Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 158629 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1150 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:49 pm »

Virgin effect is blockable, FYI.
What do you mean?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 22, 2017, 10:19:36 pm »

Virgin effect is blockable, FYI.
What do you mean?

Switch nullifies it.  Not as significant now that I know Strongman goes through my bodyguard.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 22, 2017, 10:25:29 pm »

VT!

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:28 pm »

neat

ww more or less locktown from this
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:22 pm »

Claims:

IDPTG: 1-shot Governor
WW: Bodyguard
schadd: VT
AndrewisFTTW: VT
Robz888: VT
pingpongsam: VT
TWM: VT
Eevee: VT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »

My friend is bringing me a laptop from home tomorrow, will make rereading great again. Or at least easier.

The switch to Dylan yesterday seems so hasty it feels scum-driven to me. Interested to look back what happened there.

Mcmc (and WW! thank god, i might have voted for him today)  being town also seems like an important piece of information. I think andrew would be less likely to kill mcmc, in my experience scum wants to keep their (fake) scumreads alive because it's natural and easy to keep pushing them. OTOH there are two other scum and maybe they had stronger reasons for killing mcmc, or they feared his reads or activity.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 23, 2017, 08:26:27 am »

Crickets! What's up guys?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 23, 2017, 09:16:34 am »

The switch to Dylan yesterday seems so hasty it feels scum-driven to me. Interested to look back what happened there.

So what is the narrative there? It had to be hasty due to the deadline coming up. So I don't think that is a factor. What should be the question is this:

Was the lynch scum driven to move away from Andrew to avoid lynching a partner? Or was it driven by town because they feared a mislynch and mafia went along with it?

It is somewhat hard to answer that question without knowing Andrew's alignment, but I do know my alignment and mcmc's alignment and I would say we were the principle drivers toward the dylan lynch.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:21 am »

So we have PPVV, leaving scum with TT: Rolecop, 2-Shot Ninja, Strongman.

I think we probably have to assume WW's Bodyguard claim is true. The setup does not allow for two Bodyguards, so he actually culd have been counterclaimed. And his confusion over how it works in conjunction with other stuff seems genuine. So yeah, I accept the claim.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 23, 2017, 09:29:12 am »

I'm probably scummiest on TWM and schadd right now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 23, 2017, 09:32:24 am »

I think we probably have to assume WW's Bodyguard claim is true. The setup does not allow for two Bodyguards, so he actually culd have been counterclaimed. And his confusion over how it works in conjunction with other stuff seems genuine. So yeah, I accept the claim.

I tentatively agree. The only thing that makes me wonder is if mafia has 1-shot Ninja instead of 2-shot ninja (TTT). Joseph's role and mcmc's role combine to make VVP. And mafia could have known that all town roles had been revealed already and WW could safely fake claim.

Although I guess that gets thrown under the water as soon as either the Goon or 1-shot Ninja flip. So, yeah, I agree more now that I wrote this out.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 23, 2017, 09:43:26 am »

If there is even a chance we are at MYLO, probably better to err on the side of caution with votes.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 23, 2017, 10:03:36 am »

If there is even a chance we are at MYLO, probably better to err on the side of caution with votes.

Agreed, Unvote
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 23, 2017, 10:07:46 am »

I tentatively agree. The only thing that makes me wonder is if mafia has 1-shot Ninja instead of 2-shot ninja (TTT). Joseph's role and mcmc's role combine to make VVP. And mafia could have known that all town roles had been revealed already and WW could safely fake claim.

Although I guess that gets thrown under the water as soon as either the Goon or 1-shot Ninja flip. So, yeah, I agree more now that I wrote this out.

I think this is always setup where scum can't know number of PRs to full accuracy: two different numbers of T roles give rise to the same observed scum powers.  I also claimed first (after UB), so I don't think there's any conceivable way where I could have fake claimed fully safely.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:03 am »

Maybe, but that's assuming all three scum claimed VT. I think at least one of them would want to claim a PR, right? I'm not FoSing WW, but it just seems off to me that there's only one other PR other than WW. The other possibility is lying town. Scum could potentially pass itself off as lying town or could still claim to be lying town post lynch. For example: a Tracker who thinks scum will go ahead and kill IDP since they are under the impression that there are no more PRs left and there's a high chance this would lead to a scum lynch the next day. I guess what I was saying earlier could still apply. Scum could claim a PR post lynch even after the massclaim to try to get the UB to use his shot.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 23, 2017, 10:28:13 am »

I'm probably scummiest on TWM and schadd right now.

I agree on TWM but also pps (off wagon). Also I'm wary of you and schadd, as you have both gone through the whole game without any suspicion whatsoever. I mean I still have a townread on schadd but after mcmc flipped I'm not so inclined to trust myself anymore.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 23, 2017, 10:35:07 am »

pps was absent for the whole Dylan wagon, although it happened in a fairly short time so there could've been a IRL conflict or something for him. Also I'm curious if pps ever gave his "reasons" here:

Congratulations, scum. I'll have to figure out where they are but nice job getting a mislynch when one of your own was on the block. Considering the hour it's like they got back to back nights.

Robz and mcmc looks scummiest to me atm but a reread is definitely in order.

Why Robz?

Lurky, Voter #1, Reasons

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 23, 2017, 10:35:53 am »

I think this is always setup where scum can't know number of PRs to full accuracy: two different numbers of T roles give rise to the same observed scum powers.  I also claimed first (after UB), so I don't think there's any conceivable way where I could have fake claimed fully safely.

What I meant was that if the scum team was the following:

Rolecop, 1-shot Ninja, Goon (as mafia wouldn't know anything ascetic) then one of the two would have to be possible: TTTT or TTT. With Joseph's role and mcmc's role that is VVP. So the TTTT option isn't possible. Mafia would then know that the setup must be TTT.

If you knew that, you could have conceivably felt ok claiming Bodyguard, because you would know that there couldn't possibly be any further town PR roles out there. There isn't a risk of any counter claiming. The only risk is if a mafia was lynched that was 1-shot Ninja or Goon. As that would show that the role couldn't be TT, and must have at least been TTT. So, yes, that is still a risk. But you would have at least been safe for today.

So, I am not 100% convinced, but more confident than I initially was.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:02 am »

I was asleep while everyone decided to kill Dylan instead of Andrew.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:27 am »

pps was absent for the whole Dylan wagon, although it happened in a fairly short time so there could've been a IRL conflict or something for him. Also I'm curious if pps ever gave his "reasons" here:

Congratulations, scum. I'll have to figure out where they are but nice job getting a mislynch when one of your own was on the block. Considering the hour it's like they got back to back nights.

Why Robz?

Lurky, Voter #1, Reasons

Reasons is he is looking more and more like scum Robz letting town kill themselves without much effort on his part. I think town Robz would have engaged at this point to try to help us dig out of the hole we're in.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 23, 2017, 10:39:22 am »

I'm not moving off of Andrew today.

I would see Andrew, Robz, maybe Schadd/Eevee as team.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:05 am »

Why Robz?

Lurky, Voter #1, Reasons

Reasons is he is looking more and more like scum Robz letting town kill themselves without much effort on his part. I think town Robz would have engaged at this point to try to help us dig out of the hole we're in.

Yeah but he's here. Were you expecting him to be leading town today or something?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:43 am »

Why Robz?

Lurky, Voter #1, Reasons

Yeah but he's here. Were you expecting him to be leading town today or something?

Robz can and will lead when it behooves him to do so. Apparently it does not behoove which reads scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 23, 2017, 10:53:54 am »

PPS is making a valid point about robz. Scum has got to be pretty happy with how things have been going.

We are obviously not going to lynch WW today, so I think any edge-case suspicions on him should be left for later when they might become relevant. I'm always wary of speaking against someone becoming (for all intents and purposes) an IC, IC's are what scum fears the most.

I know this is  hindsight, but did we gain anything by joseph falling on his sword? Who suggested that? Seems a little bold for scum manipulation, but as far as i can tell that turned out pretty bad for us.

Is my memory failing me, or has PPS been the most vocal voice of suspicion against robz earlier days as well?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 23, 2017, 11:12:03 am »

Vote Count 3.1

pingpongsam (1): AndrewisFTTW
AndrewisFTTW (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (5+1): IDontPlayThisGame, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, schadd, pingpongsam, Eevee

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Day 3 ends Wednesday, Mar 21+8 at 11 am FT.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.