn't have to make a good case on someone else, at best he gets a free mislynch based on towny's cases on me.

- Throws a lot of shade on uncle, especially for "looking for scummy things" against EFHW; I think that was towny from Uncle, as I was doing the same, I never said anything because I hadn't found enough, but uncle clearly thought otherwise, EFHW was an unscrutinized player and needed some pressure.

- Gives a townread on raerae, which is a very safe play, as she said (he would be called out if he hadn't said it), and...I don't see any more scumreads. For me this signals he very clearly intends to mislynch me today and will figure out the rest as he goes along, which is fine, scum only needs 1 scumread per day.

All in all, what I would expect as scum, almost TOO perfectly. Everyone, please tell me all the confirmation bias I am in, I have to admit I've never done a case on scum before, not of this importance, usually all that was needed was "oh he's fakeclaiming, lynch"; I would love EVERYONE's opinion on this.

mail-mi, ewww on that raerae vote, no explanation at this stage of the day is bad, as raerae posted, no one has good cases on her, if she's scum you'll need to convince people to join her wagon man.

And just to be clear, I also reread DatSwan and LaLight and I find both of them to be scummy.

This post exists.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:00 pm »

Rank each player from townyness to scummyness.

Ari
faust
LaLight
DatSwan (if he's mason)
raerae
Uncle
ss
Debatepro
Joseph
EFHW
DatSwan (if he's not mason)
mail-mi
shraeye

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:15 pm »

We have an hour, right? Could you please re-evaluate your opinion on Mix based on this flailing? This strongly reminds me of myself when I'm town and close to being lynched.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:48 pm »

Do it now: I am town, no I'm not lying, just giving my biggest townread a headstart

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 01, 2019, 04:02:21 pm »

We have an hour, right? Could you please re-evaluate your opinion on Mix based on this flailing? This strongly reminds me of myself when I'm town and close to being lynched.

This strongly reminds me of myself when I'm scum and close to being lynched. That's why I voted basically

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 01, 2019, 04:03:10 pm »

woah, townreading ari and faust more then me.

well, if MiX isn't scum I'm gonna eat my tie now

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 01, 2019, 04:03:45 pm »

This strongly reminds me of myself when I'm scum and close to being lynched. That's why I voted basically

We are different. As scum I would fight back with tooth and nail, or at least that's what I usually did in previous games, different medium tho

This post exists.

Thank you.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 01, 2019, 04:03:57 pm »

...Don't forget about LaLight!... lots of text

Really because so much has happened in like 300 posts... the a half FoS for you.
FNG

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 01, 2019, 04:04:25 pm »

woah, townreading ari and faust more then me.

well, if MiX isn't scum I'm gonna eat my tie now

Eat it. I want to watch it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 01, 2019, 04:05:01 pm »

We are different. As scum I would fight back with tooth and nail, or at least that's what I usually did in previous games, different medium tho

This post exists.

Thank you.

The fact that you know your meta makes it more likely you can play for or against it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 01, 2019, 04:05:26 pm »

Telling "as scum I would do X" just never gonna convince anyone

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.